Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

just ignore the donald

18 posts in this topic

since his first 100 days has been and abject failure...they say...a week or whenever from now when aca is repealed...

they should just ignore it. :lol:

Have you been drinking this morning? I ask since, besides being more poorly written than usual, this post (and thread idea, although calling it an idea is being generous) is even more stupid than they regularly are.

• Like 4

Have you been drinking this morning? I ask since, besides being more poorly written than usual, this post (and thread idea, although calling it an idea is being generous) is even more stupid than they regularly are.

Nip's post doesn't even seem relevant to the title which he gave the thread????????????????

Nip's post doesn't even seem relevant to the title which he gave the thread????????????????

In many ways I agree with NIP and the advise he is giving here;  Ignore what comes from this insecure, childish,  not to bright,  clown (Trump).    McCain just gave similar advise to our allies. 

Instead focus on what the Trump admin and the GOP actually implement.   Thankfully, so far, it hasn't been much.    

E.g. There is the thread about the Trump Tax 'plan'.      The odds any tax reform passed by the GOP lead House resembles this Trump Tax plan are about the same as Trump growing up and acting presidential.      Just like with the repeal and replace of the ACA, the GOP isn't going to be able to come to a consensus on tax reform,  especially one that increases the debt as much as the Trump plan would.

It's kind of HARD to ignore president "PufnStuf"  when the TV news plasters his bloated MUG on the screen all the time.

Just like you couldn't ignore president "Mushmouth" when HE was in office.

Sepiatone

In many ways I agree with NIP and the advise he is giving here;  Ignore what comes from this insecure, childish,  not to bright,  clown (Trump).    McCain just gave similar advise to our allies. 

Instead focus on what the Trump admin and the GOP actually implement.   Thankfully, so far, it hasn't been much.    

E.g. There is the thread about the Trump Tax 'plan'.      The odds any tax reform passed by the GOP lead House resembles this Trump Tax plan are about the same as Trump growing up and acting presidential.      Just like with the repeal and replace of the ACA, the GOP isn't going to be able to come to a consensus on tax reform,  especially one that increases the debt as much as the Trump plan would.

Ignoring the president of the United States is like ignoring that cancerous growth inside you or Europe ignoring Hitler.

He may be insecure, vain, immature, ignorant and incompetent, but he has power.  More importantly he gives power to others at all levels of government.

The people he has placed in cabinet positions and his executive orders have been significant as indicators or what can happen.  While the intial results may not have "been much," the potential is huge.

The only way the tax plan will not reflect what Trump has proposed is if people contact their state and federal legislators and oppose it.  Otherwise, the GOPers will pass it just to get what they and lobbyists want added in.

I do agree that the Republicans in Congress probably will eliminate many things he has proposed, but only if the people don't ignore Trump.

Ignore Trump?  That is what the Nazi party and the Communist party wanted the world to do.  Why not ignore Assad, Kim Jong- un, ISIS, etc.?

• Like 4

Ignoring the president of the United States is like ignoring that cancerous growth inside you or Europe ignoring Hitler.

He may be insecure, vain, immature, ignorant and incompetent, but he has power.  More importantly he gives power to others at all levels of government.

The people he has placed in cabinet positions and his executive orders have been significant as indicators or what can happen.  While the intial results may not have "been much," the potential is huge.

The only way the tax plan will not reflect what Trump has proposed is if people contact their state and federal legislators and oppose it.  Otherwise, the GOPers will pass it just to get what they and lobbyists want added in.

I do agree that the Republicans in Congress probably will eliminate many things he has proposed, but only if the people don't ignore Trump.

Ignore Trump?  That is what the Nazi party and the Communist party wanted the world to do.  Why not ignore Assad, Kim Jong- un, ISIS, etc.?

Wow you're sooooo over the top.      But continue on.

PS:  See Congress agreed on a spending bill that will keep thing mostly the same until September.     This is a prime example of NOT overrating to the media fear spin.     Oh,  there is going to be a shutdown!!   OMG,   people are going to die because items are cut,,,,  oh,  my the world is going to end. 

The media is pushing Trump fear 24\7 to boost ratings and clearly the plan is working.

Wow you're sooooo over the top.      But continue on.

PS:  See Congress agreed on a spending bill that will keep thing mostly the same until September.     This is a prime example of NOT overrating to the media fear spin.     Oh,  there is going to be a shutdown!!   OMG,   people are going to die because items are cut,,,,  oh,  my the world is going to end. 

The media is pushing Trump fear 24\7 to boost ratings and clearly the plan is working.

The temporary spending authorization that just passed did so because people did not ignore Trump.  They put pressure on their elected representatives because the media pointed out the problems with his many ill-founded proposals.

Don't assume that because he didn't "win" this time, he won't be back or do more.

Now he is talking of meeting with Kim Jong-un, whom he called "a pretty smart cookie."  Nothing wrong with meeting with leaders of other countries, but ironic that Trump and the Republicans crucified Pres. Obama for even suggesting he would talk to other leaders of unfriendly nations.  He also wants to meet with presidnent of the Phillipines and the president of Turkey.  

Trump loves dictators or near dictators who have total authority.  That is ominous and not to be ignored.

All the media I watched assumed there would be a temporary extension, but they did mention there would be a shut down if one not done.  That is called reporting and informing the people.

As we know from past experience, certain Republicans would love to shut down the government given the opportunity.

And Trump is the most powerful man in the world.  Just ask the people who died on a certain airfield in Syria because he wanted to do something.

I could be over the top, but you are definitely living in a sheltered world completely oblivious to what is happening and what could happen.  I saw it happen in South Carolina and the South and Princess saw it happen in Kansas (I think).  Never ignore the people who hold the reigns of power.

• Like 2

The temporary spending authorization that just passed did so because people did not ignore Trump.  They put pressure on their elected representatives because the media pointed out the problems with his many ill-founded proposals.

Don't assume that because he didn't "win" this time, he won't be back or do more.

Now he is talking of meeting with Kim Jong-un, whom he called "a pretty smart cookie."  Nothing wrong with meeting with leaders of other countries, but ironic that Trump and the Republicans crucified Pres. Obama for even suggesting he would talk to other leaders of unfriendly nations.  He also wants to meet with presidnent of the Phillipines and the president of Turkey.  

Trump loves dictators or near dictators who have total authority.  That is ominous and not to be ignored.

All the media I watched assumed there would be a temporary extension, but they did mention there would be a shut down if one not done.  That is called reporting and informing the people.

As we know from past experience, certain Republicans would love to shut down the government given the opportunity.

And Trump is the most powerful man in the world.  Just ask the people who died on a certain airfield in Syria because he wanted to do something.

I could be over the top, but you are definitely living in a sheltered world completely oblivious to what is happening and what could happen.  I saw it happen in South Carolina and the South and Princess saw it happen in Kansas (I think).  Never ignore the people who hold the reigns of power.

Most members in Congress, and especially Ryan did ignore Trump.    AGAIN,  by ignore Trump I clearly meant his WORD and NOT his actions.    Ryan will also largely ignore Trump's bogus Tax plan (Ryan wouldn't even use that as a template but instead his own plan).

Trump will continue to say really stupid things but in most cases what he says on major issues will have little impact to the final bills that get passed (assuming the GOP Congress can even pass them).    In addition when Trump takes executive action (the primary way he can wield power),  there is the courts to block him (something Session was too stupid to understand).   

So I see on reason to worry that Trump is going to become a dictator like Hitler (which is where you went WAY over the top).

So I see on reason to worry that Trump is going to become a dictator like Hitler (which is where you went WAY over the top).

Never said Trump was going to become a dictator; that was a gross misinterpretation on your part.  Although, I am sure he wishes he could become one or a de facto dictator such as some of the world leaders he admires.

I said ignoring people who wield tremendous power is a mistake.  Furthermore, just by not ignoring what Trump says helps everyone to better understand how he thinks and operates.  It also alerts people of when they need to contact their elected representatives or others to stop him from actually doing what he says.

And don't forget, his Executive Orders and the actions of his appointees carry serious consequences for US and the World.

• Like 1

Not that I believe in ignoring someone as dangerous as Trump, I read an article yesterday on the subject.

It appears basically that Wall St., the banking industry, corporations and most importantly the House and Senate are ignoring Trump.

They are doing exactly what they want to regardless of what Trump wants or has said in the past.  Most everything is the opposite of what Trump said he would do or has asked for.

Remember, the current AHCA is NOT what Trump promised the people or what he asked for.  He caved to the House Republicans.

The spending bill he will now sign is totally opposite of what he asked for in budgets, except for a partial increase in defense spending.

This is definitive proof that Trump does not believe in anything but empty promises to get himself elected.  A complete con artist.  This from the campaign trail ...

• Like 3

This is definitive proof that Trump does not believe in anything but empty promises to get himself elected.  A complete con artist.  This from the campaign trail ...

can't see video??

:blink:

can't see video??

you could always search on youtube for it.  It is Trump interview Sept 2015 on health care.  What a liar!

• Like 1

can't see video??

Have noticed that I cannot access a video in a post, but if I reply by quoting the post I can then view it by clicking.

• Like 1

Have noticed that I cannot access a video in a post, but if I reply by quoting the post I can then view it by clicking.

I think it must be this site.  I have had problems viewing them too but then the problems disappear a few hours later.