Sign in to follow this  
julieandaudreyfan13

If you were lost in a jungle, what "musical celebrity" would you choose?

40 posts in this topic

Okay, I understand the question to be if we were deserted on an island who would we like to be with. Although I love Julie Andrews and Judy Garland. It's more of a platonic type of love. Like, "Hey, I would love nothing more than to have you sing to me all day long".

Now that that's out of the way as I would never want to insult either of them. Lord knows I secretly carried a crush on Ms. Andrews for years and years and years. But if I was on a deserted island I would like either Ann-Margret or Pamela Tiffin. Either one and I would make sure I am never rescued at all. Although neither of them would feel that way about me.

It also wouldn't hurt to be deserted with Sophia Loren, Gina Lollobrigida, Virna Lisi, Raquel Welch, Elke Sommer, Barbara Eden, Tina Louise, Dawn Wells, Annette Funicello, Carol Lynley, Stefanie Powers, Nancy Kwan and "SHE" aka Ursula Andress.

Are you kidding? Gene Kelly of course! With his strength and ability to swing on vines like Tarzan survival in the jungle would be easy.

> {quote:title=Im4movies2 wrote:}{quote}

> Are you kidding? Gene Kelly of course! With his strength and ability to swing on vines like Tarzan survival in the jungle would be easy.

ITA!

Jessie Matthews is under-rated 'cause so few people have seen her. But once you see one of her better films, you're hooked. I have most of them now; altho a couple others are issued only in region 2 format and I'm hoping one day I'll get to see them come out region 1 ...

I was trying to think of a good jungle mate ...

How 'bout Kay Aldridge, the jungle girl herself from "Nyoka and the Tigermen" ...

Howard Keel, no doubt about it. He was gorgeous, absolutely delicious-looking in Kiss Me Kate. Could listen to him sing all day.

On the other hand, just for really fun entertainment, probably Danny Kaye.

These guys would serve entirely different needs.

Was *Victor/Victoria* not a hit? I like it...

Can I take two celebrities? Judy Garland and Gene Kelly are my two absolute favourites. Just look at the chemistry between them! I get uncomfortable watching them kiss! I'd make them produce a child (because it would be beautiful and talented) and well...I just love Gene! I'm not into polygamy at all. I'm not!

But if I HAD to take just one...Gene. Geeeeeene -drool-. He's so athletic and talented. His movies are of the highest caliber, even The Pirate.

DOROTHY LAMOUR because...well, I dunno, she kind of fits there. Maybe it has a little something to do with that sarong.

And if she wasn't available, Kathryn Grayson, because I bet she would have looked nice in a sarong too.

June Allyson. As a teenager, I was head over heels in love with her. She was so underrated as a musical star. Tis a shame she had to drop out of "Royal Wedding".

A no-brainer: Gene Kelly of course! He could slay wild animals with his sword (while backflipping off a palm tree.) Easily carry the ladies over muddy patches to save their dresses. Swing down a vine after leaping through the tree tops gathering food. As for rain in the forest, heck, it wouldn't bother him a bit. Yes, having Sinatra or Howard Keel croon a soothing lullabye while lost would be nice, but for practicality, it's Gene all the way!

Edited by: Plgrove on Nov 15, 2010 7:16 AM

I have to agree. Gene Kelly is so much more the practical choice. And practicality doesn't at all mean bland in this case! If you got to a safe space of solid ground he could spin you around and give you that winning smile. That combined with the athleticism needed to tote you through the brush makes him a natural male hero!