Sign in to follow this  
classicfilmbuff

if you had the chance to dance in any musical which would you choose

61 posts in this topic

I would choose Singin' in the Rain as well.

Although, I have to confess that if Brigadoon had been filmed on location, that would be mighty tempting, too! :)

Can't sing or dance, so my choice would be, though not a musical, Peter Boyle singing and dancing to Puttin' on the Ritz in Young Frankenstein. To attempt anything more would be utter torture for the viewing public.

I would love to have been one of the waltzers in Lubitsch's "The Merry Widow" from 1934, Also, if I could actually dance really well, I would love to have been one of Judy's background jazz dancers in the "Get Happy number in "Summerstock".

Call Me Madam...Donald O'connor dancing with Vera Ellen to

"It's a Lovely Night Tonight" from the chapter 14 on the dvd.

One of the smoothest sequences of dance in movies. !!

compared to vhs the dvd is great, except, it's not as sharp as it could be.

the color technician during processing seems to activate the switch too much (from what little I know .

In comparison....."There's No Business Like Show Business" was extrmely sharp on DVD.

Minoltaman

I would probably choose "The King And I" just to dance in that impressive ballroom and twirl around with Yul Brynner.

Most defintly a big Rogers and Hammerstein fan! When I feel a little down I have to watch a musical by them, it tends to make feel better and I start Humming a tune,

I 100% agree with that :) , even when other movie studios used the same stars, it was not the same, for example Let's Be Happy with Vera-Ellen and Tony Martin- 2 MGM musical stars, but not so good a musical (my opinion)

The "MGM touch" was something pretty darn near impossible to reproduce, many attempted it, but often it came across as just a pale imitation. It's no coincidence that it was the only studio to stay in black numbers through the depression! :D

black numbers..... that means that they had a good financial situation right ?

where they really the only studio ??

I would like to dance in West Side Story, I'm a guy so I thought it was interesting how they incorporated dancing and fighting together, and you can't argue with snapping fingers

Cover Girl so i could dance with and then watch the lady who made it look so easy and natural: Rita Hayworth. She is soooo awesome. I think she danced right out of the womb. P.S.-- Hopefully there would be lots of retakes. Can we write in a kissing scene for Rita and I??