Sign in to follow this  
classicfilmbuff

if you had the chance to dance in any musical which would you choose

61 posts in this topic

Since I'm rather new to the message boards, I'm not sure what you are referring to, Johnm. Perhaps you can explain it to me. I'm loving being a part of this, since I'm a movie lover from way back. Thanks, Johnm.;

Terrence.

> {quote:title=Terrence1 wrote:}{quote}

> Since I'm rather new to the message boards, I'm not sure what you are referring to, Johnm. Perhaps you can explain it to me. I'm loving being a part of this, since I'm a movie lover from way back. Thanks, Johnm.;

>

> Terrence.

You know what, Terrence? It just doesn't matter. It's just something from the past, and it doesn't matter. Enjoy your time here, and keep enjoying movies. Your pick is a good one. Who wouldn't want to dance with Vera-Ellen?!

If I could dance in any movie musical I would choose "On Your Toes"

the Vera Zorina part only because I think 'Slaughter On 10th Avenue' is the

most beautiful music ever....

(Best composers of the 20th Century..Richard Rogers and George Gershwin)

If you are just talking about writing music, I would agree that it's Rodgers. If you are talking music AND lyrics, it's definitely Cole Porter. He had a staggering amount of talent.

I, personally, prefer Jerry Herman and Frank Loesser over Cole Porter, for words and music guys; but I certainly appreciate Porter's talent. *High Society* and *Anything Goes* (60s version) are favorites of mine.

THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN or 42ND STREET would be my choice. Can't decide which one. Although MOLLY BROWN's choreography is a lot harder. Maybe 42ND STREET is the way to go.

"Seven Brides for Seven Brothers", it was done before my time but all of the dancers there are exceptional plus they have Julie Newmar as one of the brides to be

Easy one..... I'd love to have been in the chorus for "Pass That Peace Pipe" from the glorious *Good News.* This is hands down one of the great production numbers and features Joan McCracken and Ray McDonald. A superb number.

I would have loved to been around and dance in the chorus number of Broadway Melody in Singing In the Rain. While watching the dvd I try to follow the steps in my living room without knocking down lamps etc. I had the opportunity to recreate in a talent show Couple of Swells from Easter Parade. I played Fred and my partner of course was Judy. We did a fairly good "re-creation" of it. The steps were easy enough to follow and we brought the house down. That is the closest I ever got to doing an actual movie musical dance,