Sign in to follow this  
classicfilmbuff

this or that

2,953 posts in this topic

Robert Taylor. (Is there any OTHER choice?)

And Kathy...have you ever been to NYC's Coney Island and ridden the Cyclone? Oldest wooden roller coaster in the world. A 'wild' ride.

Now back to the game:

Jean-Paul Belmondo or Alain Delon.

Catherine Deneuve or Jeanne Moreau.

Hey...let's not be xenophobic here.

Belmondo and Moreau

Sacha Guitry or Jacques Tati?

BTW, CineMaven--Thank you for your kind offer to tape FMC movies--made way back in a General Discussions thread in early September. I turned off Thread Watch to avoid problems others were having, and have just read the post now. I decline with many thanks.

CineMarven -- No, I've never been to New York at all. I always thought it would be nice to go for at least a weekend. So I've never had an opportunity to visit Coney Island. But I'm sure if I were there, I'd be wanting to go on the Cyclone. It sounds GREAT!!! Have you ever been to Pittsburgh, PA? Kennywood Park has some really nice rollarcoasters.

As for being zenophobic, I try really hard not to be. I frankly enjoy learning about other cultures. After all, I am a Star Trek fan. Unfortunately for me, I'm not really familiar with alot of foreign films. I have watched a few late at night, but that is one area I really have to bone up. It's also a bit more of a challenge to both enjoy the movie and follow the subtitles at times.

I'll have to choose Wallace Ford because Shadow of a Doubt is truely a good Hitchcock movie. Like any good Alfred Hitchcock movie, I just saw it a few nights ago and it was just as good as the first time I saw it.

Alfred Hitchcock or Steven Spielberg

Stanley Kramer, definitely. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Lucille Ball or Maureen O'Hara

Ann Rutherford

Vivian Leigh or Bette Davis, should Bette have gotten the role of Scarlett O'Hara instead of Vivian?

Message was edited by: WildKathy