Sign in to follow this  
rayban

No Words

61 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, jaragon said:

Now that out of the closet Kevin Spacey career is dead... I wonder who they will cast as Gore Vidal in that project Spacey was suppose to do- any casting suggestions?

Awhile back Robert Morse did a great job in a one-person show called Tru, about Capote after his "disgrace" when he was holed up in his apartment without friends at Christmastime. PBS showed it. Of course, Morse would be at least 15 years older now, so it would depend on which specific part of Vidal's life they wanted to focus on. He used facial prosthetics for the part, which he ripped off during the curtain call, so I'm sure he could get Vidal's "look", especially on film. 

rayban's suggestions of Sean Penn and Bryan Cranston are both good ones. We've talked about Toby Jones and he might be a good choice too; he was excellent as Capote and also as Hitchcock in The Girl for HBO. He can do sweet and he can do villainous, both of which could be useful for Gore Vidal. And he's at an age where he could play up or play down.

P.S. That reminded me that Anthony Hopkins did a film version of Hitchcock. He might be able to pull off Gore Vidal; Vidal's vocal cadences were probably closer to British than American anyway. And, of course, Daniel Day Lewis can do anything.

Anyway, sorry to interrupt the flow of great photos you guys have been posting for those of us who have a sweet tooth for eye candy.

Vidal did have a fascinating live with an all star supporting cast and not too mention all that sex...."Vidal loved sex, and gossiping about it: he estimated he had had sex with a thousand men before he was 25. He told his nephew Burr Steers he had successfully pursued and had sex with Fred Astaire when he first moved to Hollywood. Steers says, “He also told me Dennis Hopper had a lovely tuft of hair above his ****. He never told me how he knew that.” Another close friend of Vidal's revealed Vidal had asked, when hearing the friend was staying at the legendarily louche Chateau Marmont, "How is the Chateau?", before adding: "Brad Davis [star of Midnight Express and Querelle] was a beautiful boy and I *****him on the bathroom floor of the Chateau Marmont."

And there is his life long passion for Jimmie Trimble -Gore's adolescent crush- who died in War World II and I think was the inspiration for his novel " The City and The Pillar"

And how about Matt Bomer as Gore- perhaps a bit too young for the older Vidal but hey that's what make up is for- and he would have no problems in the gay sex scenes -Vidal had a fondness for "straight acting" hustlers

Mark Frechette and Daria Halprin in "Zabriskie Point" and the love theme, "So Young" by Roy Orbison -

sija015-ec080-h-9863_0x440.jpg

• Like 1

First Look: Russell Tovey as Gay Superhero ‘The Ray’ in ...

towleroad.com/2017/11/gay-superhero-2

Nov 26, 2017 · In Crisis on Earth-X, the CW's four-part crossover series of its Arrow-verse, Russell Tovey plays gay superhero The Ray...

Mr Tovey is always worth a look:wub:

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking about a made for tv mini-series based on a best selling  book- late 70's early 80s?- the scene I remember was about a young boy who sees his father having sex with another man- they don't show much- just the men entering the bedroom cut to the horrified faced of the kid- this of course turns out to be a traumatic experience. Does anyone remember this?

Photographer/filmmaker Bruce Weber has been accused by a male model of sexual harassment...

• Sad 1

Francis Lacombrade (Georges) and Didier Haudepin (Alexandre) in Jean Delannoy's 1964 French film, "This Special Friendship" -

heimliche-freundschaften9.jpg

David Harbour who plays Chief Hopper in "Stranger Things" was in "Brokeback Mountain" as one of Jake's other weekend bud....

• Thanks 1