Sign in to follow this  
Hibi

Who Would You Like To See Robert Osborne Interview Next?

75 posts in this topic

I was never creeped by them. I just thoght they were more for little girls. As a kid, Iliked movies about kids, but I leaned more to the Our Gang type stuff.

I was never creeped by them. I just thoght they were more for little girls. As a kid, Iliked movies about kids, but I leaned more to the Our Gang type stuff.

Well maybe, but some grown ups will sometimes watch along with the little ones.. :)

I can understand that, patful. Similar to the way Laurel and Hardy creep me out (Chaplin is completely off the radar) with their hair prickling dim-wittedness and ickiness with women.

Eww.

I'd forgotten all about Lizabeth Scott. How old is she now? She must be in her 80's I would think............

> -Lizabeth Scott, although she'd never do an interview

> -- she's pretty much been a recluse since the

> Confidential scandal (although she was in "Pulp" in

> the early 70's).

> -Liza Minnelli

> -Jane Withers

>

> Since Fox Movie Channel owns most of the Shirley

> Temple movies, I wouldn't bet on Shirley

I'd forgotten all about Cyd. I wonder why he's never interviewed. They use her promos for films an awful lot. Strange......

> Cyd Charisse & Ricardo Montalban B-)

Is Luise Rainer still alive? She must be close to a hundred! (I hadnt read about her dying, but I could've missed it....)

She was on the Oscars a few years ago and looked pretty good!

Great thread, but who is really still alive out of the great classic movie stars?

I'd love to see interviews with..

Maureen O'Hara

Margaret O'Brien

Jane Wyman

Ann Blyth

Shirley Temple

Jane Withers

also Gene Tierney, but i am unsure if she is still with us???

Gene Tierney, alas, died some time ago. Would love to have seen any interview with her.

Hi Hibi,

Yes, Miss Rainer is still with us. She must be around 97 by now and I am told, she still has all her faculties. She lives in London.

She did look frail at both the 70th and 75th Academy Awards, but she managed quite well, I thought.

Next year, is the 80th anniversary; I wonder if she'll make it to those??? Hope so!!

Gene Tierney died many years ago. She was married to one of Hedy Lamarr's old husbands, Howard Lee, who was actually a very nice man and rich too.... Good combination, don't you think???

Larry

It's nice to know there are still a few survivors from Hollywood's Golden Age. I hope a few will be around for the 80th anniversary!

Few, sad to say. I doubt they could get Jane Wyman or Shirley Temple, but would love to see Maureen O'Hara or Ann Blyth! O'Brien and Withers were on that Child Stars special, so I doubt he would want to interview them again.......

> Great thread, but who is really still alive out of

> the great classic movie stars?

> I'd love to see interviews with..

>

> Maureen O'Hara

> Margaret O'Brien

> Jane Wyman

> Ann Blyth

> Shirley Temple

> Jane Withers

> also Gene Tierney, but i am unsure if she is still

> with us???

ooooooooooooooh!!!!!!! i would love to see Gene tierney, ricardo montalbon, liza minelli, shirley temple, margaret o'brien, maggie smith, barbra streisand, there are so many i would love to see with robert osborne, i could go on and on.

yours, theresa

I would like to see Richard Widmark, Karl Malden, Kirk Douglas, Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Lauren Bacall. I think the older individuals such as Widmark and Malden - who are in their 90's would be a real treat, although I'm sure they never do many interviews and I'm hoping they are in good health. I must say that if Liza Minelli or Barbara Streisand were ever interviewed, I'd be ready to hit my "mute" button on the remote control.

Yes, Miss Rainer is still with us. She must be around 97 by now

She is 97, her birthday is Jan.12, 1910 (see my earlier post, I'd already mentioned it before you posted :) )

No, I really can't stand that Liza Minelli and especially Barbara Streisand. She's a good singer, but I find her abrasive and a whiney type person who's very difficult to look at and listen to. JMO

It would really be wonderful to see some of the really old timers interviewed that are still alive like Luise Rainer, Joan Fontaine, Olivia DeHavilland, Maureen O'Hara, and Anita Page. Whether certain people like them as performers not, those five actresses were truly members of the Hollywood Golden Age.

PFriedman

Eva Marie Saint

Kim Novak

Shirley Jones

Debbie Reynolds

Leslie Caron

Robert Redford

Mickey Rooney

Jack Nicholson

Robert Redford

Sidney Poitier