Philip1749

New TCM Hosts

36 posts in this topic

I just can't believe so much negativity could come from TCM fans, sexist comments, such as comment about Tiffany Vazquez's legs are inappropriate.  Why cannot a young person like, be knowledgeable about and talk about classic movies?  Maybe our fan base needs some new blood.  Ben Mankiewicz is a great host and always has been.  I haven't seen one dissapointing host either as a regular hire guest, or audience guest host.

• Like 1

With all the snark about "Teenybopper Tiffany" on this board, I've been waiting and waiting patiently for someone to make what I thought would be the inevitable crack about did Ben and Eddie ask her for ID when they all have a snort together in the What does Let's Movie Mean to You? promo. Which I guess I just did, in a roundabout sort of way.

6 hours ago, Beverlyd said:

I just can't believe so much negativity could come from TCM fans, sexist comments, such as comment about Tiffany Vazquez's legs are inappropriate.  Why cannot a young person like, be knowledgeable about and talk about classic movies?  Maybe our fan base needs some new blood.  Ben Mankiewicz is a great host and always has been.  I haven't seen one dissapointing host either as a regular hire guest, or audience guest host.

I agree and it is sad how people have to use the Internet to attack people (most likely due to their own insecurities).

I have watched Ms. Vazquez since she first was hired and she did have somewhat of a rough start (e.g.looked nervous,  and not fully in her element),  but she has made improvement and I like her. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beverlyd said:

I agree, it's nice to see some young blood actually have some appreciation from movies from the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's. 

I think Tiffany has improved much and should be given a fair shake. And I too like Ben, I never thought anyone could replace Robert Osbourne (and to a degree I still think that's the case) but Ben brings his own style and train of thought into the intros, likewise Baldwin on The Essentials.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:38 AM, Gershwin fan said:

Count me in as another not Tiffany fan. Her intros are always so bland and she doesn't enunciate clearly.

DITTO. Strictly a teleprompter reader. I've never warmed up to her and skip her comments. Hopefully she watches some of the movies she introduces...........

• Like 1

Boy do I agree Tiffany Basques has got to go.  How ever the short time she is on it is

painful.  Anyone can read cue cards that are from wikipedia!!   Insult us having to hear from

a person that isn't old enough to know anything.  

24 minutes ago, phughes said:

Boy do I agree Tiffany Basques has got to go.  How ever the short time she is on it is

painful.  Anyone can read cue cards that are from wikipedia!!   Insult us having to hear from

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, phughes said:

She’s in her early 30s, how old does someone have to be to be considered old enough to know something?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

She’s in her early 30s, how old does someone have to be to be considered old enough to know something?

The poster is likely some old coot that believes one has to have lived during the times to 'know something' about said times.  

So I guess for TCM the minimum age for a host is 90.   :lol:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The poster is likely some old coot that believes one has to have lived during the times to 'know something' about said times.  

And still breathing.

Though 70s to 80s would do.

58 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Those 1 post accounts are probably someone just trolling to get a rise out of the posters here.