Sign in to follow this  
Guest K., Anne

Guitar music from September's "Hispanics in Hollywood" Promo

6 posts in this topic

Guest K., Anne

Does anyone know the name of the artist or group who performs the music featured in the "Hispanics in Hollywood" promo for September? The guitar solo is heard first, but there's also a faint vocal (in Spanish)in the background. Thanks!

Guest Cat, Maggie the

Well, I don't know anything definitive, but I'm guessing it's something by Los Lobos. They're a brilliant rock & roll band that happens to be Hispanic...or Chicano...or whatever. Or it could be output from their busman's holiday band, The Latin Playboys. That's where they do(did) their wiggy stuff. Or I could be totally wrong, and I should consult my guy who turns me on to the great Mexican rock & roll. What I'm saying is; I am not familiar with that particular track, but if you like it, you will probably like Los Lobos.

Guest mongo

Didn't Los Lobos have a big hit with the Richie Valens tune "La Bamba"?

Guest Cat, Maggie the

Yeah. They did the soundtrack for the Valens biopic of the same name. That was their biggest pop chart success, but they're still around, still rockin' after 30 years!

Guest Cat, Maggie the

Well, it's a little late, but I found the song. It's "Palatero," by the Latin Playboys, from the album Dose. Silly me, I bought the album last Xmas and never listened to it.

Guest K, Sandy

Thanks for the sleuthing, Maggie. I wasn't the poster who asked this question, but I loved the music to that promo, too! Let us know how you like the album.