Perlyn

TCM HD channel 789 - out of sync!

28 posts in this topic

Well, it's clear to me that the "out of sync" issue is far too complicated for my limited tech brain, but I do get the gist of what's being conveyed here. TCM is now back in sync this afternoon here in Northern California, but I have every reason to suspect that it will happen again...and again. It's getting to where I don't even trust my eyes anymore.

All this info regarding "packets" and TCP/IP stacks and SDV blocks is fine and well and I'm sure "correct" - but 99% of us are not digital engineers. We just want this problem permanently fixed. All of this is just another example of how ridiculously complex our 21st century world has become. Just so ironic to me that this only happens on the one main channel I most frequently watch - and it's a channel showing old movies....nearly all of which are from the 20th century.

Agreed.  I've done some software development along with engineering, so I am used to reverse-engineering other peoples problems, but for me the technology level gets to a point where it can be overwhelming too.  I doubt there are even 99 or 100 different people reading this board though.  I usually just hang out up on the main floor.  :P

I'll add to this thread by confirming that I have the same problem.  I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and the TCM HD channel on Comcast (Ch 789) is frequently out of sync, with the sound lagging the picture by less than a second, but it's enough to be noticeable and irritating.  The low-def channel (Ch 501) is fine.  I like watching the films in hi-def, but the sync problem is really irritating.

I'll add to this thread by confirming that I have the same problem.  I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and the TCM HD channel on Comcast (Ch 789) is frequently out of sync, with the sound lagging the picture by less than a second, but it's enough to be noticeable and irritating.  The low-def channel (Ch 501) is fine.  I like watching the films in hi-def, but the sync problem is really irritating.

Before the thread merge, someone else had this exact problem.  HD has audio offset issue and SD is just fine.