Princess of Tap

AMERICA HELD HOSTAGE BY trump/ THESE ARE THE TIMES THAT TRY MEN'S SOULS

485 posts in this topic

Day 145

" The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people,

The very first objective should be to keep that right;

And were it left to me to decide

whether we should have a government without newspapers or

Newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."

Thomas Jefferson, January 16th, 1787

A letter from Paris to Edward Carrington, a Continental Congress Delegate

• Like 1

Seems this shooting has woke some people up, we need to end this anti - Trump nonsense.  Guess the left will turn a deaf ear for a call for unity on Capital Hill.

Seems this shooting has woke some people up, we need to end this anti - Trump nonsense.  

Maybe the anti-Trump nonsense will stop when Trump stops his nonsense.

• Like 1

Maybe the anti-Trump nonsense will stop when Trump stops his nonsense.

While Trump should stop his 'nonsense'  (I assume you mean his immature tweets, and other arsine comments) one can NOT expect the GOP from NOT wanting to implement a conservative agenda.   The GOP won majorities in both the House and Senate and there is a GOP President, so of course the GOP is going to implement a conservative agenda.

To me the question for all people that partake in political violence:  what is the major driver for you?  I.e. are you driven to violence  mainly because of the personalities of the players involved and their rhetoric OR the actual policy changes being implemented.

With Obama I believe it was mostly the latter with right-wing crazies.   Too early for me to tell with Trump.

While Trump should stop his 'nonsense'  (I assume you mean his immature tweets, and other arsine comments) one can NOT expect the GOP from NOT wanting to implement a conservative agenda.   

And inversely one should NOT expect people NOT in the GOP to quietly accept the implementation of said agenda. I recall quite clearly your own posted statements that those in the opposing party to that which is in power "were voted into office to resist the President". You said this a number of times as a justification for the Republican obstruction of Obama.

Yes, by "nonsense" (a word I used simply as a play on what Ham originally posted) I was referring to Trump's tweets and asinine public comments. But I also include his ineptitude when dealing with the Russian investigation, his constant need for self-glorification, his blatant nepotism, his ever-mounting conflicts of interest re: his business affairs intersecting with state affairs, his egregious waste of taxpayer dollars on excessive trips to his golf clubs and other resorts, his appointment of unqualified personnel in most positions, his failure to even nominate a vast number of positions still vacant, and his antagonistic relationship with the news media. All of that is his "nonsense", and it is not simply partisan complaining, but actual deficiencies in the man holding office. 

• Like 5

And inversely one should NOT expect people NOT in the GOP to quietly accept the implementation of said agenda. I recall quite clearly your own posted statements that those in the opposing party to that which is in power "were voted into office to resist the President". You said this a number of times as a justification for the Republican obstruction of Obama.

Yes, by "nonsense" (a word I used simply as a play on what Ham originally posted) I was referring to Trump's tweets and asinine public comments. But I also include his ineptitude when dealing with the Russian investigation, his constant need for self-glorification, his blatant nepotism, his ever-mounting conflicts of interest re: his business affairs intersecting with state affairs, his egregious waste of taxpayer dollars on excessive trips to his golf clubs and other resorts, his appointment of unqualified personnel in most positions, his failure to even nominate a vast number of positions still vacant, and his antagonistic relationship with the news media. All of that is his "nonsense", and it is not simply partisan complaining, but actual deficiencies in the man holding office. 

Yes, of course those opposed to the party in power will do a lot of things to try to slow down the implementation of the agenda of the party in power.   I don't view things like protesting,  holding rallies,  going to town halls,  speaking on media talk shows as 'nonsense'. I'm only opposed to the use of violence or protests that block the movement of individuals for an unreasonable amount of time

As for your list of Trump nonsense;  Yea, I agree with what is listed here as 'nonsense' (really way worse than that).   Trump is clearly unsuited to be President,  but that should have been known by most voters prior to election day.

• Like 1

Yes, of course those opposed to the party in power will do a lot of things to try to slow down the implementation of the agenda of the party in power.   I don't view things like protesting,  holding rallies,  going to town halls,  speaking on media talk shows as 'nonsense'. I'm only opposed to the use of violence or protests that block the movement of individuals for an unreasonable amount of time

As for your list of Trump nonsense;  Yea, I agree with what is listed here as 'nonsense' (really way worse than that).   Trump is clearly unsuited to be President,  but that should have been known by most voters prior to election day.

I hope no one interprets any of my comments as saying I condone or approve of the use of violence, either, because I do not.

But for once I agree with a comment that Jake made, and that is that today's events are not terribly surprising. Given our hostile political environment, it was bound to happen. The right match hitting the right nutjob fuse, unfortunately.

• Like 2

Seems this shooting has woke some people up, we need to end this anti - Trump nonsense. Guess the left will turn a deaf ear for a call for unity on Capital Hill.

With Republicans in Congress working against the American people in secret and taking away people's Health Care-- I don't think you understand how serious this is to some people. People are talking about they may be dying if they lose their health care because some people have very serious conditions that need to be treated immediately and on a daily basis.

And you can forget about the left or the right - - a great many of these people who will lose their Healthcare will be people who actually voted for Donald Trump and who are in Dire Straits.

I think it's very difficult for so many Americans to realize that we are paying for the health care and benefits of the Republicans in Congress when they don't give a damn about the health of the American people, which of course this includes veterans.

As far as anti-trump nonsense-- the only person doing nonsense is Trump himself. We're all Americans and we all have a right to our freedom of speech and I can say quite honestly that no one will ever silence protest and patriotic criticism of the American government.

We've gotten this far as we have through in my lifetime in the civil rights movement and the Vietnam war protest through freedom of speech and that's what America is all about.

The only nonsense I'm seeing is from a racist, bigoted, hateful, ignorant, selfish man who does not want to represent all the American people or to take the presidency seriously. He's used the presidency to prop up his family's business and to empower and enrich his family in a nepotism manner.

You want to talk about stopping nonsense - - what about the nonsense of all these hate crimes that have been occurring because of the hate spewed by Donald Trump. You haven't said anything about that. Trump set this climate of hatred and bigotry against ordinary Americans. Ordinary Americans are black people, Mexican-Americans, a Mexican-American judge, women, anybody in the left or right, Muslim Americans, a Gold Star family, television reporters, a beauty queen-- Why don't you talk about that? A majority of Trump Supporters think it's alright to beat up reporters like what happened in Montana.

Trump has spewed his hatred and evil words on just about every group of people in the United States, which includes Republicans like Paul Ryan and John McCain, saying he was not a war hero because he was a POW.

Trump is the cause of all of this internecine hatred and violence. He even started encouraging his supporters to beat up protesters up in his rallies.

Teachers are even seeing children in public school using Trump's words and bullying other children, particularly minority children.

The American people deserve better and you know it and I know it.

• Like 1

With Republicans in Congress working against the American people in secret and taking away people's Health Care-- I don't think you understand how serious this is to some people. People are talking about they may be dying if they lose their health care because some people have very serious conditions that need to be treated immediately and on a daily basis.

And you can forget about the left or the right - - a great many of these people who will lose their Healthcare will be people who actually voted for Donald Trump and who are in Dire Straits.

I think it's very difficult for so many Americans to realize that we are paying for the health care and benefits of the Republicans in Congress when they don't give a damn about the health of the American people, which of course this includes veterans.

As far as anti-trump nonsense-- the only person doing nonsense is Trump himself. We're all Americans and we all have a right to our freedom of speech and I can say quite honestly that no one will ever silence protest and patriotic criticism of the American government.

We've gotten this far as we have through in my lifetime in the civil rights movement and the Vietnam war protest through freedom of speech and that's what America is all about.

The only nonsense I'm seeing is from a racist, bigoted, hateful, ignorant, selfish man who does not want to represent all the American people or to take the presidency seriously. He's used the presidency to prop up his family's business and to empower and enrich his family in a nepotism manner.

You want to talk about stopping nonsense - - what about the nonsense of all these hate crimes that have been occurring because of the hate spewed by Donald Trump. You haven't said anything about that. Trump set this climate of hatred and bigotry against ordinary Americans. Ordinary Americans are black people, Mexican-Americans, a Mexican-American judge, women, anybody in the left or right, Muslim Americans, a Gold Star family, television reporters, a beauty queen-- Why don't you talk about that? A majority of Trump Supporters think it's alright to beat up reporters like what happened in Montana.

Trump has spewed his hatred and evil words on just about every group of people in the United States, which includes Republicans like Paul Ryan and John McCain, saying he was not a war hero because he was a POW.

Trump is the cause of all of this internecine hatred and violence. He even started encouraging his supporters to beat up protesters up in his rallies.

Teachers are even seeing children in public school using Trump's words and bullying other children, particularly minority children.

The American people deserve better and you know it and I know it.

Clearly you condone the use of violence as long as it is against people you hate.   The American people deserve better and you know it.

Clearly you condone the use of violence as long as it is against people you hate. The American people deserve better and you know it.

Clearly your statement is hateful and a lie.

I don't know why you misconstrue what I say and what I write but that's not my problem.

Clearly your statement is hateful and a lie.

I don't know why you misconstrue what I say and what I write but that's not my problem.

Quote: The only nonsense I'm seeing is from a racist, bigoted, hateful, ignorant, selfish man who does not want to represent all the American people or to take the presidency seriously. He's used the presidency to prop up his family's business and to empower and enrich his family in a nepotism manner.

I don't see anywhere in your post where you say the shooting at that baseball game was wrong.  Instead I see 'the only nonsense,,,' as well as excuses for why someone would react as this shooter reacted because of Trump.     Then you site examples of where Trump supporters have done things that are unacceptable but again,  NOT where any NON-Trump supporters have. 

Oh, and my POV wasn't hateful or a lie towards you.   It was just an interpretation of what you posted.  

Day 145

" The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people,

The very first objective should be to keep that right;

And were it left to me to decide

whether we should have a government without newspapers or

Newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."

Thomas Jefferson, January 16th, 1787

A letter from Paris to Edward Carrington, a Continental Congress Delegate

Master Tom had a very narrow view of who constituted the people.

Day 146

"The only security of all is in a free press.

The force of public opinion cannot be resisted, when permitted freely to be expressed.

The agitation it produces must be submitted to.

It is necessary to keep the waters pure."

Thomas Jefferson - - November 4th 1823

A letter to the Marquis de Lafayette

45]uvXc_cII_bigger.jpgZeke MillerVerified account @ZekeJMiller

More

Inbox: Bizarre statement from DAG Rosenstein

DCZ-zRLXgAATdt0.jpg

Day 147

" No government ought to be without censors, and where the Press is free, no one ever will.

If virtuous, it need not fear the fair operation of attack and defense.

Nature has given to man no other means of sifting out the truth, whether in religion, law or politics.

I think it as Honorable to the government neither to know, nor to notice its sycophants or censors, as it would be undignified and Criminal to pamper the former and persecute the latter."

Thomas Jefferson, September 9, 1792

A letter to George Washington

• Like 1

Day 147

" No government ought to be without censors, and where the Press is free, no one ever will.

Nature has given to man no other means of sifting out the truth, whether in religion, law or politics.

I think it as Honorable to the government neither to know, nor to notice its sycophants or censors, as it would be undignified and Criminal to pamper the former and persecute the latter."

Now, PRINCESS, you KNOW that there will be "righties" who'll read that and say something about, "Well, that was 200 YEARS ago.  Things have CHANGED a lot since then!"  As if that means what Jefferson wrote is no longer valid.  But for SOME reason , a 200 year old SECOND AMENDMENT hasn't become "dated".

Go figure......

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Now, PRINCESS, you KNOW that there will be "righties" who'll read that and say something about, "Well, that was 200 YEARS ago.  Things have CHANGED a lot since then!"  As if that means what Jefferson wrote is no longer valid.  But for SOME reason , a 200 year old SECOND AMENDMENT hasn't become "dated".

Go figure......

Sepiatone

but in all fairness, the press of their time was not a horde of celebrity-fixated doofuses but very responsible practitioners of journalism.

:)

but in all fairness, the press of their time was not a horde of celebrity-fixated doofuses but very responsible practitioners of journalism.

:)

EXACTLY! No Fox News, Breitbart or any other Fake News sources.

Day 146

"The only security of all is in a free press.

The force of public opinion cannot be resisted, when permitted freely to be expressed.

The agitation it produces must be submitted to.

It is necessary to keep the waters pure."

Thomas Jefferson - - November 4th 1823

A letter to the Marquis de Lafayette

Day 147

Day 149

" It is certain, in any case, that Ignorance, allied with Power, is the most ferocious Enemy that Justice can have."

James Baldwin

Writer, Rosenwald and Guggenheim Fellow

Commander of the Legion of Honor, 1986

• Like 1