Princess of Tap

AMERICA HELD HOSTAGE BY trump/ THESE ARE THE TIMES THAT TRY MEN'S SOULS

508 posts in this topic

On November 17, 2017 at 1:05 PM, cigarjoe said:
  9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Ronald Brownstein Retweeted Jonathan Cohn

It seems increasingly clear that Trump's job is to incite an endless succession of personal & cultural feuds to draw the spotlight while exec agencies & GOP Congress advance an undiluted agenda of tax cuts for top, deregulation for business & spending cuts for lower income

It's called Bait & Switch

His adoring base are lapping this up and still believe that he is draining the establishment swamp and ridding Washington of establishment politicians who were beholden to big business and lobbyists.  They like the fact that the government is being run by rich and successful businessmen.  They fail to see that Tump is replacing establishment agency types with lobbyists and rich businessmen who are bent on removing all the safeguards that protected the general public and consumers from people just like them.  No third party swamp now.  Just a bigger, thicker swamp the sole interest being the betterment of the extremely rich and much less support for the middle and lower classes.  The foxes are in complete control of the hen houses.  So, keep on encouraging your base to have a chip on their shoulder Donald Trump.  They are as gullible as can be.

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

I decided to go into politics after reading how RFK went into Indianapolis against the advice of police after MLK Jr was assassinated. Bobby bent history that night and the city went to sleep in peace. #RFKBDay

DPF6v_KUQAAxCgf.jpg

DAY 306

The police refused to go into this predominantly black area with Bobby at that time. The residents did not know about the assassination of  Rev Martin Luther King jr. And Bobby had to inform them.

He went in there just with a few personal aides-- one of which was his press secretary,

Frank Mankiewicz.

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

His adoring base are lapping this up and still believe that he is draining the establishment swamp and ridding Washington of establishment politicians who were beholden to big business and lobbyists.  They like the fact that the government is being run by rich and successful businessmen.  They fail to see that Tump is replacing establishment agency types with lobbyists and rich businessmen who are bent on removing all the safeguards that protected the general public and consumers from people just like them.  No third party swamp now.  Just a bigger, thicker swamp the sole interest being the betterment of the extremely rich and much less support for the middle and lower classes.  The foxes are in complete control of the hen houses.  So, keep on encouraging your base to have a chip on their shoulder Donald Trump.  They are as gullible as can be.

8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

The MSM is also 'lapping this up'  (this being the mostly irrelevant discussions related to Trump that have nothing to do with policy).

E.g.  CNN:   Tonight they have a program all about Trump and his Tweets.    Their viewers would be better served by a program about the GOP tax plan.   

Yesterday CNN spent way too much time on the Trump \ Ball feud.     The sexual harassment tidal way is also overshadowing policy issues that have a much, much larger impact on most people's everyday lives. 

All of this non policy coverage is what the GOP wants.   CNN took the bait and they are choking on it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The MSM is also 'lapping this up'  (this being the mostly irrelevant discussions related to Trump that have nothing to do with policy).

E.g.  CNN:   Tonight they have a program all about Trump and his Tweets.    Their viewers would be better served by a program about the GOP tax plan.   

Yesterday CNN spent way too much time on the Trump \ Ball feud.     The sexual harassment title way is also overshadowing policy issues that have a much, much larger impact on most people's everyday lives. 

All of this non policy coverage is what the GOP wants.   CNN took the bait and they are choking on it.

Yes, while a certain amount of attention should be on Trump as an idiot he is getting away with things as a result.  As one pundit said, these childish antics and make America white again stunts are Trump telling his audience to look at the shiny object in his left hand while his right hand is stealing you blind (with his rich man's policies).

16 hours ago, jakeem said:

I decided to go into politics after reading how RFK went into Indianapolis against the advice of police after MLK Jr was assassinated. Bobby bent history that night and the city went to sleep in peace. #RFKBDay

DPF6v_KUQAAxCgf.jpg

DAY 305

November 20, 1925

Robert F Kennedy was born in Brookline Massachusetts.

DAY 307

" The  president (trump) has empowered and encouraged extremist groups, 

Fueling the Myth of white discrimination.

Angry Mobs and  individuals now feel Justified,

like no time since Jim Crow,

in acting on their racist beliefs.

Jennifer Rubin

Lawyer, Journalist

Source: The Washington Post

33 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Michael BeschlossVerified account @BeschlossDC 7h7 hours ago

These are JFK’s last words, written for end of speech he planned to give at Austin, Texas, banquet tonight 1963:

November 22nd 1963

DPRiVA2WAAA4jUv.jpg

DAY 308--  November 23rd 2017

John F Kennedy was the 35th President of the United States of America.

Kennedy was assassinated on November 22nd, 1963.

DAY 309

"  We Can Deny Our Heritage and our History

But We Cannot Escape Responsibility for the Result...

We Proclaim ourselves... The Defenders of Freedom,

Wherever it continues to exist in the world,

But We Cannot Defend Freedom Abroad

By Deserting It At Home. "

Edward R Murrow

The Legendary Pioneering Broadcast Journalist Who brought Down Senator Joseph McCarthy by way of Broadcast Journalism

On 11/24/2017 at 1:34 AM, Princess of Tap said:

DAYS 309--310

"  We Can Deny Our Heritage and our History

But We Cannot Escape Responsibility for the Result...

We Proclaim ourselves... The Defenders of Freedom,

Wherever it continues to exist in the world,

But We Cannot Defend Freedom Abroad

By Deserting It At Home. "

Edward R Murrow

The Legendary Pioneering Broadcast Journalist Who brought Down Senator Joseph McCarthy by way of Broadcast Journalism

Re:  On 11/23/2017 at 1:13 AM, mr6666 said:

Michael BeschlossVerified account @BeschlossDC 7h7 hours ago

These are JFK’s last words, written for end of speech he planned to give at Austin, Texas, banquet tonight 1963:

November 22nd 1963

Actually...

President John F. Kennedy's last words before his assassination in Dallas, Texas, were, "That is very obvious." He spoke the phrase to Nellie Connolly, the wife of Texas Governor John Connolly. She had remarked to him, “Mr. President, you can't say Dallas doesn't love you!”

• Thanks 1

DAYS 311--312

"  I was lying in my room

And the news came on TV

A lotta people out there hurtin'

And it really scares me

Love and Mercy, that's what you need tonight

Love and Mercy to you and your friends tonight "

Brian Wilson, 2007 Recipient, The John F Kennedy Performing Arts Center Honors

Co-founder, Leader, Composer, Producer, Musical Arranger, Co-Lead Singer for

America's Greatest Rock 'n Roll Group:

The Beach Boys-- More than 100 Million Records Sold Worldwide

The Beach Boys,  1988 Inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

8 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

DAYS 311--312

"  I was lying in my room

And the news came on TV

A lotta people out there hurtin'

And it really scares me

Love and Mercy, that's what you need tonight

Love and Mercy to you and your friends tonight "

Brian Wilson, 2007 Recipient, The John F Kennedy Performing Arts Center Honors

Co-founder, Leader, Composer, Producer, Musical Arranger, Co-Lead Singer for

America's Greatest Rock 'n Roll Group:

The Beach Boys-- More than 100 Million Records Sold Worldwide

The Beach Boys,  1988 Inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

but here's the age-old problem with that whole love and mercy thing, Princess of Tap...it's always on the liberal's terms without any discussion or give and take from those they have been labeling ignorant deplorable bigots for decades. love and mercy but always on their terms....

so when has the left ever approached those they have significant ideological and moral disagreements with and said hey, let us reason together and arrive at mutually agreed terms for both our sides?...

hey....we got tired of waiting. it's our show now!

Image result for mighty trump

• Haha 1

DAYS 313--315

"  It may be that trump's Fitness to Serve as President IS Our Nation's Core National Security Issue."

David Rothkopf, " The Greatest Threat Facing the United States Is Its Own President ", The Washington Post

Rothkopf is author of "The Great Questions of Tomorrow " and

A Visiting Professor at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs

DAY 316

"  How long are we going to Pretend that President trump is fully rational? 

How long are we going to ignore the signs that he's Dangerously Out-Of-Control?  "

" trump's Problem Is Serious--and GettingWorse "

by Eugene Robinson, The Washington Post, November 30th 2017

Mr. Robinson is a Pulitzer prize-winning Journalist.

• Haha 1

DAYS 317--318

" But Justice roll down like Waters

And Righteousness like an Ever-Flowing Stream. "

James Comey, The 7th  Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation

Source:  Amos 5:24, The Bible

DAY 319

"  I only regret

that I have but one life

to lose for my country. "

Nathan Hale, American Patriot

Martyr for American Democracy, September 22nd 1776

Continental Army Intelligence Officer

Yale Graduate with Highest Honors, 1773

The State Hero of Connecticut

Hey Princess, can't you edit these post after you 'copy\paste' them to remove all the spaces?   It would make them easier to read.

Thanks

7 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Hey Princess, can't you edit these post after you 'copy\paste' them to remove all the spaces?   It would make them easier to read.

Thanks

I personally type every word.

I learned to type in high school on manual typewriters.

I love typing.

DAYS 320--322

" The Hottest Places in Hell

Are Reserved for Those

Who In Times of MORAL CRISIS

Preserve Their NEUTRALITY. "

John F Kennedy's Favorite Quote:

An Interpretation from the Third Canto of Dante's Inferno from The Divine Comedy

Dante Alighieri

Late Middle Ages Italian poet

" The Father of the Italian Language "

DAY 323

(" I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing...

As opposed to those who are just spending every darn penny they have,

whether it's on booze, or women or movies. " Senator Chuck Grassley, Rep- Iowa)

###

"  When the time comes, and I hope it comes soon, to bury this era of moral rot, and the defiling of our communal social and democratic norms,

The perfect epitaph for the gravestone of this age of unreason should be Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley's already Infamous Quote....

( see above)

Grassley's comments open a  window to the soul of the current national Republican Party and it is not pretty....

This is an unadulterated cynicism and a version of top-down Class Warfare run amok. "

Dan Rather

DAY 324

(" I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing...

###

"  When the time comes, and I hope it comes soon, to bury this era of moral rot, and the defiling of our communal social and democratic norms,

The perfect epitaph for the gravestone of this age of unreason should be Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley's already Infamous Quote....

( see above)

Grassley's comments open a  window to the soul of the current national Republican Party and it is not pretty....

This is an unadulterated cynicism and a version of top-down Class Warfare run amok. "

Dan Rather

DAY 325

###

( see above)

Dan Rather