*Lizabeth Scott in The Racket*

lizabethscott14theracket.jpg

*Scott with Van Heflin in The Strange Love of Martha Ivers*

lizabethscott8.jpg

*Scott with Bogie*

lizabethscott18.jpg

*Scott with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas in Desert Fury*

lizabethscott15.jpg

Miss Goddess - I think that alot of men would like to be incarcerated in that jail. Thank You for all the wonderful noir picture and the hard work that you have don. Everyone here owes you a debt of gratitude.

Miss G - Jan Sterling pics thank you ! WOW !!

Miss G - You sure know how to please a man. Nothing nasty intended !

Miss Gun For Hire -- Frank, I hope you feel tip-top again soon---if all else fails, homemade chicken soup with tons of garlic does the job. Or maybe this picture of Gene Tierney from Leave Her to Heaven will:

Thanks for the "chicken soup." I was actually feeling much better yesterday. For, you see, my Monday sickness was due to a severe case of Miss G withdrawal. I take pills for the weekend, but I don't have a thing to fight off Mondays.

You've posted some excellent photos today. Believe it or not, I loved getting to see Esther Howard. She's too much. I also love the Raymond Burr pics. Dazzling shots of Liz Scott and Jan Sterling.

And, uh, that Gene gal is quite striking. I may have to do some research on her.

>>>Thanks for the "chicken soup." I was actually feeling much better yesterday. For, you see, my Monday sickness was due to a severe case of Miss G withdrawal. I take pills for the weekend, but I don't have a thing to fight off Mondays.<<<

Oh, flatterer! But it's nice to be missed! :)

I am starting to explore pictures of the supporting or lesser known noir actors and movies; that way I don't run dry (yet).

.....Scott with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas in Desert Fury....

I can't recall Kirk Douglas in "Desert Fury". Which part did he play (mind you, it has been a while since I last watched that movie).

Are there any plans to release this on DVD? It is still not available on this format, to the best of my knowledge.

OK, fellow noir aficianados, bear with me while I indulge myself in some Ryanesque picture postings---as in Robert Ryanesque. He is *mi amoroso* in Dark City, maybe even more so than Robert Mitchum (gasp!). Ken, simmer down, I'll post more dames later---and at least he was of Irish descent. ;)

In the Dark City, only Lawrence Tierney was tougher---though never half so smart and almost never sympatico.

Ryan is mean as can be to Sam Levene in *Crossfire*

RyaninCrossifre.jpg

Not even Big Bad Bob Mitchum can convince Ryan he's wrong, in *Crossfire*

crossfire.jpg

Ryan takes a beating but wins his self-respect, in *The Set-Up*

robertryan1.jpg

Ryan shows his softer side to Marilyn....or does he? *Clash by Night*

rryan-clashbynightwBabs.jpg

Ryan manhandles Stanwyck...and boy does she like it (so would I!)

clashbynight3.jpg

clashbynight2.jpg

Although James Stewart is #1 in my book, Robert Ryan is coming on fast to pass Robert Mitchum as #2. Keep posting.

Normandie---thank you so much for your contribution of the still from *Brute Force* . Who knew sweet little Hume Cronyn could be such a tough hombre?

I haven't seen *Desert Fury* since I don't remember when and like you, I blanked out Kirk Douglas' part so he may have just been turning in a supporting role. What I remember are Lancaster and Mary Astor (and the beautiful colors). I hope it gets some kind of release or airing because it's been M.I.A. for a long time now.

Chio---Ryan keeps me coming on and coming on. I am working up an idea for a thread devoted to him, but I'm not sure if I'll put it here or in Favorites.

Robert Ryan and Joan Bennett from *Woman on the Beach*

It has its flaws, but I believe this movie provides a marvelous showcase for Ryan's exquisite ability to show the troubled humanity struggling underneath the tough facade.

WomanontheBeach.jpg

Another clinch with Barbara Stanwyck from *Clash By Night*

clashbynight.jpg

Seeking comfort, Ryan shows a momentary weakness with actress Shelly Winters in *Odds Against Tomorrow*

oddsagainsttomorrow.jpg

With the wonderful Myrna Loy in one of his most charismatic roles, as the super cynical newspaper editor in *Lonleyhearts*

lonleyhearts.jpg

Miss G -- Spectacular Ryan pics. I'm very much enjoying your presentation... and quips. As always, you have impeccable taste.

Character actors are more than welcome with me, too.

ChiO -- I think we are on the same wavelength right now. I have Robert Ryan ranked 4th on my all-time actor list, trailing Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, and Robert Mitchum. Every time I'm convinced that Ryan has passed Mitchum for me, I watch a Mitchum film and realize why I like him so much. His animal magneticism is even too much for this straight fella. I do believe Ryan is a better actor than Mitch, though. Ryan captivates me.

Normandie -- I was wondering when you'd slide over to the noir forum. It's great to see you here.