Sign in to follow this  
Potocky

Blackmail (Silent version)

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a good source for the silent version of Blackmail?  TCM showed it a while back so I know they have a copy.

This would be a good film to receive the Criterion treatment: Both versions on the same disk with a feature comparing the two.

• Like 5

I don't think it's been released to the home market, yet. A couple years ago, there was The Hitchcock 9 film festival here in San Francisco, and I was able to see most of the films. It travels around the U.S. and England. They're probably trying to generate interest with a Hitchcock 9 tour before creating a home release DVD set. 

Sometimes, Silent Film festivals will show case Blackmail.

• Like 2

I don't think it's been released to the home market, yet. A couple years ago, there was The Hitchcock 9 film festival here in San Francisco, and I was able to see most of the films. It travels around the U.S. and England. They're probably trying to generate interest with a Hitchcock 9 tour before creating a home release DVD set. 

Sometimes, Silent Film festivals will show case Blackmail.

It is the first time for me to know about such a "Silent Film festivals " thank you very much for the information 

• Like 1

Does anyone know of a good source for the silent version of Blackmail?  TCM showed it a while back so I know they have a copy.

This would be a good film to receive the Criterion treatment: Both versions on the same disk with a feature comparing the two.

I had the very same thought several years ago, and actually wrote to Criterion and suggested a 'Blackmail' release, with both versions of the film included. I never got a response, and of course am still waiting for that Criterion release.

• Like 2