Sign in to follow this  
Bob shultz

Unable to hear audio in Canvas app

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone else encountered a non-audio playback issue on the Canvas app? Is there an alternate account (perhaps via Vimeo) that a registered person to this course can use?

• Like 1

Sometimes the video doesn't load so I close the APP and reopen it and works. If it still doesn't load, I use my laptop. Sorry, not a good solution but it works.

• Like 1

I sometimes have a problem where the entire video suddenly freezes and I have a really hard time getting it started again.This happens both with the daily doses and the video lectures. I've tried shutting it down and reopening it, but that doesn't always work. Yesterday I had to watch daily dose of The 39 Steps by watching the movie on YouTube. Today I had no problem at all. If anyone has a solution, I'd love to hear it. This is the 3rd online class I've taken with TCM/Canvas and I've never had a problem like this in the past.

• Like 1

I've been having some problems with the video lectures: The sound works just fine, the the video stops and starts. I contacted Dr. Edwards via the e-mail service on Canvas, and he told me that no one else has mentioned it.

Maybe if everyone who was having problems with the video lectures and/or the Daily Doses would contact Dr. Edwards via Canvas, the problem could be fixed.

Dr. Edwards also mentioned that finding the videos on Vimeo won't be possible for this Hitchcock course because of copyright issues. So the only option is seeing the videos via Canvas.

Dr. Edwards also mentioned that finding the videos on Vimeo won't be possible for this Hitchcock course because of copyright issues. So the only option is seeing the videos via Canvas.

Strange. I would have thought that the clips were short enough that they would fall under fair use. Furthermore, if the clips are non-downloadable, I don't see how providing access to a Vimeo page is worse, copyright-wise, than providing access via Canvas.

Strange. I would have thought that the clips were short enough that they would fall under fair use. Furthermore, if the clips are non-downloadable, I don't see how providing access to a Vimeo page is worse, copyright-wise, than providing access via Canvas.

You'll have to take copyright issues up with Dr. Edwards. I just relayed what was mentioned to me via Canvas mail. But I can see why Dr. Gehring and Dr. Edwards wouldn't make their video chats available to the broader Internet. They should be able to copyright their own video and course content.