Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

Inside Putin's Russia...

132 posts in this topic

The eclipse 3 weeks from now should keep the media preoccupied for a day but may interpret it as the beginning of the apocalypse. :wacko:

So all of a sudden America - - the Leader of the Free World--this great Sovereign Nation-- is a colony of Despotic Russia, that we have to care what the Russians think?

We should be more concerned with what our traditional allies think.

And you won't know that by watching RT= Pravda Television.

The Russian sanctions have been met with threats of retaliation not just from Russia but from the European Union, which is apoplectic that the U.S. is threatening to undo its regional energy policy.

The bill has the enthusiastic backing of Democrats, who are looking to punish Russia for its election interference.

The sanctions may be a symbolic move for Congress, but they are very real to Europeans who do business with neighboring Russia. On Sunday, the European Union indicated that they would retaliate against additional sanctions on Russia, fearful that they would impact energy companies. A memo obtained from Brussels by the Financial Times said that the EU should “stand ready to act within days” if the bill was “adopted without EU concerns taken into account.”

Even the French government — which has allegedly faced its own election inference by Russia — spoke out against the sanctions. The French Foreign Ministry on Wednesday said the sanctions appeared to violate international law, and that the European Union would have to respond due to the impact on firms.

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/27/with-the-european-union-livid-congress-pushes-forward-on-sanctions-against-russia-iran-and-north-korea/

russia_wants_war_look_how_closely_they_p

Russians should have nothing to fear from the west?  How many times they have been invaded during the past 130 years?

I doubt that 75% of media coverage is devoted to Russia. Media

Research Center is a conservative outfit, so I wouldn't take their

word for it. 

Russia was last invaded in 1941 by Germany. I doubt they are

planning to do it again. 

Russians should have nothing to fear from the west?  How many times they have been invaded during the past 130 years?

One area I agree with Putin on is that there should be NO NATO nations that have a direct border with Russia.   NONE. 

These nations should serve as buffer states between NATO and Russia.    Having buffer states tends to 'buffer' potential conflict.    Typically conflicts escalate more quickly when nations border each other;  E.g. Pakistan and India.  

• Like 1

There is actually a disconnect between the WSJ shot graph and the

MRC analysis. The latter is talking about coverage of Trump, not

the total number of minutes spent on the coverage of all stories.

Why the shot graph has it titled media coverage I'm not sure.

Maybe a bit of bait and switch. If one presumes each three network

newscasts last 23 minutes and the study was done over a five

week period, that equals 1725 minutes of news. With 353 minutes

devoted to Russia/Comey Investigation, that equals 20% of all

stories being about Russia/Comey Investigation, not 75%.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2017/06/27/study-tv-news-obsessed-trump-russia-probe

Is Russia a real threat to the West?   With the new US sanctions Russia is officially a top US enemy. But does Moscow deserve this title?

"....Russia will not be a real threat to the West as long as all of its institutions (including military and intelligence) are corrupt to the core, as long as their employees are buying villas in Biarritz and sending their children to British and US universities, and as long as its economy depends on its oil and gas being sold to Europe.

Actually, Russia gets to understand the extent of its dependence on the West very soon, when Trump signs Congress' bill into law and the new sanctions hit Russian energy companies and their projects in Europe. It is quite ironic that Trump is in a way forced to sign this bill very much because of the growing accusations of collusion with Russia.

By forcing the West to believe that it constitutes a real threat, Russia, in the end, might face a very real response. And that the Kremlin will not enjoy."

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2017/07/russia-sanctions-united-states-170729121726556.html

:unsure:

One area I agree with Putin on is that there should be NO NATO nations that have a direct border with Russia.   NONE. 

These nations should serve as buffer states between NATO and Russia.    Having buffer states tends to 'buffer' potential conflict.    Typically conflicts escalate more quickly when nations border each other;  E.g. Pakistan and India.  

The former Soviet Union viewed the Warsaw Pact countries exactly that way, a buffer zone.

europe19550921-Warsaw-Pact.png

The New York TimesVerified account @nytimes 11h11 hours ago

Russians Brave Icy Temperatures to Protest Putin and Election

“What we are being offered right now are not elections, and we must not participate in them,” Yevgeny Roizman, the mayor of the central Russian city of Yekaterinburg and a rare elected official from an opposition party, told a crowd of hundreds that had gathered in protest.

The protests in scores of cities — from Vladivostok in the east to Kaliningrad in the west — were called by Aleksei A. Navalny, the charismatic, anticorruption opposition leader, after he was barred from running for the presidency because of legal problems that he said had been manufactured to prevent his candidacy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/world/europe/russia-protests-navalny.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

• Like 1

John McCain Hits Out At Vladimir Putin's 'Dictatorship' and 'Sham Election'

“Inspiring to watch the Russian people stand up for their rights despite the odds. ‪#Putin’s dictatorship can run a sham election, but it can’t silence the Russian people. ‪#RussiaWillBeFree,” McCain wrote, sharing a New York Times article about protests against Putin and the election. .....

http://www.newsweek.com/john-mccain-vladimir-putin-donald-trump-russia-793347?utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

The New York TimesVerified account @nytimes 11h11 hours ago

Russians Brave Icy Temperatures to Protest Putin and Election

“What we are being offered right now are not elections, and we must not participate in them,” Yevgeny Roizman, the mayor of the central Russian city of Yekaterinburg and a rare elected official from an opposition party, told a crowd of hundreds that had gathered in protest.

The protests in scores of cities — from Vladivostok in the east to Kaliningrad in the west — were called by Aleksei A. Navalny, the charismatic, anticorruption opposition leader, after he was barred from running for the presidency because of legal problems that he said had been manufactured to prevent his candidacy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/world/europe/russia-protests-navalny.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

While it's good for the people to protest their dictator and his cronyism, I'm not much a fan of Navalny nor his party much. I hope the best for them though in their fight against Putin.

I wonder if Johnny boy will criticize el-Sisi and his upcoming

sham election. I'm guessing not.

US intel chiefs unanimous that Russia is targeting 2018 elections

"Coats and the other top national security officials told the Senate Intelligence Committee that they still view Moscow as a threat to the 2018 elections, a stance that appears at odds with President Donald Trump's repeated dismissals of Russian election meddling.

"We expect Russia to continue using propaganda, social media, false-flag personas, sympathetic spokesmen and other means to influence, to try to build on its wide range of operations and exacerbate social and political fissures in the United States," Coats said at a hearing on worldwide threats.
"There should be no doubt that Russia perceives its past efforts as successful and views the 2018 US midterm elections as a potential target for Russian influence operations."...

• Sad 1

Just heard a Special Report on TV, 17 (I think) Russians were arrested for their involvement with the 2016 elections.  At the present, can't find anything on the internet, maybe later today.

30 minutes ago, jakeem said:

BREAKING: Special counsel's office charges 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities with interfering in US political process.

28 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Rex Huppke Retweeted The Associated Press

Craziest darn hoax I ever did see.

That's because it's not now a hoax, nor has it ever been a hoax.

Let the chips fall where they may.

The Associated PressVerified account @AP 4h4 hours ago

BREAKING: Special counsel's office charges 13 Russian nationals, 3 Russian entities with interfering in US political process.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Greg SargentVerified account @ThePlumLineGS 4h4 hours ago

Jesus. Mueller's indictment says the accused Russians tried to suppress minority turnout:

DWLPgoCX4AA7b1I.jpg

7 hours ago, mr6666 said:

The Associated PressVerified account @AP 4h4 hours ago

--------------------------------------------------------------

Greg SargentVerified account @ThePlumLineGS 4h4 hours ago

Jesus. Mueller's indictment says the accused Russians tried to suppress minority turnout:

DWLPgoCX4AA7b1I.jpg

Those are correct though. Jill Stein was the peace vote and Hillary would have continued bombing Muslim civilians like Obama and Bush did. 

Russian Olympian Who Wore ‘I Don’t Do Doping’ Shirt Fails Doping Test

....The International Olympic Committee banned Russia from the 2018 Winter Games over its state-backed doping program, but allowed a group of athletes to compete under the Olympic flag. 

The IOC said it considered lifting the suspension for Sunday’s closing ceremony so OAR athletes could march under the Russian flag. In the end, however, the committee decided to keep the ban in place because of the two failed drug tests

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/russian-olympian-i-dont-do-doping-shirt_us_5a93dd32e4b03b55731dd435?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

-can't these guys do ANYthing w/o cheating?!

:rolleyes:-_-

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Russian Olympian Who Wore ‘I Don’t Do Doping’ Shirt Fails Doping Test

....The International Olympic Committee banned Russia from the 2018 Winter Games over its state-backed doping program, but allowed a group of athletes to compete under the Olympic flag. 

The IOC said it considered lifting the suspension for Sunday’s closing ceremony so OAR athletes could march under the Russian flag. In the end, however, the committee decided to keep the ban in place because of the two failed drug tests

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/russian-olympian-i-dont-do-doping-shirt_us_5a93dd32e4b03b55731dd435?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

-can't these guys do ANYthing w/o cheating?!

:rolleyes:-_-

The HillVerified account @thehill

Russians hacked Olympic computers, attempted to plant blame on North Korea: report http://hill.cm/FHN0O8m 

DW7Uc9UVoAAbhbm.jpg