Sign in to follow this  
hlywdkjk

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

5,165 posts in this topic

During my online years, I have collected alot of nice images of film posters and thought I'd start sharing them in this thread. I hope you all enjoy them.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Oct 13, 2009 8:57 AM

Thanks for the encouragement 'Miss Goddess' and 'patful'. I am going to fill out the next few days in honor of Halloween but will then begin sharing some of the more eclectic pieces. The Vertigo piece is one of the most "unique" but I don't have many like that. Most are just nice scans of the original poster art. And in many cases, I have had to shrink and compress the files for posting in here. Some of the files are of a printable 8x10 quality.

I think I have enough for one-a-day for an entire year.

Kyle In Hollywood

Thanks, Kyle! Awesome Mummy poster, the color choices are fantastic. Man, I'd love to own a linen-backed one sheet of that one (without having to double-mortgage my house).

Hey, Kylefornia -- I like your thread idea... a lot. I really enjoy looking at posters and lobby cards, so this is right down my alley. Your first selections are exceptional; timely and radiant. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Wow! Kyle, these are stunning! Just beautiful. I especially like The Walking Dead. That style of art and composition is my favorite. Usually I log on here only 2 or 3 times a week, but from now on, when I do, I'll be checking this thread out. I love a lot of the classic movies poster art.

Are these all original? I remember reading a few years ago that 1933's The Mummy is the most valued movie poster of all time. Anyway, they are beautiful.

"Are these all original?" - bOb39

I don't know. I have collected the images from various online sources over the past few years. I do believe that the posters posted so far were all "contemporary" to the original release of the film. (Not sure about The Walking Dead.) But I didn't scan them nor do I own any of the originals.

In an attempt to keep the images "inside" the available space allowed in a Message Board post and not cause the margins to expand so far that one has to scroll left and right to see the image, I have re-sized many of the images to a width of 450 pixels. But the "original" file on my harddive is often much larger. The jpeg file for the poster of The Mummy measures 1245 x 1962 pixels which is a width greater than 12 inches. But I see there is still a lot of available space to the right of the poster so I may "re-size" upcoming posters to a larger width for posting in here. But I also don't want the images/files to be so large that the page takes too long to load for those, like myself, who use dial-up connections.

Glad you are enjoying them.

Kyle In Hollywood

Kyle, THANK YOU for re-sizing these to fit the thread!!!!

I hate it when the margins are stretched and one has to scroll back and forth to read the replies. Most of the time when that happens, I just look at the photos and skim the responses.

thanks for sharing these posters. good thread.

Sandy K

Kyle,

I believe your November 2 post of "The Thief of Bagdad" uses the original art from a children's book version of the same story; I think it's either by Arthur Rackham or Charles and/or William Heath Robinson, but I can't find my art book to confirm.

Love the cowboy posters, actually more than I like the movies they were promoting!

"I believe (snip) "The Thief of Bagdad" uses the original art from a children's book version of the same story."

It's possible. I have a second Fairbanks/Thief poster that is dis-similar from the one already posted. At least, it is apparent that it isnt by the same artist at least.

It is surprising that some of the most interesting/attractive artwork I have collected is from early Western films. (And B-grade westerns, at that.)

Kyle In Hollywood

Nice one, thanks again. My impression is that the artist mingled the concepts of "escape" and "entrapment" by making the train station look like a spider's web.