Sign in to follow this  
hlywdkjk

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

5,165 posts in this topic

This was the first drama I ever attended on my own. Before that, I'd always chosen comedies and action-adventure. I never shied away from drama again, and it remains a favorite. Thanks for the memory.

Chief,

Disembodied heads and in the *Horse Feathers* poster, googly eyes! But Harpo and Chico look more like mad scientists with the googly eyes than funny men!

Thank you for another great year of galleries and posters!

Happy New Year!

January 1st, 2011

film_posterJan01b

Original Poster Artwork Canvas

(Click Through On Above Image to Access Larger Versions. Select "Actions" and then Choose "View All Sizes".)

That's such a cool poster, Kyle. Very Russian Revolution propaganda poster-ish.

But the one that really caught my eye is the Streamlined Swing poster. It's gorgeously drawn, and it makes me upset that I didn't see the short, since it was directed by Keaton.

Chief,

On a rare snow day in the City of Angels, what a cool poster!

*"That's such a cool poster, Kyle."* - JackFavell

*"...what a cool poster!"* - lzcutter

I am glad you both like it but it is a bit of a surprise. I thought visitors would be disappointed that I didn't post a Dietrich image today. Shows ya what I know.

*"But the one that really caught my eye is the Streamlined Swing poster."* - JackFavell

If it is any consolation, "Streamlined Swing" is shown on TCM with some regularity. I know I have seen it at least twice myself. If I come across a future showing, I'll be sure and let you know.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Excellent Our gang Posters! Those Pathe posters are beautiful!"* - Scottman

And I have others but those shorts aren't being shown today/tomorrow. I was disappointed that I only had two posters that corresponded to the "Our Gang" line-up.

Kyle In Hollywood

Was Deborah Kerr's hair really that short in the movie? My mind is playing tricks, I guess. And I hadn't realized Delmer Daves had a hand in the script. It does have some of his signature "froth", as I now recall. One of the reasons I love your posters is that we get to re-familiarize ourselves with the credits for films. It's not just about the stars.

P.S. I'd also like to thank you for including pertinent information with your posters. (country of origin, date, etc.) Not everyone is so helpful.

Edited by: DougieB on Jan 5, 2011 12:59 PM

*"One of the reasons I love your posters is that we get to re-familiarize ourselves with the credits for films. It's not just about the stars.*

*P.S. I'd also like to thank you for including pertinent information with your posters. (country of origin, date, etc.) Not everyone is so helpful."* - DougieB

Thanks for letting me know that. I try to include that information if it is available but not all my sources are so detailed. And you can usually assume that any English-language poster without any details (like the poster for *An Affair To Remember* below) are from the U.S. and the original release year of the film.

Kyle In Hollywood

January 7th, 2011

film_posterJan07

(Click Through On Above Image to Access Larger Versions. Select "Actions", then "View All Sizes".)

Man, that is weird.....

The guy on the right sure does look like new Speaker of the House John Boehner!