Sign in to follow this  
hlywdkjk

Kyle In Hollywood's CENSORED Poster Gallery

5,209 posts in this topic

I thought it was very funny that the poster of "what do Men Want" (from nov 25th) does not mention sex, but then I it hit me that the bottle marked "Thrills" must be there representing sex as well as just all of that kind stuff, drinking and whatever else. They don't just mean something like going on roller coasters right?

hee hee?

Addie

NY, NY

Hey, Kylefornia -- I just wanted to let you know that I do check out your thread most every day. It's highly enjoyable. Love the La Dietrich poster.

Hi 'FrankGrimes" -

Thanks for letting me know. I know there are people looking everyday or so. The thread has nearly 1000 views so far, which is a healthy number. Don't think I'll get to the numbers of the Gary Cooper thread thoough. (I also think a few folks have followed the image links to my 'flickr' acct and peeked into the archive for future postings already - the little rascals - so they may not be looking at the thread daily.)

Glad you like the Dietrich. I have a few images that I am holding back on posting that I call the "FrankGrimes" set. I will put them up sporadically - over the coming year!

Kyle In Hollywood

What's up, SoKyle? -- Thanks for letting me know. I know there are people looking everyday or so. The thread has nearly 1000 views so far, which is a healthy number. Don't think I'll get to the numbers of the Gary Cooper thread thoough.

That's because you're not an obsessive board-hoggin' Texas girl. :P

I have a few images that I am holding back on posting that I call the "FrankGrimes" set. I will put them up sporadically - over the coming year!

Really? It must have something to do with fatalism. Maybe I'll stick around for the new year, that is, unless I get "stuck" this year.

Love the thread!

"Maybe I'll stick around for the new year, that is, unless I get "stuck" this year." - FrankGrimes

Were you planning on disappearing in 2008? I hope not.

kjk

I still look in here every day. I just have to quickly hit "View Image" on the latest to keep the other images from loading. Dialup's a pain. Couldn't comment on them because I was too busy with something else.

Were you planning on disappearing in 2008? I hope not.

No, I wasn't planning on it, Kyle. Thank you very much for the "I hope not." That's very kind of you to say. Thanks.

Keep the wonderful posters and thoughtful words coming.

Wednesday December 5th -

A pair of small (sorry!) posters in recognition of this month's William A Wellmann salute

film_poster0143

film_poster0142

Kyle,

As much as I have always loved the movies these posters you are sharing with us, advertised, I never really paid attention to the posters as a group or studied them particularly for themselves before, however, now I am seeing the artwork in them and a kind of social history they show us, etc., they are wonderful.

I just wanted to say thank you,

Addie,

NY, NY

"...they are wonderful. I just wanted to say thank you," - ADDIE

And you're most welcome. I am glad you are enjoying them.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Kyle In Hollywood

Kyle

It's really an interesting topic. Like to know if your poster's images are in some way organized, meaning you can find any given poster with ease.

Maurice

Hello Maurice -

Posting them individually in here has shown me just how "odd" the collection is. The "collection" is not at all comprehensive, is extremely eclectic and is highly subjective. Many images were collected only "by accident" as they were posted in a newsgroup and often bundled into a single package that was viewable only after downloading (ala :winzip, for example). And I passed on downloading many images thinking there would never be a need or use for them. I am kicking myself now for letting some stuff go by.

I have them "stored" in a few different areas on my hard drive (a folder on the desktop, a few folders on the c-drive) but I can search those few folders pretty easily.

But if you are wondering if I could easily search for a poster from a specific film, Yeah. I probably could. But the odds of having a really nice poster of a certain film is iffy, at best. Additionally, some images have needed a digital retouching to lighten and brighten the image while some of the other original images/scans aren't really "fixable". As I am resizing most of the images for posting in here, it is two or three step process to get it ready for including in this thread. (Adjust the image quality. Re-size to a 500 pixel width. Upload to the online photo account. Post in the Forums.) I am not just opeing a folder and selecting an image for the day.

And then there are the images I have that are just "boring". They may be graphically interesting but have no real identifying image that makes the poster special. I saved many of those images just to have an image to use when archiving a recording of a certain film. (The Country Girl is a good example. Lots of text and a few small photos of the stars. Really Dull.)

Being into the second month of this project has shown me how varied they are. And I am often looking for inspiration on what to post next. Using the TCM schedule is very helpful. And right now, in the gaps between films selected to coincide with TCM presentations, I fill in with a few posters that are attractive to me - whether graphically, thematically or because it is obscure. And usually the poster fits all three of those points. I think that is true for many of the selections lately. I have a lot of images that are truly "unique". But five or six months from now, I am not so sure that will still be the case. They still should be of a higher quality than usually found online but they may not be all that special. I see the day arriving that the "boring" The Country Girl gets posted because I have exhausted the more unique images. But I hope they will still be interesting to some of the members.

Kyle In Hollywood