Sign in to follow this  
pthomas

mountain climbing movies

7 posts in this topic

I saw a movie about climbing the matterhorn years ago. It's High Conquest with Gilbert Roland and Anna Lee. Made by Monogram in 1947. The is very few mountain climbing movies out there and I have most of them on disk but sure would like to see High Conquest again or get a copy

Hi, I've see you wrote this post almost 4 years ago. I hope you will recieve my reply.

If you're still interested in High Conquest, I think I can help you.

I'm very interested in climbing movies too.

Regards.

PLEASE show *High Conquest* or let me know where I can see the film. I believe it was made at the same time as *White Tower*. Would love to see that again as well .They made a short called *The Matterhorn* at the same time as both of the above. If memory serves me there was a silent film made wih very similar plots to the above but I dont recall the name.

Ullman was the writer of High Conquest and White Tower as well as a disney movie The Third Man on the Mountain ( He did non mountain movieas as well.)

Maybe TCM could do theme weeks around mounain climbing (The Nofth Face, The Eiger Sanction,

etc. etc.)

When it comes to Mountain climbing, moutaineering or any adventure, I consider myself a conservative, calcualted risk taker. I have never seen a summit or a challenge that was worth my life. My adventures are always viewed in light of wanting to make it back home alive, first and formost.