Sign in to follow this  
jakeem

The 13th Doctor is...

36 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

#PeterCapaldi is my 9 year old son’s fav #DoctorWhoBBC_Doctor_Who_Christmas_emoji.png and he was dreading his regeneration. And then he got this letter with some words of comfort from the Doctor himself among his Santa presents. Such a kind man.

DSCyHeIX4AI8-rd.jpg

Did you spot the significance of the date - Nov 23 1963 - on that letter?

1 hour ago, limey said:

Did you spot the significance of the date - Nov 23 1963 - on that letter?

The OTHER significance, yes.

5 hours ago, EricJ said:

The OTHER significance, yes.

No, I totally overlooked it! Thanks for calling attention to it. That must have been such a strange weekend to premiere a new television series.

I've read that NBC was scheduled to show "Singin' in the Rain" on Monday, November 25 -- the day JFK was buried. But they postponed it.

18 minutes ago, jakeem said:

No, I totally overlooked it! Thanks for calling attention to it. That must have been such a strange weekend to premiere a new television series.

I've read that NBC was scheduled to show "Singin' in the Rain" on Monday, November 25 -- the day JFK was buried. But they postponed it.

It wasn't a matter of them postponing it. They had to reschedule it because there was no regular programming on the networks that day.

FYI-- I don't know where you read that. But this is strictly my memory. I believe that both of Gene Kelly's big movies An American in Paris and Singin' In the Rain were debuted on NBC's  Saturday  Night at the Movies in 1964. But maybe that's what they rescheduled it to.

15 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

It wasn't a matter of them postponing it. They had to reschedule it because there was no regular programming on the networks that day.

FYI-- I don't know where you read that. But this is strictly my memory. I believe that both of Gene Kelly's big movies An American in Paris and Singin' In the Rain were debuted on NBC's  Saturday  Night at the Movies in 1964. But maybe that's what they rescheduled it to.

It was a Final Jeopardy! answer/question once.

• Like 1