Sign in to follow this  
Field_Trish

Hitchcock 50 on Demand

6 posts in this topic

Oh TCM. You are really starting to get on my nerves. Why would you not put all Hitchcock movies currently airing live on the on demand option? I was so mad when I missed Rebecca but then thought I could catch it on demand. Then to my disappointment you didn't put that on there. Then of course I missed Notorious and you again didn't put that on demand either. That's so unfair! I know everyone nowadays has a DVR but I do not. How hard is it to just make these movies available on demand? Especially during Hitchcock class time. I get it that maybe other movies are ok to leave out but if you're offering a class you should make the movies available on demand.

Also, why do you cut off the host closing remarks after a movie on demand? You didn't use to do this but now you are. Also annoying. Every time I hear Ben Mankiewicz say "we'll discuss more after the film" I get excited but only to find out to my disappointment once again that you did not include those 40 seconds on demand.

• Like 3

Heh, heh, heh....

"I know everyone nowadays has a DVR. but I do not..."

So, I guess that means NOT everyone has DVR, DOES it?  Well.....

That makes TWO of us!  ;)

Actually more since only ONE person I know has it.  And I'm part of a HUGE family!

Sepiatone

• Like 1

you know i remember years ago TCM took a week and aired every one of hitchcock's films that were not lost. that's how i saw most of them and then alot are available online , any hoo  tcm let's do that again OR add a hitchcock block to filmstruck!!

Heh, heh, heh....

"I know everyone nowadays has a DVR. but I do not..."

So, I guess that means NOT everyone has DVR, DOES it?  Well.....

That makes TWO of us!  ;)

Actually more since only ONE person I know has it.  And I'm part of a HUGE family!

Sepiatone

Me neither too!

You are right. Even though I have a DVR TCM should've made all the Hitchcock films available on demand for the duration of the course unless there is a licensing issue (and if so why not make it clear beforehand?). Not sure about the scheduling either, it would be nice to have the films show the day before the relevant lecture or the same day. Showing them in blocks makes finding the time to watch them all a bit difficult.

I agree also!!  I have been able to catch a couple of missed Hitchcock films On Demand, but most of the ones I missed (like "Rebecca") were not available!  It's incredibly frustrating!  I was able to borrow "Rebecca" from the library, but they didn't have any of the others I missed.  I agree that TCM should have considered how difficult it would be to watch movies from 8pm to 6 am twice a week for a month!  Not everyone has a DVR or, like me, their DVR may not be working!  TCM should have either spread the movies out over the month better and/or put them all on the On Demand channel.