Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

$1 million of pot found in Fords made in Mexico, shipped to Ohio

7 posts in this topic

$1 million of pot found in Fords made in Mexico, shipped to Ohio

The Drug Enforcement Administration is trying to figure out how $1 million worth of marijuana ended up hidden in the trunks of new Ford Fusion cars at a dealership in Ohio, CNN reports.

The cars arrived in Lordstown, Ohio, at a CSX rail yard rail after they were manufactured at a Ford plant in Mexico, said an agent in charge of the DEA office in Youngstown, Ohio.

"Clearly, something went wrong," the DEA's Silverio Balzano told CNN. "Generally speaking, they could take it off anywhere else along the way."

The pot was found stashed in the wheel wells for the vehicles' spare tires at a dealership in Youngstown between July 7 and July 11, Balzano said. Eventually, marijuana was found in 15 cars in four Ohio counties.

No wonder they don't want NAFTA to end, they use it to get drugs into our country through the items they import.

Yes, I've read about this.  For a story that has made national news, these cars that are arriving full of loot are not all that far from me.  I don't have any intention to get one though.  Not my style of car.  Mine would be filled with cannisters of movies thought to be lost.  :P

No wonder they don't want NAFTA to end, they use it to get drugs into our country through the items they import.

Don't start believing Ford WANTS Nafta to end.  Heh...Seems like Ronnie's baby opened up ALL kinds of  money making possibilites, didn't it?  :D

Sepiatone

Boy, what a dumb move.

I just saw on the news where the recent legalization of pot in Nevada is causing quite the shortage for the stuff there.

(...and so THAT'S where they should have shipped that car...NOT Ohio)

• Like 1