Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Who is OJ Simpson and why is he in prison?

52 posts in this topic

It is more than 20 years since OJ Simpson, once one of America’s best loved sportsmen, was found not guilty of murdering his former wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ronald Goldman.

He is currently nine years into a 33-year sentence for a string of crimes including armed robbery and kidnapping. Simpson, who turned 70 last week, could walk free later this year.

On Thursday, he will appear by videolink before a Las Vegas parole board who will decide whether he is ready to be released.

OJ is up for parole and the sympathy articles are out.

I thought O.J. got himself arrested so he could get into prison to find the real killer of Nicole and Ron.  It was his stated intention to devote the rest of his life to this mission.  He started off by checking out all of the golf courses but when that failed ...

• Like 3

It is more than 20 years since OJ Simpson, once one of America’s best loved sportsmen, was found not guilty of murdering his former wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ronald Goldman.

He is currently nine years into a 33-year sentence for a string of crimes including armed robbery and kidnapping. Simpson, who turned 70 last week, could walk free later this year.

On Thursday, he will appear by videolink before a Las Vegas parole board who will decide whether he is ready to be released.

OJ is up for parole and the sympathy articles are out.

Hope OJ gets out soon so he can find the real killer.  Life's short. ;)

• Like 1

O.J. Simpson on odds of parole: 'We'll be playing golf again soon'

Later this week, O.J. Simpson will come before a Nevada parole board, seeking release from a prison sentence for armed robbery. Simpson has served nine of a potential 33 years at Lovelock Correctional Center for his role in a 2007 Las Vegas robbery. His parole hearing, scheduled for Thursday, is the first opportunity Simpson has had for an early release, and according to a friend, Simpson is optimistic about his chances.

“Tell them we’ll be playing golf again soon,” Simpson said, according to Tom Scotto, a longtime friend who spoke to USA Today. Scotto indicated that Simpson is “very positive” and hopes to return to a “normal” life if he is in fact released.

***************************************************]

It's always golf with these types, maybe he can go play with Obama.

O.J. Simpson on odds of parole: 'We'll be playing golf again soon'

Later this week, O.J. Simpson will come before a Nevada parole board, seeking release from a prison sentence for armed robbery. Simpson has served nine of a potential 33 years at Lovelock Correctional Center for his role in a 2007 Las Vegas robbery. His parole hearing, scheduled for Thursday, is the first opportunity Simpson has had for an early release, and according to a friend, Simpson is optimistic about his chances.

“Tell them we’ll be playing golf again soon,” Simpson said, according to Tom Scotto, a longtime friend who spoke to USA Today. Scotto indicated that Simpson is “very positive” and hopes to return to a “normal” life if he is in fact released.

***************************************************]

It's always golf with these types, maybe he can go play with Obama.

Hey,  I finally agree with something you posted;    It is always golf with THESE TYPES.    

No wonder Trump loves golf so much!   :P

• Like 1

Hey,  I finally agree with something you posted;    It is always golf with THESE TYPES.    

No wonder Trump loves golf so much!   :P

LOL!

Wasn't playing for the Bills punishment enough. This was just

payback for O.J. being found not guilty in the murder case.

Threw the book at him this time. The legal analyst for ABC

said that Simpson has a 52% chance of being paroled. He

also said that if another prisoner had the same good prison

record as Simpson, his chance of being paroled would be

92%.

A bit off-toic but will Sirhan Sirhan ever get out?  He's done 50 years.

Simpson, who turned 70 last week, could walk free later this year.

I think he may be able to limp free, at best.

A bit off-toic but will Sirhan Sirhan ever get out?  He's done 50 years.

He'll get out when Manson gets out.

:)

He'll get out when Manson gets out.

:)

I know the person that Sirhan Sirhan killed was iconic but it was hardly the same sort of crime as that of crazy Manson.  Sirhan has always maintained he doesn't even remember what happened and is remorseful.  He was hardly the sort you would have tipped to be a murderer.  50 years ago now.

I know the person that Sirhan Sirhan killed was iconic but it was hardly the same sort of crime as that of crazy Manson.  Sirhan has always maintained he doesn't even remember what happened and is remorseful.  He was hardly the sort you would have tipped to be a murderer.  50 years ago now.

Sorry - I thought you were being funny so I responded in kind.

What O.J. Simpson’s life has been like in prison

LOVELOCK, Nevada –  O.J. Simpson has spent the past eight and a half years behind bars at Lovelock Correctional Facility, a medium security prison in Nevada’s high desert.

Simpson — famously acquitted in 1995 in the slayings of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ron Goldman — has been serving out a nine-to-33-year sentence for his role in a 2007 incident that unfolded in a Las Vegas hotel room.

During his years in prison, Simpson has passed the time playing fantasy football, coaching softball, and, at least in the beginning, eating lots of junk food, according to guards and an inmate who were there with him.

At his 2013 appearance before parole commissioners, Simpson described himself as a prison diplomat. “I’m sure the powers here know I advise a lot of guys,” Simpson testified to parole commissioners. “I’d like to feel I keep a lot of trouble from happening.”

If he's that much of a diplomat, they should keep him in for a while longer.

We got the news here yesterday from one of the local tv stations,(so i guess that makes it Official),that OJ Simpson is soon to take up residence at a local Condo in Naples,Fl.which is about 20 miles from my home,when he gets out of jail.

According to the news report there are ppl scurrying around looking for just the right place for him to live.

It should be a whole lotta fun,(and I'll be watching closely) to see how the little town of Naples reacts to his presence,and in which Condo he'll be allowed to live in,and what the reaction of his neighbors will be.

On one level OJ should fit in quite nicely,his being a golfer.The town of Naples is all about golfing and not much else.It's a Dead little town,not good for anything except golf.

IIRC,Naples ranks as either no.1 or 2 for the number of golf courses in the US.Either just ahead or behind Myrtle Beach,S.Carolina.

Yup,things could get mighty interesting come October. :rolleyes:

Everyone is assuming he's getting out.  He probably will if he has been behaving himself, but what if his parole is denied?

Everyone is assuming he's getting out, but what if his parole is denied?

Then Naples can breathe easy for a while longer,that's all.

But he probably will get out.That's why he's got ppl around here looking for a place where he can live.

That's why the local news reported on it.They don't usually report *iffy* stuff just for fun,they have to have some kind of solid basis for their report,not just rumors speculations or assumptions.

We got the news here yesterday from one of the local tv stations,(so i guess that makes it Official),that OJ Simpson is soon to take up residence at a local Condo in Naples,Fl.which is about 20 miles from my home,when he gets out of jail.

According to the news report there are ppl scurrying around looking for just the right place for him to live.

It should be a whole lotta fun,(and I'll be watching closely) to see how the little town of Naples reacts to his presence,and in which Condo he'll be allowed to live in,and what the reaction of his neighbors will be.

On one level OJ should fit in quite nicely,his being a golfer.The town of Naples is all about golfing and not much else.It's a Dead little town,not good for anything except golf.

IIRC,Naples ranks as either no.1 or 2 for the number of golf courses in the US.Either just ahead or behind Myrtle Beach,S.Carolina.

Yup,things could get mighty interesting come October. :rolleyes:

I wonder what is net worth is now?    I would assume very low but there might be people willing to give him money.

Golfing in Naples can't be free (as well as renting a place to live and eating!).

Golfing in Naples can't be free (as well as renting a place to live and eating!).

Naples and i assume all of SW Florida is arguably the most expensive area in Florida to live in.

The place is overrun with 1%'ers....a total infestation. 

There are a coupla major(or at least semi-major) golf tournaments held in Collier Co. every year.They're all televised.Some of the biggest names in golf play the tourney's.

Golf is THE most important thing there is in this life,except for money itself,to many who live in Naples.They openly worship the stuff.

And yes,golf is Expensive...some golf courses charge upwards of $100,000 in membership fees per year.

Some charge a little less.

Naples and i assume all of SW Florida is arguably the most expensive area in Florida to live in.

I was curious after reading this, so I looked it up:

The 10 most expensive cities in Florida

1) Key Biscayne

2) Pinecrest

3) Coral Gables

4) Naples

5) Marco Island

6) Key West

7) Palmetto Bay

8) Parkland

9) Miami Shores

10) Doral

1) Key Biscayne

2) Pinecrest

3) Coral Gables

4) Naples

5) Marco Island

6) Key West

7) Palmetto Bay

8) Parkland

9) Miami Shores

10) Doral

So Naples is no.4 eh,followed by Marco Isl....not surprised.

I used to live on Marco Isl...they used to call it "mark-up island" among other names tee hee tee hee...cuz it's sooo damn expensive to live there...very stuffy place to live.

So Naples is no.4 eh,followed by Marco Isl....not surprised.

I've lived in the state my entire life and I still had to look up a couple of those places. Too rarefied for the likes of me, I suppose. 

1) Key Biscayne

2) Pinecrest

3) Coral Gables

4) Naples

5) Marco Island

6) Key West

7) Palmetto Bay

8) Parkland

9) Miami Shores

10) Doral

Were is Palm Beach?      Are you saying Trump lives in the sticks!    :lol:

So, if the Juice makes parole his release will come on October 1st.  What are the odds that on September 30th, O.J. says "I can't stand it anymore" and breaks out of prison and goes on the run.

He can't have too much money.  I think he still owes a lot of money from losing the civil lawsuit.  The parole hearing will be live on ESPN (I think on "Outside the Lines")..

He can't have too much money.  I think he still owes a lot of money from losing the civil lawsuit.  The parole hearing will be live on ESPN (I think on "Outside the Lines")..

When it comes to civil lawsuits "owing" and "paying" are two different things!.

There may be a civil judgment against him but that doesn't mean he'll pay.  :P