Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hamrick, Tabitha

I need to know the name of a movie

6 posts in this topic

Guest Hamrick, Tabitha

I don't have a lot of information about the movie, but hopefully someone can help. It is a suspense movie. It is set during World War 2. The main characters name is Mark. He meets a look alike during the war. Something happens to one of them. I think they think he is killed, but has actually been injured beyond recognition. He is put on trial and it goes back and forth between who actually did it. It is a really confusing movie. I loved this movie, but have no idea what the title is. I have searched through hundreds of titles. Somebody please help!!!

Guest finnie12, moira

I believe that the movie you are thinking of is "Libel" (1959) with Dirk Bogarde in the dual role as the two lookalikes who encounter one another in a POW camp during WWII. Olivia de Havilland plays the English lady who apparently loves both characters. Robert Morley is quite entertaining in this film when he appears as Bogarde's legal nemesis. It's a fun courtroom melodrama--and as with many entertaining movies, the plot doesn't bear too much scrutiny. I hope that you have a chance to tape it to enjoy again. This film is being shown again on TCM on December 12th, 2002 at 2pm ET. It does not appear to be available on video or dvd at this time

Guest Dimeo, Nick

Or else it's an Unsolved Mysteries episode I once saw!

Guest Schwartz, Ana

Can't remember title but maybe this'll help. Stars are Dirk Bogard and Olivia Dehaviland. He meets his look-a-like in a POW camp and kills him during an escape. Dirk plays both roles. He kills the lookalike who was trying to kill him and assume his position as De Halviland's husband. The trial goes against him until the very end. Try searching films by Dirk Bogard or Olivia DeHaviland.

Guest Schwartz, Ana

Re: Message I just sent about Dirk Bogard film. You're right, he didn't kill, but the suvivor is a vegetable and Bogard is on trial for being an impostor to his title and property.

Guest K, Sandy

The title of the movie is LIBEL (1959). According to the Internet Movie Database, it is not currently available on video or dvd.