Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

Immigration Policy?

183 posts in this topic

Kyle GriffinVerified account @kylegriffin1 2h2 hours ago

"[The children] did not have shoes or blankets in the detention center ... people in the cells that had to sleep standing up.

They did not have enough to eat either …

the incarcerated children were insulted – called named such as 'animals' and 'donkeys.'"

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/my-son-is-not-the-same-new-testimony-paints-bleak-picture-of-family-separation

“I simply cannot believe that my government could have done this to these people.”

11 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

"[The children] did not have shoes or blankets in the detention center ... people in the cells that had to sleep standing up.

the incarcerated children were insulted – called named such as 'animals' and 'donkeys.'"

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/my-son-is-not-the-same-new-testimony-paints-bleak-picture-of-family-separation

I'd like to "like" your post, but how can I? And thanks for the link to the very credible PBS news organization. Another thing DJT would like to put an end to. What kind of people carry out these orders? I'd have a nervous breakdown. It's one thing to be "law enforcement" - taking people into custody, searches, initial questioning is just part of the job. What kind of a  person calls a kid an animal or a donkey? I would have loved to see the job interview for this position.

If I were DJT,  I would stay in the US for a long while. If he goes anywhere in the European Union or Canada he could find himself arrested for crimes against humanity.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

*"I simply cannot believe that my government could have done this to these people.”

* I wonder how many Germans said that about the Holocaust in 1945?

What you don't know or

What you are not willing to care about or to believe can hurt you.

"Trump administration has said 27 young migrant children are "not eligible for reunification" with their parents, according to a court filing.

Twelve other children's mothers or fathers have already been deported from the US, said the government.

"Legitimate logistical impediments" are delaying reunions for many of the 102 children under five years old who were taken from parents, US officials say.

Nearly 3,000 children were separated from adults illegally entering the US.

The government was bound by a court order to reunite children aged five and under by 10 July...

The ACLU said: "For the [parents] who were deported without their children, [US government officials] have not even tried to contact them or facilitate their reunification by today." ........

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44785867?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Francisco J. PelayoVerified account @FranPelayo 10h10 hours ago

The U.S. is violating international law. Asylum claims are valid even when a migrant enters a country illegally. Turning away traumatized immigrants puts their lives at risk immediately upon their return home.

------------------------------------------------

" Under new guidance given Wednesday to the officers who interview asylum seekers at the US' borders and evaluate refugee applications, claims based on fear of gang and domestic violence will be immediately rejected. In addition, the guidance tells officers they should consider whether an immigrant crossed the border illegally and weigh that against their claim, potentially rejecting even legitimate fears of persecution if the immigrant crossed illegally. ......

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/11/politics/border-immigrants-asylum-restrictions/index.html

Francisco J. PelayoVerified account @FranPelayo 10h10 hours ago

The U.S. is violating international law. Asylum claims are valid even when a migrant enters a country illegally. Turning away traumatized immigrants puts their lives at risk immediately upon their return home.

------------------------------------------------

" Under new guidance given Wednesday to the officers who interview asylum seekers at the US' borders and evaluate refugee applications, claims based on fear of gang and domestic violence will be immediately rejected. In addition, the guidance tells officers they should consider whether an immigrant crossed the border illegally and weigh that against their claim, potentially rejecting even legitimate fears of persecution if the immigrant crossed illegally. ......

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/11/politics/border-immigrants-asylum-restrictions/index.html

Isn't it true that ICE is blocking the legal ports of entry?