Sign in to follow this  
Reaper

Descending Post Order

4 posts in this topic

How do I adjust my settings so that the threads on the forum show the posts in descending order in which they were posted, rather than reverse? Viewing them in reverse is kind of distracting and awkward for me, is there a way to adjust it? Thanks.

How do I adjust my settings so that the threads on the forum show the posts in descending order in which they were posted, rather than reverse? Viewing them in reverse is kind of distracting and awkward for me, is there a way to adjust it? Thanks.

Sorry but there is no option for that.   This is also one of the hot-topics for 'newbies'  (us old timers are use to how this site works).   So yea, the newer the post the higher-up it will be on the screen.  

Note that there is a 'view new content' feature that will only show threads with post the users has NOT read as well as a 'take me to the last un-read post' feature.    Since I come here often I use both of these features.    This way I don't have to scroll passed post I have already read.   

Thanks for the information. Kind of unfortunate the post order can't be adjusted although it isn't that major a deal, I just prefer having it the traditional way.

Thanks for the information. Kind of unfortunate the post order can't be adjusted although it isn't that major a deal, I just prefer having it the traditional way.

Yes,  every site I have ever been on does it 'the traditional way'.    E.g. I visit the Jazz Guitar forum a lot (it should be clear why, ha ha),  and that sit list a topic and then has numbers listed,  1, 2, 3 etc... and then 'last'.     If one wants the oldest post they click '1',  if one wants the last post, they click 'last'.     The post are numbered with '1' being the oldest and the highest number the last post.

Only this site does it 'backwards'.   Oh well,   still love that TCM is the only station to feature studio-era films uncut (well mostly but that is another can of worms),  without interruptions.