Sign in to follow this  
littletramplover

~*~Classic Film 21 Questions~*~

11,372 posts in this topic

O.K. I'll try - lets see - although she is a natural blonde all her films except

one has her shown as a brunette,she chose the dark hair so she could

play more serious parts....(this is clue No.(1 )

No kids- not Ida or Joan ...clue No. 2)...she was raised in a commune sans electricity...

clue No.3) she produced a film and handed the best role to another actress

who won an Oscar, all for the sake of the film...

Yes Metry Yes it is Winona

she is really a blonde, and was raised in a commune without electricity

she handed Girl,Interupted to Angelina Jolie and took the secondary role and Joly went on to

win the Oscar...

she was in Bram Stokers' Dracula and played the part of Miss Mina

now it's your turn friend....

I am confused! Are we guessing movie titles or movie actors? Just thought I would

join in but I didn't know which to guess. Help.....! Regards!?

Thanks, mr6666! YOU understand my confusion. However, after the last post(Clue #2),

I don't think we are guessing films at this point. Oh well.....Bg

4. The Pirate (1948). Not an original, but close enough that a lawsuit for plagiarism was considered but never filed.

Regards

Hi,

I think we are guessing a movie, which in this case would be "Singin' in the Rain." Songs from Singin' are heard in the movies from the first three clues, and "Make 'em Laugh" was an obvious ripoff of "Be a Clown" from The Pirate.

However, I wouldn't have arrived at that answer without scsu1975's Arthur Freed answer, so if I'm correct, I will gladly turn over the board to scsu. Also, I'm convalescing from surgery so it's difficult to type and keep up with the boards.

Peter

Peter,

I hope your convalescence will go along satisfactorily and I wish you a full recovery! Bg.

Well done Peter, You got it, with an assist from scsu1975, ?Singin In The Rain? it is. Get well soon, and come join the fun.

Questions were derived from the 2 CD set ?Singin? In The Rain? 50th anniversary deluxe edition. A very nice Collection of soundtrack and original source material. I recommend it. Unfortunately, Bing Crosby?s version of ?Beautiful Girl? (sung to Stirling Holloway in ?Going Hollywood?). And Virginia Verrill?s version of ?All I Do Is Dream Of You? from ?Hide-Out? (more relevant to ?Singin? In The Rain? than Gene Raymond?s version), are not included on this CD.

scsu1975, I'm surprised at you. Allowing yourself to be misled like that, so close to the right answer. Now straighten up. The board is yours.

Regards

What can I say, I'm slipping. While I try to think of a film, if anybody else wants to jump in, be my guest.

just give clues one at a time for a film that we must guess.... e.g.......

clue i tara

clue 2 rhett

clue 3 civil war

wait for some answers then continue with another clue until the correct answer is given

get it now?