Princess of Tap

The Presidential HATE of trump

276 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, ChristineHoard said:

Nip, If you're going to embrace Trump you might as well go all in and embrace the racism, too.  That's part of who he is.

You really believing picking on Warren for her lie by calling her Pocahontas is racism? 

Would calling someone that is pretending to be a Jewish scientist,  Einstein,  be anti-Semitic? 

Of course this is Trump being asinine (yet again, especially he questioned Obama's origin of birth) but I just don't see racism.  

james, I believe using that word in that setting is, at best, racially insensitive.  Having this event under a picture of Andrew Jackson was disrespectful.  Mentioning Warren using that term in that particular setting was unnecessary and irrelevant.   

I do believe Trump is racist.  No doubt about it.  The examples are too numerous.  If I start listing them here, my post will go on for pages and I'll never get anything else done tonight.   

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChristineHoard said:

Nip, If you're going to embrace Trump you might as well go all in and embrace the racism, too.  That's part of who he is.

Nip's many posts in the past have already demonstrated the all in embrace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

james, I believe using that word in that setting is, at best, racially insensitive.  Having this event under a picture of Andrew Jackson was disrespectful.  Mentioning Warren using that term in that particular setting was unnecessary and irrelevant.   

I do believe Trump is racist.  No doubt about it.  The examples are too numerous.  If I start listing them here, my post will go on for pages and I'll never get anything else done tonight.   

I'm still puzzled why trump made a reference to the Senator, whom he did not even correctly identify as a senator,  since she had nothing to do with this event and she was not present at the time. 

I believe it showed 3 things about trump-- that we already know, but it doesn't hurt to review it again--

1) He's so small-minded and vindictive he never passes up an opportunity to attack a perceived enemy.

2) The way he has approached his nicknaming of of the Senator and bringing this up in front of these Native Americans showed a lack of  respect for, not just Native American  culture, but also for Pocahontas, who is a great participant in American history.

3) I could also say that his lack of respect for the personhood of Pocahontas, as a Great American woman, is indicative of his misogynist problem as well.

I don't think that this is an issue about Senator Warren's ethnicity or anything to do with her as a person. The Senator and trump can duke it out on their own time. This was about the Native American Navajo Code Talkers who made a vital patriotic contribution to World War II.

Most people would say how can you make something like this controversial?

Well, we only have to look at trump's phone call to the Widow of a military hero to get an idea what is par for the course for a man of his ilk. And again this controversy just had to involve his interaction with a family who was not white.

He had a similar type run-in with a Gold Star family, during his campaign, who was not white.

Without going back to the birther or the Central Park Five issues,

the man obviously has a problem-- he's living in the past and needs to address it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

You really believing picking on Warren for her lie by calling her Pocahontas is racism? 

Would calling someone that is pretending to be a Jewish scientist,  Einstein,  be anti-Semitic? 

Of course this is Trump being asinine (yet again, especially he questioned Obama's origin of birth) but I just don't see racism.  

It's not racism but it's stupid that he had to bring up his political rivals even when giving awards to WWII vets.

13 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The manner in which Trump uses the name is racist.  He was racially motivated to use a term which he considers pejorative.

Incidentally, this may backfire on Trump and Company.  In that, he is just raising Warren' stature.

James Hohmann had an article on a Washington Post site re: how Trump's insensitive, inaccurate attacks on Warren just boost her chances to become the Democratic nominee in 2020.  Of course, that may be his plan.  Have the Dems. nominate someone who would make Hillary Clinton look like a conservative.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I'm still puzzled why trump made a reference to the Senator,

Because of the dispute with the Consumer Bureau chief.     Didn't you see CNN and MSNBC?   Warren was on both networks related to this.    

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Trump "secretly paid for more than $1 million in ads that portrayed members of a tribe in Upstate New York as cocaine traffickers and career criminals."

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

You would think that taking out newspaper ads calling for the death penalty for 5 teenaged black kids who turned out to be completely innocent would be a deal breaker with voters.  What gives with the one-third of America that are still supporting this maniac?

trump-- The Equal Opportunity racist

• Thanks 2

I would guess that it is more likely that someone from Oklahoma

has Indian ancestors than someone from Queens has.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Because of the dispute with the Consumer Bureau chief.     Didn't you see CNN and MSNBC?   Warren was on both networks related to this.    

He still had no reason to bring it up when he did. He should have acted professionally. 

3 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

He still had no reason to bring it up when he did. He should have acted professionally. 

Asking Trump to act professionally?   Where have you been the last 2 years.     :lol:

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Trump just retweeted three anti-Muslim videos from a British woman who is a leader of an extremist group in the U.K. and was arrested for harassing a Muslim woman for wearing a hijab

3wpfnw9q?format=jpg&name=600x314

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Good morning, Mr President @realDonaldTrump - what the hell are you doing retweeting a bunch of unverified videos by Britain First, a bunch of disgustingly racist far-right extremists? Please STOP this madness & undo your retweets.

And just when you think that trump can go no lower-- now he is the International racist.

If only the bigoted Ian Paisley was alive in the UK now, he would be so proud of trump.

In France both Le Pens, father and daughter from the anti-Semitic National Front  wholeheartedly endorsed trump--

Not to mention human rights trouncers like the caudillos in Turkey, the Philippines and Russia.

Wherever bigotry and hatred Loom Large, there you can find a great deal of affection for the current of occupant of the White House.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Monday: Trump uses offensive word about Native Americans

Tuesday: Trump criticizes black athletes

Wednesday: Trump shares anti-Muslim videos

Former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard--white supremacist David Duke's Twitter response today to trump's sharing of the unauthenticated

anti-Muslim videos perfectly describes the situation: " This is why we love trump. "

Also, Theresa May, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom denounced trump's behavior:

" It was wrong to have done this."

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

From a Labour MP in England ...

David LammyVerified account @DavidLammy
FollowFollow @DavidLammy
More

Trump sharing Britain First. Let that sink in. The President of the United States is promoting a fascist, racist, extremist hate group whose leaders have been arrested and convicted. He is no ally or friend of ours. @realDonaldTrump you are not welcome in my country and my city.

4:08 AM - 29 Nov 2017

1,418 replies23,790 retweets46,330 likes

Retweet

1. New conversation

Beyond The Pale????

The mocking of a disabled reporter

The lack of respect for Puerto Rican hurricane victims

The harassment of The Muslim American Gold Star Family

the denigration of Vietnam war hero Senator John McCain

The disrespectful phone call to the fallen black hero's widow

The misogynist attacks on female cable news journalists who criticized him

The  support for the white supremacists, neo-Nazis and Klu Klux Klan members at the Charlottesville Unite the Rght rally which resulted in  the police alleging that a white supremacist murdered a freedom-loving young American woman by running her down with a car

The campaign against the first black American President, claiming he is not an American citizen,  therefore he is not a legitimate president

The campaign against the innocent Central Park Five

The Access Hollywood audio tape and the many women who came forward afterwards accusing him of sexual molestation

Et al

I can't remember exactly when this trump person went beyond the pale because there have been so many incidents of him going Beyond The Pale that it looks as though he lives beyond the pale.

trump has no more surprises. Everything for him at this point it's just reruns.

He and his supporters, like David Duke and Richard Spencer, definitely deserve each other.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

And just when you think that trump can go no lower-- now he is the International racist.

If only the bigoted Ian Paisley was alive in the UK now, he would be so proud of trump.

In France both Le Pens, father and daughter from the anti-Semitic National Front  wholeheartedly endorsed trump--

Not to mention human rights trouncers like the caudillos in Turkey, the Philippines and Russia.

Wherever bigotry and hatred Loom Large, there you can find a great deal of affection for the current of occupant of the White House.

Good ol' Donny!:lol:

NAACP says racist American president has no right

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

NAACP Says Racist American President Shouldn't Attend Ceremony Opening Mississippi Civil Rights Museum

trump has spent years trying to prove that the first black American President was not a legitimate president because he was not  born in the United States of America.

Recent reports allege that he's still trying to prove his birther claims with private investigators.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

.@PressSec says that @realDonaldTrump's support of "religious liberty" would include a baker putting a sign in the window saying, "We don't bake cakes for gay weddings" #MasterpieceCakeshop

Image result for sarah huckabee sanders

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Audra McDonald Retweeted GLAAD

“We don’t serve coloreds at our lunch counters” Sound familiar?

Another example of the bigotry of the trump Administration--

Where will this end?--

" Gay Only " signs over public water fountains ?

" Gay Only" signs for public restrooms ?

" Gay only " signs for airplane, train and bus station waiting rooms ?

Huckabee Sanders knew exactly what she was referencing when she made the comment about the wedding cakes.

6 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Another example of the bigotry of the trump Administration--

Where will this end?--

" Gay Only " signs over public water fountains ?

" Gay Only" signs for public restrooms ?

" Gay only " signs for airplane, train and bus station waiting rooms ?

Huckabee Sanders knew exactly what she was referencing when she made the comment about the wedding cakes.

Uh,  this case started before Trump was elected but yea this type of bigotry is sad.    I do believe the defendant has a case as it relates to 1st amendment rights: I.e. a baker can't be forced to write something they object to on a cake.    

But if there is nothing written on a cake or what is written is 'neutral' (e.g.  Joe and Same,  here is to a happy marriage'),   I can't see the court saying having to write that violates their religious liberty.

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Trump thought it was "low class" for Pence to bring pets to VP residence: report http://hill.cm/kRLk0b7 

DQUtupLVoAABHOO.jpg

Now you know why they say:

" Never trust a man who doesn't love dogs. "

According to his biographers, trump never had a dog as a pet in his entire life.

( Even Hitler had a beloved German Shepherd named Blondi.)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Scoop: Black lawmakers, including John Lewis, may skip their scheduled appearance at the Mississippi civil rights museum now Trump is planning to go. http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/12/06/black-lawmakers-may-skip-civil-rights-museum-opening-protest-trump/Bfc1Mvp7uvYAw7veIIQsyI/story.html?event=event25  via @BostonGlobe

gm3Gkfw1?format=jpg&name=600x314

There are bad people on both sides.

49 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Eugene Scott Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Trump honors civil rights activists of the past while criticizing civil rights activists protesting racism today https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/12/02/trump-honors-rosa-parkss-protest-against-racism-but-continues-to-criticize-nfl-players/  @thefix

57 minutes ago, jakeem said:

As Trump celebrates the opening of a new civil rights museum in Mississippi today, he’s done little to protect a key legacy of the civil rights movement

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-civil-rights-museum_us_5a2ad565e4b0a290f0505742

QEp5ZXEg?format=jpg&name=600x314

trump did not write his speech today at the opening of the Civil Rights Museum in Mississippi.

If trump had written the speech, he would have  probably said something like this about

1) The Nonviolent Civil Rights Movement led by the Rev.  Dr.  Martin Luther King jr.      

And

2) those  violently opposing civil rights for black Americans, like  the Ku Klux Klan  and Southern government officials who illegally defied federal law, beating and incarcerating peaceful American demonstrators 

" There were bad people on both sides."

Sometimes in life, and the civil rights movement in the United States is an example of this, it's a direct story of Good vs Evil--

no Shades of Grey there.