mr6666

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

3,679 posts in this topic

Daneld., again it's been another 3 days....would you still like to give another clue, or give up on this one and try another quote? MR

mr6666 wrote:

Daneld., again it's been another 3 days....would you still like to give another clue, or give up on this one and try another quote? MR

Hi, mr666... I think I'll give up. Not enough folks are bothering to deal with these trivia questions any more.

The quote is spoken by the New York-born Hartley Power, in the all-British production "Evergreen" (1934), the best picture ever made by English superstar Jessie Matthews.

Power plays her dad in the picture. He repeats the line:

"I'm a reasonable man. As long as I can keep body and soul together, that's all I ask for, here below."

at least FIVE TIMES in "Evergreen."

Guess I was expecting this board to still have all the super sleuths such as Charlie T, Judith, Carol, and Bill McCrary. They would research the heck out of questions like this until they came up with the right answer. But I guess they've gone on to other pursuits.

Ciao,

Dan

Name the movie with the line--"Wives- they cause me more trouble than the Methodist Church"

That would be "Damn Yankees," I think.

Cheers,

Dan

Yes, you are right scsu1975---Here is another---who said this , and in what film?

"Will strangers hear our names long after we've gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we

fought , how fiercly we loved?"

: