Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kerr, Rich

Navy Movie

3 posts in this topic

Guest Kerr, Rich

There was a movie made in the mid 30s about the US Navy. I think Dick Powell was in it and in the movie was the song "Don't Give Up The Ship". There was an explosion aboard a Battleship. I would sure like to know the name of the movie and if it's still available to be played on TCM.

Guest Silva, Bill de

Does anyone out there own a good color copy of the 1946 Universal film WHITE SAVAGE which starred Maria Montez and Jon Hall? I have most of her films, but the only ones that seem to be available are with private collectors, but the prints are either very light or very dark. I have a contact in LA who was a former movie projectionist and is now devoting his time to obtaining and copying old vintage films for customers. He does professional work and I have purchased several films from him that are hard to find, and his work has been exceptional. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Guest Boyajian, Jerry

Rich, the Navy movie you're looking for is Shipmates Forever, from Warner Bros in 1935, and with Dick Powell, Ruby Keeler, and Lewis Stone. As far as I can tell, it hasn't played on TCM in at least the last year and a half, but being a Warner film, I don't see any good reason why it wouldn't be in TCM's library.