Auriane

TCM Backlot San Francisco Bay Area Chapter

4 posts in this topic

Greetings!

My name is Jennifer (screen name here is Auriane) and I am looking for TCM Backlot members in the San Francisco Bay Area to join me in starting the TCM Backlot Local Chapter here.

I've been a classic movie watcher really since TCM began.  In the 90's I'd plop myself down on my couch on Sunday mornings with a bowl of my favorite cereal and watch all morning.  It was a tradition that continues to this day.  I love the programming and especially all of the great information, interviews and host introductions to the films.  So becoming a backlot member and starting a local chapter seems like a great fit for me - something that I'm pretty passionate about.

If you're interested in being a part of the San Francisco Bay Area Chapter of TCM Backlot and you're a member of TCM Backlot please visit www.tcmbacklotsfchapter.com and sign up.  As soon as we have 5 verified members we'll be a recognized chapter here on TCM.

If you're not a member of TCM Backlot I recommend that you become one.  It's a great fan club and has lots of fun perks!  Plus, if we have a local chapter we can enjoy extra benefits like:

-Free tickets each month to screenings of TCM Big Screen Classics (starting in June)

-One Chapter per month will be featured on the TCM Backlot site

-Local Chapters have the opportunity to win a viewing party for its members, courtesy of TCM

-If there are TCM events in your area, the Local Chapter(s) will receive advance notice and opportunities to participate

-Prizes and recognition for the largest and most active Chapters

So join today and then head on over to www.tcmbacklotsfchapter.com to become a member of the local San Francisco Bay Area TCM Backlot Chapter.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jennifer

Contact me at jennifer@tcmbacklotsfchapter.com

• Like 1

Jennifer, thanks for sharing this notice. Since many TCM Backlot members also attend the Turner Classic Film Festival, I think it's wonderful you are starting your local chapter. I've met hundreds of TCMFF pass holders from the Bay Area, and I hope your membership blossoms quickly!

I enjoy all the perks, news, events and video links available to TCM Backlot members.

• Like 1

Thanks for the "atta girl"!  I needed it.  :D

I've been pursuing becoming a recognized SF Bay Area Local Chapter through this forum, the website and Twitter and it's beginning to pay off.  I now have 3 confirmed backlot members here in the San Francisco Bay Area that want to be a part of the local chapter.  So, I just need 2 more to be able to submit our application and become a recognized local chapter!  It's been really fun to interact with so many other movie lovers and to meet some really great people.  I'm certain that we'll have 2 more folks very soon.

I also really enjoy TCM so much and it's great to get to be a part of it through the festival, backlot events and certainly folks like you.    I'm committed to starting this local chapter, that's for sure.  :D

Let's Movie!

Warmly

Jennifer

@tcmbacklotsf

www.tcmbacklotsfchapter.com

Jennifer@tcmbacklotsfchapter.com

• Like 1

Auriane, I'm sure you'll find two more members in the Bay Area for your TCM Backlot Local Chapter!