MovieMadness

Is 12 Trump threads here enough yet?

615 posts in this topic

OK so I am glad that Trump won and is President, and everybody deserves to say what they want. But 12 threads about him at the top is getting to be a bit much on this message board.

What ever happened to consolidating threads?

We have the Trump whoppers, the Trump appointments, the Trump satire, the Trump twitter thread, the Trump menagerie, etc. etc. etc.

Can't all the tears be shed in one thread, please?

I know how tough it is living under a President of a different party, but life goes on. When you look at the election, Trump actually won 30 states compared to Hillary only winning 20.

Trump won an overwhelming numbers of counties, it isn't even close.

Please consolidate this mess and let's move on. There is more to life than who is President.

• Like 1

OK so I am glad that Trump won and is President, and everybody deserves to say what they want. But 12 threads about him at the top is getting to be a bit much on this message board.

What ever happened to consolidating threads?

We have the Trump whoppers, the Trump appointments, the Trump satire, the Trump twitter thread, the Trump menagerie, etc. etc. etc.

Can't all the tears be shed in one thread, please?

I know how tough it is living under a President of a different party, but life goes on. When you look at the election, Trump actually won 30 states compared to Hillary only winning 20.

Trump won an overwhelming numbers of counties, it isn't even close.

Please consolidate this mess and let's move on. There is more to life than who is President.

And yet you've just started another thread.

• Like 5

I have considered that if we had one thread named "Trump! Yay!" and one named "Trump! Boo!" and one more named "Look at This Video!", we could consolidate 95% of the Off-Topics.

• Like 5

MovieMadness--No, 12 threads about Trump aren't enough.  On the first 4 pages of Off-Topic Chit Chat, I counted 23 threads about Trump, Trumpism, TrumpCare, or Trump followers.

it's the trump haters creating them.

Even the "The President Trump Agenda", "The Triumph of Trump", "Trumpism in Europe", "Splitting California in Two" (pro-Trump), "Trudeau's Canada" (pro-Trump), "Israel Middle East News" (pro-Trump), etc?

• Like 1

This would never be allowed in the general discussion >>> you couldn't have 12 different threads about the same actor on the first page. As has been pointed out, there are actually over 20 threads on Trump here and growing by the day.

C'mon, Donny is a quantity guy, the more the better. He'd

be happy with 12 threads, even happier with 50. 50 beautiful

threads, so beautiful. 

• Like 1

MovieMadness--No other President in my lifetime has proven so spectacularly inept.  As TheCid said, Trump and company do so Many things wrong.  Dubya Bush wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he had the brains to surround himself with competent personnel.  I certainly can't give Trump that credit of basic common sense.

• Like 1

Someone posts an interesting topic, and 20 Trump threads come up and bury it. There is a reason why this isn't allowed.

You say it's not allowed, but I don't see the Moderators doing anything about it.

• Like 1

We need a special IGNORE function for threads. Put it on Ignore it ain't there to see. It would be nice to get rid of the BASHER threads like this person is a ****bag or I hate California, redundant political threads and frivolous threads. We wouldn't have to rely on the Mods to regulate this, we can just zap them ourselves.

• Like 1

We need a special IGNORE function for threads. Put it on Ignore it ain't there to see. It would be nice to get rid of the BASHER threads like this person is a ****bag or I hate California, redundant political threads and frivolous threads. We wouldn't have to rely on the Mods to regulate this, we can just zap them ourselves.

Great idea.   Currently I use the 'mark all post as read"  feature after 'opening' the ones I wish to read in a sub-forum. 

With the option you proposed I would just have to 'tag' them once.  

I do feel people are creating way too many redundant threads (mostly related to Trump),  but hey,  since that is something these posters wish to do,  I'm not going to complain about it  (especially by creating yet another thread complaining about the creation of too many threads  :blink: ).

• Like 1

Someone posts an interesting topic, and 20 Trump threads come up and bury it. There is a reason why this isn't allowed.

You don't say what "isn't allowed."

Regardless, if the new thread was interesting, the Trump threads would not bury it.

You're just upset because Trump and his people create so many, many, many reasons to create new Trump threads.

And they all deserve separate threads because they are essentially different.

Perhaps we should have just one thread on General Discussions:  Old Movies.

• Like 1

West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice leaves the Democratic Party at Trump’s rally

At a rally with President Trump in West Virginia on Thursday night, the state's Gov. Jim Justice declared that he is leaving the Democratic Party that he said abandoned him and is joining the Republican Party.

“The Democrats walked away from me,” Justice told the crowd of thousands gathered at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena in Huntington. “I can’t help you any more being a Democrat governor.”

“This man is a good man,” Justice said of Trump. “He’s got a backbone, he’s got real ideas, he cares about America, he cares about us in West Virginia.”

See, we even accept Democrat weasels into the Republican party. Come one, come all.

Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream, everyone else gets 1

President Donald Trump is living every child's dream: More ice cream.

According to an extensive interview with TIME Magazine, Trump's White House staff has settled into Trump's routine and know his desires, sometimes before he does,

For example: Trump takes two scoops of ice cream with his chocolate cream pie, TIME reported, while everyone else around the table gets just one.

For the dummies that believe everything they read on the internet.

Taking two scoops while everyone else gets just one.

No, that doesn't sound like Trump at all.  :rolleyes:

West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice leaves the Democratic Party at Trump’s rally

At a rally with President Trump in West Virginia on Thursday night, the state's Gov. Jim Justice declared that he is leaving the Democratic Party that he said abandoned him and is joining the Republican Party.

“The Democrats walked away from me,” Justice told the crowd of thousands gathered at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena in Huntington. “I can’t help you any more being a Democrat governor.”

“This man is a good man,” Justice said of Trump. “He’s got a backbone, he’s got real ideas, he cares about America, he cares about us in West Virginia.”

See, we even accept Democrat weasels into the Republican party. Come one, come all.

Fake Post.

Jim Justice was a card carrying Republican until he ran for governor in 2015 as a Democrat so he could get elected.  Now that he is in, he turns his back on the Democrats and the people who elected him.

Maybe he is angling for an appointment from Trump since he has so very many as yet unfilled and more resignations than any other president?

And why are you posting a thread about Trump and WV governor on a thread you started to complain about too many Trump threads?  

• Like 2

Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream, everyone else gets 1

President Donald Trump is living every child's dream: More ice cream.

According to an extensive interview with TIME Magazine, Trump's White House staff has settled into Trump's routine and know his desires, sometimes before he does,

For example: Trump takes two scoops of ice cream with his chocolate cream pie, TIME reported, while everyone else around the table gets just one.

For the dummies that believe everything they read on the internet.

As for 'the dummies' you must be talking about yourself,  because most people at this forum don't believe anything you post.

• Like 1

Obama’s IRS ‘misled’ Obamacare customers: Audit

The Obama administration “misled” Americans into thinking signing up for Obamacare would be cheaper than it really was, according to an inspector general’s report Thursday that said the IRS dramatically understated the actual cost of enrolling.

IRS officials sent the letters to try to prod Americans to comply with the 2010 health law’s “individual mandate” that penalizes them for not holding coverage.

But as part of the letters, the IRS said most people could find plans for $75 a month or less once government subsidies were figured in.

That was untrue — in fact, the average cost was more than twice that figure, at $168 a month, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration said.

Obamacare was a lie from the beginning, with the "you can keep your doctor" fib that Obama repeated over and over. Here they even lied about how much money the plans cost.

New Calls for Criminal Investigation of Obama Aides in ‘Unmasking’ Scandal

New calls are coming in for the Justice Department to launch a criminal investigation into the “unmasking” scandal swirling around a cluster of former Obama administration officials.

The calls came as House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., identified a fourth Obama national security official as a “person of interest” who improperly “unmasked” Trump officials and leaked the information to the news media.

Rhodes’ name is now added to three other top Obama national security officials who are accused of improperly requesting the identities of Trump officials whose phone calls were intercepted by the NSA. Those names were later leaked to the media.

The three individuals are Susan Rice, Obama’s national security adviser; former CIA Director John Brennan; and former U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power.

Unmasking or identifying U.S. citizens who are communicating with foreign governments or foreign principals for genuine intelligence purposes is legal, but obtaining the identity of U.S. citizens for partisan political purposes is not permitted under any circumstances. The leaking of “unmasked” U.S. citizens to the news media is unlawful.

They don't want to cover all of the corruption that happened with Obama officials, instead they make up news about Russia and people post it here over and over.

Obama’s IRS ‘misled’ Obamacare customers: Audit

The Obama administration “misled” Americans into thinking signing up for Obamacare would be cheaper than it really was, according to an inspector general’s report Thursday that said the IRS dramatically understated the actual cost of enrolling.

IRS officials sent the letters to try to prod Americans to comply with the 2010 health law’s “individual mandate” that penalizes them for not holding coverage.

But as part of the letters, the IRS said most people could find plans for $75 a month or less once government subsidies were figured in.

That was untrue — in fact, the average cost was more than twice that figure, at $168 a month, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration said.

Obamacare was a lie from the beginning, with the "you can keep your doctor" fib that Obama repeated over and over. Here they even lied about how much the plans cost.

of course! it was never about being up front with the american people but foisting a system on us that they wanted to feed their left-wing ideological fervors...

because the democrats forgot long ago about how important the will of the people is to a free democratic process...

it's not about us but them being right instead of us...whether we agree or not! the democratic party is now the bane of what they should stand for.

• Like 1

Obamacare is basically an update of an idea that started with

the conservative Heritage Foundation, so it's hardly something

that will feed the fervor of left wingers. If the election of the POTUS

was simply based on the will of the people and not the electoral

college, Donny wouldn't be president.