Sign in to follow this  
slaytonf

What's your favorite DVD for recording, and where do you get it?

3 posts in this topic

1) JVC/Taiyo Yuden (the important part here is it came from Taiyo Yuden's production line in Japan).  I got this from an online duplication house supplier, before JVC shared the brand name.  From what I understand, it was just a marketing change.  Technically "JVC/Taiyo Yuden" is the same high quality product as when it was just called "Taiyo Yuden".

2) Verbatim AZO  (The "AZO" designation is their premium product.)  AZO is made in the factories of their parent company, Mitsubishi Chemical Company, "MCC" or similar, as computer programs such as DVD Identifier report it.  The non-AZO product is made by third party manufacturers, typically in lower-end Chinese factories, and DVD Identifier reports it as something completely different.

[i have no idea where the Verbatim Datalife line fits in]

They sell Verbatim AZO in 100 packs in my local computer superstore, for 3/4 to 1/2 the price of Taiyo Yuden online, so that is the first place I look when I need DVDs.

As always, on devices that permit, I select the two-pass write so any bad discs will be revealed.

• Like 1