Sign in to follow this  
johnseury

Hitchcock Books

3 posts in this topic

I have really enjoyed this class and have learned a lot. But one thing that I don't recall seeing mentioned are the books "by" Hitchcock: the anthologies and compilations from his mystery magazine and from popular and classic literature. Those paperbacks from Dell and other publishers were my introduction to Hitchcock in the 70s, before I saw any of his movies and his TV show. They had clever titles (Happy Deathday & Noose Report, for example) and cover art. I was also introduced to Hitchcock through the series of books for young readers with him and the Three Investigators. These whet my appetite for Hitch's mysterious doings until I was old enough to appreciate his movies and TV programs. More than you could ever want to know about Hitchcock books is available here on this page from the Hitchcock Zone website: https://the.hitchcock.zone/wiki/Hitchcock_fiction_anthologies

Happy Hitchcock!

• Like 2

Thanks, joneseury, for this post.  It reminded me of the many paperback books I bought of compiled short stories offered as Hitchcock's selections, complete with his image and name on the cover.

I bought them in the late 70's, one at a time, until I realized I had a trove of them.  I gave the books away over the years but I've always remembered the great entertainment those books brought me.  Thanks for prompting my walk down memory lane.  

Thanks to the Hitchcock anthologies and the Three Investigator books, Hitch is probably the first director I knew by name. (I probably learned the name Disney first, but I don't think I was aware of his first name, Walt, nor did I know he was a director.)