Sign in to follow this  
Alswan S

Help for a movie title

9 posts in this topic

I'm sorry fellas! I am going to give it another try. I messed up on my last two queries; I wish that I could delete it!! Here it goes: I saw a movie in the 70's about a person who was a genius but was mis-diagnosed as mentally challenged and put into an assylum for such: I don't rightly remember if it was for the hearing and speech impaired as well. He was in there for many years-10 years or so. One day one doctor noticed this man doing something intelligent. After time has passed his other peers started to agree with this find and discovered to their horror and great consternation that this man was in fact a genius. They then wanted to put him into a different ward and slowly acclimatize him to normal people then to people of genius caliber in the real world. I somwhat remember the ending but am not entirely sure. Would anyone happen to know the title. It was a true story that happened ( I believe) in mid 1960 or thereabouts.

Could be Charly;  1968

The film stars Cliff Robertson as Charly Gordon, an intellectually disabled adult who is selected by two doctors to undergo a surgical procedure that triples his IQ as it did for Algernon, a laboratory mouse who also underwent the same procedure.

I believe you're correct Sherlock.    But hey,  at least I guessed a movie that had a person's name as the title.    :lol:

Thank-you James and Slyton. I'm familiar with Flowers For the Algernon. I saw the movie and during high-school it was a read requisit, as well as The Pearl, Of Mice and Men, etc. I enjoyed every one of those stories except for Catcher in the Rye. Even though I understood the purpose I resented the character.i'll give Larry a view. Thanks again people!!