Sign in to follow this  
DickLindsay

RAINBOW RHYTHM - 1943 short subject

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have this photograph from a 1943 short called RAINBOW RHYTHM.  anyone recognize the actors here? There is no info on this short from either TCM or the IMDB

myu0010.JPG

Also, two images from THIS IS THE ARMY (Warner Brothers 1943)

myu0019.JPG

myu0021.JPG

Also, two images from THIS IS THE ARMY (Warner Brothers 1943)

myu0019.JPG

The guy sucking on the straw is Bela Lugosi (just kidding). But the guy on the right is definitely Tom D'Andrea.

Hello,

I have this photograph from a 1943 short called RAINBOW RHYTHM.  anyone recognize the actors here? There is no info on this short from either TCM or the IMDB

myu0010.JPG

The girl looks like Jean Porter.

Actually, I am not convinced that photo is from Rainbow Rhythm. The 15-minute film featured Al Donahue and his orchestra from New York's Rainbow Room, along with a few other musical acts.

thanks for your help on this!  There was no credit information on either TCM or IMDB!

yes, its from RAINBOW RHYTHM; the number on the lower right corner is the production number for that film.

DickLindsay--imdb has one  photo of Kenny Stevens, with Jeanette MacDonald from "Broadway Serenade" (1939).  Link:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0828534/mediaviewer/rm2795572480

Good find. The guy in question does appear to be Kenny Stevens, but I still think the girl is Jean Porter. She was still relatively unknown at the time and so maybe was not mentioned among the cast. I can find items on the musical stars of the film, but no other cast members.

• Like 1

Hello again,

Well, I found photographs of two lobby cards from this film (these lobby cards are not in my collection; i just found photographs online).  So, it appears we are correct that the two stars of that photograph are Martha Mears and Kenny Stevens.  

rr1.png

rr2.png

Hello again,

Well, I found photographs of two lobby cards from this film (these lobby cards are not in my collection; i just found photographs online).  So, it appears we are correct that the two stars of that photograph are Martha Mears and Kenny Stevens.  

rr1.png

rr2.png

Looking at the first poster, that is definitely Martha Mears at the bottom right, but there is also a girl upper right dancing who is not Martha Mears. Now looking at the second poster, the girl is wearing the same outfit as the dancer, and does not look like Martha Mears. But she does look like Jean Porter. :)

Looking at the first poster, that is definitely Martha Mears at the bottom right, but there is also a girl upper right dancing who is not Martha Mears. Now looking at the second poster, the girl is wearing the same outfit as the dancer, and does not look like Martha Mears. But she does look like Jean Porter. :)

It does look like Jean Porter and she could of had an un-credited role in the film.      Jean married Edward Dmytryk in 1948 and they remained married until he died in 1990.   He did cast her in The Left Hand of God (Bogie \ Tierney).     Jean is still with us.

well, looks like you're right!  I guess she had a very small role in this 'short' film.  Thanks!