Sign in to follow this  
Alswan S

Help for a title please

6 posts in this topic

Hello, and good day. I once saw a movie made in England, I believe. Time of the movie was in the '60's or early 70's. It's about two brothers and a girl. One brother is considerably shy and or akward to meet woman and to establish a friendship or date. There was a girl whom he liked but didn't feel confident enough to start a casual friendship with her. He confided with his brother of his lack of experience in this field. He asked his brother to help him. He is quite relaxed and can start a friendship with almost anyone. The shy one had a plan. He is going to bring the girl to his place.( I forgot how he managed to do that ) The plan is for the brother to hide in the apartment in a place where he can observe the couple without being noticed and watch how his brother is doing, and after tell him what he is doing wrong and how the conversation SHOULD have occurred. His brother-reluctant a first-agreed. So fast forward to the apartment scene: the older brother was watching his brother talking to his intended, but was soooo inept and awkward that the older brother couldn't stand to see his younger brother go through that torture so he stepped in and joined them and took control. Everything went smoother then. The older brother tried numerous times for to focus her attention on his younger brother and it sort of worked. After she left he explained a number of things to him what he should have said and not to have said. In time,though the older brother developed an interest in her and the younger brother figured that out and had a row with him.

Fast forward again when the younger brother had her at his place and he had a heart to heart moment with her and the two almost kissed. He broke off the moment and things went wrong. I don't want to tell the ending, but if you want to know further details to help with the title search, I'll provide it. Would anyone know this movie?

I don't know what the English movie is but. The pad and know how to use it has a similar plot.(but it's  an american movie. There's another movie called the knack and how to use it but I doubt either one is it .

I don't know what the English movie is but. The pad and know how to use it has a similar plot.(but it's an american movie. There's another movie called the knack and how to use it but I doubt either one is it .

Sounds exactly like "The Knack and How to Get It"..but the guys are friends, not brothers..probably what it is though...

I don't know what the English movie is but. The pad and know how to use it has a similar plot.(but it's  an american movie. There's another movie called the knack and how to use it but I doubt either one is it .

Hello and thanks Mary! That just might be the movie!! I saw this movie quite some time ago and the style of the film seemed British. Anyway, l'll see if I can find it on You Tube and let you know if it is indeed the film. Thanks again, Mary for the reply.

This is the best I came up with:

Thank-you for the video referral, Slyton! I took the time to watch it, and unfortunately that is not the film. It might be THE PAD AND HOW TO USE IT. If I ever come across it I'll watch and see if tha is the movie. Thank-you for bringing it to my attention!!