jaragon

Gay Love Story Casting Call...

15 posts in this topic

Which two actors would you have liked to have seen as gay couple on screen? Rob and Andrew do look cute together- actually Andrew's character in " Saint Elmo's Fire" was originally suppose to come out as gay at the end but of course they chickened out...

post-53956-0-69597700-1503762206_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Which two actors would you have liked to have seen as gay couple on screen? Rob and Andrew do look cute together- actually Andrew's character in " Saint Elmo's Fire" was originally suppose to come out as gay at the end but of course they chickened out...

So, Kevin Dolenz (Andrew McCarthy) was gay?

I knew it!  I did!

Recently, watching "Blossoms in the Dust", I wanted Robert Ryan's teacher to go after James Arness' teacher.

James Arness looked so gorgeous.

And Robert Ryan showed no real interest in Greer Garson, except in her deficiencies as a teacher.

• Like 2

I always wanted Robert Redford and Sam Waterston to get together in 1974's version of "The Great Gatsby".

Their relationship was the most fascinating in the movie, not to mention they were both absolutely gorgeous!  And Jay looked quite dapper in that pink suit!  

While it would mean rewriting Fitzgerald, Jay Gatsby needed to wake up, forget about that whiny Daisy Buchanan, and find happiness with Nick Carraway!

81c0217c1e728ca1653dabb53b2bce8b--s-styl

• Like 3

I always wanted Robert Redford and Sam Waterston to get together in 1974's version of "The Great Gatsby".

Their relationship was the most fascinating in the movie, not to mention they were both absolutely gorgeous!  And Jay looked quite dapper in that pink suit!  

While it would mean rewriting Fitzgerald, Jay Gatsby needed to wake up, forget about that whiny Daisy Buchanan, and find happiness with Nick Carraway!

Yes, it should have happened.

• Like 1

I don't think this would be much of a stretch- every film made from the book fails when casting Daisy.  But the actors playing Nick and Gatsby always have great chemistry- this was even more so in the last movie with DeCaprio and Mcguire.  Nick really does fall in love with Gatsby by the end of the book-so they really should have sailed into the sunset together

• Like 3

Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer cool, handsome, sexy- Mr Hammer will soon be lusting after some Italian twink in "Call Me by Your Name" when he really should be making out with Mr Cavill...

post-53956-0-37182600-1504132392_thumb.jpg

post-53956-0-37182600-1504132392_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I wanted Doris Day and Allyn McLerie to get together so badly in Calamity Jane. They were so much cuter than any of the pairings who did.

post-62900-0-80060300-1504157515_thumb.jpeg

post-62900-0-80060300-1504157515_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

In Top Hat, Fred Astaire's Jerry and Edward Everett Horton's Horace were always closer to each other ("Don't mind me boys") than to Ginger Roger's Dale and Helen Broderick's Madge, who likewise looked cozy together.

In both versions of Imitation of Life, what is the whole point of Steve? He doesn't do anything but play the male "love interest" for both mother and daughter, neither which seems all that sexually attracted to him. A lot more sisterly affection crosses racial barriers in that one.

It is rumored that the real Clyde Barrow was bisexual, although he did genuinely love Bonnie. Yet the movie was a little backward, given that it was filmed late '66 during that period pre-Stonewall when the movies and TV shows were both acknowledging bisexuality and homosexuality but also still pushing it into the closet further. (So many gay characters were suicide and murder victims.) Warren Beatty's character still had to be a "glamour boy" even if he isn't and he makes sure he "isn't into boys". When C.W. joins them, they make a point of showing him sleeping in another bed snoring away. He is probably the least erotic character in the movie, a Daddy's Boy who just tattoos his chest and resembles a space cadet.

Interesting side-note: he and Estelle Parsons' Blanche are the two out of five who survive the movie. Blanche is more nit-picky than romantic with brother Buck and you can sense a lot of erotic tension with Bonnie. The following year Parsons herself played a sympathetic lesbian in Rachel Rachel.

Bonnie & Clyde is so fascinating on multiple levels. It takes a looooong time for the two to consummate their relationship. Once she is pleased, after pleasing him with a published poem to stroke his ego, then there is no more killing. Instead they go into town and she buys a ceramic doll and he sports his broken sun glasses like an average "married couple". They wait for their "child" C.W. Yet they lose their cautiousness and ultimately get killed. Moral: only after Clyde could prove how heterosexual he was that he could lay down his gun and accept death and the pearly gates.

• Like 3

In Top Hat, Fred Astaire's Jerry and Edward Everett Horton's Horace were always closer to each other ("Don't mind me boys") than to Ginger Roger's Dale and Helen Broderick's Madge, who likewise looked cozy together.

In both versions of Imitation of Life, what is the whole point of Steve? He doesn't do anything but play the male "love interest" for both mother and daughter, neither which seems all that sexually attracted to him. A lot more sisterly affection crosses racial barriers in that one.

It is rumored that the real Clyde Barrow was bisexual, although he did genuinely love Bonnie. Yet the movie was a little backward, given that it was filmed late '66 during that period pre-Stonewall when the movies and TV shows were both acknowledging bisexuality and homosexuality but also still pushing it into the closet further. (So many gay characters were suicide and murder victims.) Warren Beatty's character still had to be a "glamour boy" even if he isn't and he makes sure he "isn't into boys". When C.W. joins them, they make a point of showing him sleeping in another bed snoring away. He is probably the least erotic character in the movie, a Daddy's Boy who just tattoos his chest and resembles a space cadet.

Interesting side-note: he and Estelle Parsons' Blanche are the two out of five who survive the movie. Blanche is more nit-picky than romantic with brother Buck and you can sense a lot of erotic tension with Bonnie. The following year Parsons herself played a sympathetic lesbian in Rachel Rachel.

Bonnie & Clyde is so fascinating on multiple levels. It takes a looooong time for the two to consummate their relationship. Once she is pleased, after pleasing him with a published poem to stroke his ego, then there is no more killing. Instead they go into town and she buys a ceramic doll and he sports his broken sun glasses like an average "married couple". They wait for their "child" C.W. Yet they lose their cautiousness and ultimately get killed. Moral: only after Clyde could prove how heterosexual he was that he could lay down his gun and accept death and the pearly gates.

Interesting points about Bonnie and Clyde- a gay theme movie about outlaws on the run would be cool- in the Broadway musical Clyde who was played by the very cute Jerermy Jordan is raped in prison.

• Like 3

Interesting points about Bonnie and Clyde- a gay theme movie about outlaws on the run would be cool- in the Broadway musical Clyde who was played by the very cute Jerermy Jordan is raped in prison.

I would not be that rough. We could just have the C.W. and Bonnie roles switched.

It would give new meaning to the infamous CocaCola drinking scene...

And put that movie on equal footing with this one...

• Like 3

image.thumb.jpeg.c3680ec180dcf4bd74e95e018465ee4b.jpeg

Wouldn't Stagecoach be so much better if Dallas (Claire Trevor) got together with Lucy (Louise Platt) instead of brutish John Wayne (John Wayne)? They actually had decent character development and seemed to learn from each other.

• Like 3