Sign in to follow this  
damgud

please help!

5 posts in this topic

with the price of cable and/or satellite tv climbing obnoxiously, and the price of netflix/hulu/prime etc coming to a third of the cost, it is time to be rid of cable/satellite.  the absolute ONLY thing i shall really miss is TCM....but $250/mo just to watch one channel is just not practical.  is there ANY way to continue receiving tcm...online?  i see the "watch tcm", but it requires you to have one or the other of the above greedy services.  i would gladly pay a monthly fee to continue receiving tcm...but as far as i can tell, that's not even an option.

am i missing something?

thanx!

• Sad 1

On 8/26/2017 at 3:32 PM, damgud said:

with the price of cable and/or satellite tv climbing obnoxiously, and the price of netflix/hulu/prime etc coming to a third of the cost, it is time to be rid of cable/satellite.  the absolute ONLY thing i shall really miss is TCM....but $250/mo just to watch one channel is just not practical.  is there ANY way to continue receiving tcm...online?  i see the "watch tcm", but it requires you to have one or the other of the above greedy services.  i would gladly pay a monthly fee to continue receiving tcm...but as far as i can tell, that's not even an option.

am i missing something?

thanx!

If you are familiar with Netflix/Hulu/Prime, you know about streaming services. There are at least 5 companies that include TCM in their streaming service. There is also FilmStruck, which at least mimics many of the movies on TCM. So, to answer your question, you are missing something. Do a search for cord cutters and it will take you to other options. 

I have a feeling this is one of those once and never again threads and maybe is just in the way.

EDIT: Guess I mean the OP is not coming back and it should be deleted.

• Confused 1

Two hundred and fifty dollars per MONTH! ?

What madness.

The bill for my entire monthly use of electronics is $37. $14 for www connection; $0.00 for TV (I don't watch TV at all); and merely $20 for a cheap throwaway emergency phone, (more like a pager).  No "cable" or "dish"; no wires or chargers; no video games, no streaming media, no blu-ray, no flatscreens or touchscreens, no smart -devices; no "music service", no "subscriptions" to anything, no nuttin', get outta here, go away, leave me alone!

A bookshelf of good books; a dinky little stereo system; birds chirping in the tree outside my window; and a bottle of rye whiskey is all I need.

I see this is an old thread, but AT&T has introduced Watch TV for $15 a month, a no-frills (no DVD) streaming service that includes TCM.

BLU