Sign in to follow this  
mono01

plexation

6 posts in this topic

for the last two weeks i have been getting peixation on tcm hd and sony hd channel anyone else having this problem had a tech come cover from direscv and check dish and said that the dish was fine so he replace the receiver and one day later it is still piexation on both channels . thank you.

Does your dish have a clear line-of-sight?  Are there trees in the way?  There are diagnostics that the technician can look at, though not all may think to try.  One of them shows the signal strengths of all the transponders on each satellite it receives.  Probably more than you want to think about, but definitely something a Directv technician can look at (this is easily done using the satellite receiver and TV set).

for the last two weeks i have been getting peixation on tcm hd and sony hd channel anyone else having this problem had a tech come cover from direscv and check dish and said that the dish was fine so he replace the receiver and one day later it is still piexation on both channels . thank you.

i had a tech come on over from directv and he aline my dish and put a new receiver and i am still getting judder and plix piitures on tcm hd sony hd and my local channels i live in tampa florida anyone else having this problem?

You might want to post over here too, more people who have a clue about these things:

https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums/directv-support-forum.11/

Using process of elimination... Maybe a bad LNB on the dish, or a bad Power Injector? (PI is a small box that powers up the the active electronics on the satellite dish, it is located somewhere along the coax cable, between the dish and receiver)  Also you might have an "SWM", a device with a splitter on it.  This connects the satellite dish to the Genie receiver and also the Genie clients.  The installers put my PI and SWM on the floor behind my entertainment center.  It's been sitting there just fine for three years.

It looks like mine is connected like this:

satellite dish >> power injector >>SWM splitter >> Genie receiver & clients

Of course there are other types of configurations in older installations.

On 10/3/2017 at 6:11 AM, mono01 said:

i had a tech come on over from directv and he aline my dish and put a new receiver and i am still getting judder and plix piitures on tcm hd sony hd and my local channels i live in tampa florida anyone else having this problem?

if someone can look at directv channel 256hd so let me know if that channel has judder because i still have judder on all the movies .thank you.

folks still having pixeation on tcm directv channel 256 if anyone is on this channel will you look and see this problem for me. i have replace the dish outside the lnb and new wires from lnb to new spitter also have a new receiver and still getting this problem.today date is 12/15/2017 thank you.