bocalovestheclassics

Now Playing Magazine Emailed Yet?

55 posts in this topic

They sent out an August issue, which I think was probably a test run right on August  1st. I hope TCM starts to realize that folks like to have them sooner than that.  I'm not one who needs it a month early, but a week or two would be nice.

• Like 2

As of 11:15 AM, ET, Aug 30, I have not received one.

If you want to make suggestions or requests, I recommend you write to the below address.  DO NOT bother to send emails.  Regardless of which subject you select, if you mention Now Playing Guide or anything similar, it will automatically be forwarded to the site for subscribing to the defunct NPG.

TCM Viewer Relations

1050 Techwood Drive NW

Atlanta, GA 30318

• Like 1

I still haven't received my refund from TCM for the remainder of my Now Playing Guide in print.  I email but only get a general, automated reply.  I guess I'll have to file a dispute with my credit card company.

I still have not received the September issue email and can't find a TCM email address to inquire about it.  I actually got the August edition email on Aug 15, though I already had the print edition.  I hope that's not the schedule they're on!

I still have not received the September issue email and can't find a TCM email address to inquire about it.  I actually got the August edition email on Aug 15, though I already had the print edition.  I hope that's not the schedule they're on!

I have not received the Sept. email issue either (nor a refund).

There is an email link if you go to tcm.com, go to bottom of page and click on "Contact Us."  However, my experience as recently as one week ago is that if you mention Now Playing, they will respond with a link to subscribe to the defunct print version.  Even if you categorize contact as General.

If you search around the contact us site, there is a phone number, but don't expect anything as they have no idea what is going on.

This is the address if you wish to send a letter.  I sent one last week with my phone number, but no response yet.

TCM Viewer Relations

1050 Techwood Drive NW

Atlanta, GA 30318

They sent out an August issue, which I think was probably a test run right on August  1st. I hope TCM starts to realize that folks like to have them sooner than that.  I'm not one who needs it a month early, but a week or two would be nice.

In Complete Agreement!

As of 11:15 AM, ET, Aug 30, I have not received one.

If you want to make suggestions or requests, I recommend you write to the below address.  DO NOT bother to send emails.  Regardless of which subject you select, if you mention Now Playing Guide or anything similar, it will automatically be forwarded to the site for subscribing to the defunct NPG.

TCM Viewer Relations

1050 Techwood Drive NW

Atlanta, GA 30318

RIGHT YOU ARE AND EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING IT IS!

Like everyone who has posted here I signed up for the big email Now Playing Guide and what a joke it has turned out to be. Who's running things there now? Guess they're focused on the people who pay for fan club or something. I like to get the Guide Ahead so I can scope anything that I do not want to miss -- particularly premieres. So much on this from TCM -- so little follow through.

• Like 1

I received the Now Playing Newsletter for September early this morning (Sept. 1).

Looks like they forgot to mark the TCM premieres in the 'At A Glance' section!

(Unless it's a problem I'm having in looking at the PDF on my computer for some reason.)

I'm glad we have the message board...

• Like 1

As of 10:13 ET, Sep. 01 I have not received the email NPG and I did check my spam folder, which goes back two days.  I check it before deleting.

I did receive my refund check this morning.

Logged on to tcm.com and clicked on monthly schedule.  Banner says Sept, but listings are for August.

Just signed up for the email NPG for about the fourth time.

Update:  I called TCM (800-826-1002).  They are having problems with the "download."  Also said they are fixing the monthly schedule on the site.

She verified I am in the system by name.

I registered for the email version of "Now Playing" several weeks ago and here it is, Sept. 1, and

still no email. I will probably need to re-register. For Sept. I had to manually look thru the schedule and write down the films I want to see along with the days and times they're being shown.

As of 10:13 ET, Sep. 01 I have not received the email NPG and I did check my spam folder, which goes back two days.  I check it before deleting.

I did receive my refund check this morning.

I don't know the specifics of how bulk emails  go out, but mine was time-stamped as being received at 6:02 am ET this morning (9/1)

Spoke a rep today, and he said that everyone should be getting NOW PLAYING by today, and all future ones will be emailed on the 1st of every month.

I would think they should be sending them out before the 1st of the month, like they used to send the magazine.

• Like 1

Totally unscientific, but appears from posts here that more people have NOT received them than have received them.

Pretty poor performance for something in the planning for months.  

Still have not received mine, although I do receive email notifications of posts to which I have requested notification.

• Like 1

I used the monthly schedule at tcm.com which says it is "Now Playing Guide"  in order to do a test print. Learned that my printer will do two sided if I just click a "button" for it.

However, if you do B&W only, you cannot read the Day and Date.

Also, the director and stars will not print.  As I noted earlier when I did a preview for my printer, this happened even if I selected color.

I tried to copy and past to word and print from that, but it adds a lot of gibberish to the document.

As for getting it earlier, I would send a printed letter to the TCM mailing address I listed earlier.  I have already done this.

I used the monthly schedule at tcm.com which says it is "Now Playing Guide"  in order to do a test print. Learned that my printer will do two sided if I just click a "button" for it.

However, if you do B&W only, you cannot read the Day and Date.

Also, the director and stars will not print.  As I noted earlier when I did a preview for my printer, this happened even if I selected color.

I tried to copy and past to word and print from that, but it adds a lot of gibberish to the document.

As for getting it earlier, I would send a printed letter to the TCM mailing address I listed earlier.  I have already done this.

I forget if I suggested saving it to a PDF file, and then printing from that PDF file.

I have done the first part for you.  See what happens with this:

http://moviecollector.us/tmp/mozilla.pdf