ClassicFilmMan

New Now Playing Newsletter Email

39 posts in this topic

I have yet to get an email from TCM with the "Now Playing" guide....I have subscribed a lot of times, with different emails, with different browsers. NOTHING. I have contacted TCM with my problem. NOTHING. Really frustrating.

Just for giggles, I put my email on the list two days ago. Nothing in my Inbox or Spam. Trying to contact a human at TCM doesn't seem to work at all. 

Got mine yesterday.  Did a quick scan of topics and deleted it.  Too much trouble to open all the items to find out not interested in them. 

Make sure TCM is in your contact list or you won't get it. No-reply@tcm.com (I think.)

I've tried every suggestion posted and I still have yet to receive this thing in my email. Is there anybody out there that can post the newsletter on a monthly basis?

3 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

I've tried every suggestion posted and I still have yet to receive this thing in my email. Is there anybody out there that can post the newsletter on a monthly basis?

TCM really failed us by dumping the Now Playing Guide in the mail. I dropped the newsletter by email. I did ad it back to my AOL account, and it didn't come. I added my account only a day or two before the beginning of May. TCM needs to bring back the guide in the mail. Many of us will pay more, plus TCM could put ads for all their extra stuff inside. I suggest the guide to our mailbox could be for two months at a time. Any movie substitution could be posted online and on-air. So, Janet, TCM could post the current email guide on the website, but they don't. They only post "Archive of Past Issues." I refuse to print the "Month Schedule," or even the "Full TCM Schedule" for the week. I use TCM's website on my computer or tablet. I use Windows 10 and the Google Chrome browser. Between the two, it is easy enough to print to a PDF. Most, if not all, tablets and smart phones can open and view a PDF. That is all I can suggest for now, is printing to PDF the "Month Schedule," and sending it to a tablet or phone. TCM is just LAZY. They don't even confirm you being added to the email list. I don't believe dropping the printed guide is TCM being CHEAP. NO! LAZY!

On 5/10/2018 at 1:34 PM, jimmymac71 said:

TCM really failed us by dumping the Now Playing Guide in the mail. I dropped the newsletter by email. I did ad it back to my AOL account, and it didn't come. I added my account only a day or two before the beginning of May. TCM needs to bring back the guide in the mail. Many of us will pay more, plus TCM could put ads for all their extra stuff inside. I suggest the guide to our mailbox could be for two months at a time. Any movie substitution could be posted online and on-air. So, Janet, TCM could post the current email guide on the website, but they don't. They only post "Archive of Past Issues." I refuse to print the "Month Schedule," or even the "Full TCM Schedule" for the week. I use TCM's website on my computer or tablet. I use Windows 10 and the Google Chrome browser. Between the two, it is easy enough to print to a PDF. Most, if not all, tablets and smart phones can open and view a PDF. That is all I can suggest for now, is printing to PDF the "Month Schedule," and sending it to a tablet or phone. TCM is just LAZY. They don't even confirm you being added to the email list. I don't believe dropping the printed guide is TCM being CHEAP. NO! LAZY!

I'd like to know why some members are getting this in their email while others are not. And why doesn't TCM post it somewhere? I do print out the monthly schedule because I like to have it in hand. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2018 at 7:06 AM, Janet0312 said:

I'd like to know why some members are getting this in their email while others are not. And why doesn't TCM post it somewhere? I do print out the monthly schedule because I like to have it in hand. 

We use to subscribe to the TCM guide in the mail. In the beginning, it took 2 to 3 months for the first issue to arrive. Same thing when you renew. You had to pay well in advance or skip an issue or two. I originally signed up for the email version as soon as possible. Did not get the first issue. Did get the mid-month issue, but for a few months it was sent to my junk folder. I dropped it a while back, as my new tablet was handy. But when people such as you said it didn't work, I added my name back to the list. I will post here if the 5/15 email arrives. I refuse to print the guide. I had to read the Now Playing Guide with a magnifying glass, but loved (LOVED) reading about the next month movies a little bit in advance. In a heartbeat, my household would pay $19.99 for SIX issues/year of the Now Playing Guide in the mail. Anyone else? Are you listening TCM?? EDIT: Did not receive the 5/15 email. 

Edited by jimmymac71
Update

On 5/15/2018 at 10:22 AM, TopBilled said:

I just received the Now Playing guide for June 2018, so everyone else should be getting it too:

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 10.21.06 AM.png

You must be special. Why are you getting the June newsletter and not the mid-month for May? Not sure why it has to be an email. There is no fee involved. Why not, as many of us keep asking, just put a link on the site for the newsletters? It takes a lawyer to read their privacy policy. So maybe they are collecting our names and email addresses. That is why I don't use my primary account. They did not send anything to my AOL address. With all the spam than enters this message board, I far from trust TCM with my information, regardless of how little that might be. EDIT: My web browser claims the page to signup for the newsletter is not secure! Nor is this forum! MORE EDIT: I signed up for the Roku Newsletter to the same AOL account and it worked fine. They use Feedburner.

Not Secure.jpg

Edited by jimmymac71
Additional data.

Do you like this new version tough? I just signed up for it last evening,m but still saved hefty bags of NP Guides

PLEASE FILL ME IN

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, TopBilled said:

I just received the Now Playing guide for June 2018, so everyone else should be getting it too:

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 10.21.06 AM.png

Top, what do yu think of this newest-latest online version vs NP Guide Magazine though?

33 minutes ago, spence said:

Top, what do you think of this newest-latest online version vs NP Guide Magazine though?

I like it. I prefer it online.

I signed up for, and now receive, the Roku Newsletter. That same email address still gets nothing from TCM. I find it just as easy to use the guide here on the TCM site. On the other hand, once you get into the schedule for the full month, you can't get out. Also, the HOME page link is at the bottom of the screen.