Sign in to follow this  
Alswan S

Titles of movies please

5 posts in this topic

Hello!! I noticed that TCM is going to air a number of crime films. I dooo enjoy crime films and shows. One particular genre that I enjoy is when a sleuth narrates the scenes or situations and revealing his inner thoughts etc. about his case. I do not know any titles of this genre, but have seen one or two of them in the past. Could anyone provide a a number of titles of this genre of crime films?

Hello!! I noticed that TCM is going to air a number of crime films. I dooo enjoy crime films and shows. One particular genre that I enjoy is when a sleuth narrates the scenes or situations and revealing his inner thoughts etc. about his case. I do not know any titles of this genre, but have seen one or two of them in the past. Could anyone provide a a number of titles of this genre of crime films?

A lot of noirs have the doomed man narrate the scenes and situations; e .g. Double Indemnity and Detour come to mind. 

I'll have to think of films where the sleuth (P.I or cop),  does that.  

PS:  Most police procedural films utilize voice-over narration but it isn't done by anyone appearing in the film.  

E.g. Mystery Street and The House on 92 Street come to mind. 

Dick Powell does some narration in Murder, My Sweet.

Of course, for laughs, there is Steve Martin doing it in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

A lot of noirs have the doomed man narrate the scenes and situations; e .g. Double Indemnity and Detour come to mind. 

I'll have to think of films where the sleuth (P.I or cop),  does that.  

PS:  Most police procedural films utilize voice-over narration but it isn't done by anyone appearing in the film.  

E.g. Mystery Street and The House on 92 Street come to mind.

Thank-you for the input, James and SCSU !! If you can think of others, by all means bring them to my attention. Thanks again for the input!!

Dick Powell does some narration in Murder, My Sweet.

Of course, for laughs, there is Steve Martin doing it in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

Thanks SCSU!! I'll keep out an eye for it.