Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

America's Gun Culture...

1,461 posts in this topic

Dayton was the site of the 250th mass murder in America in 2019.  I wonder how much money Trump and other Republicans will be getting from the NRA to ensure that they do NOTHING about banning these assault weapons and expanded magazines?

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hamradio said:

El Paso shooter had anti government and anti corporation views.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/investigators-reasonably-confident-texas-suspect-left-anti-immigrant-screed-tipped-n1039031

Excerpt..

The document criticized both Democrats and Republicans and expressed anti-government and anti- corporate views. The author claimed to have developed those beliefs before Trump’s presidency.

Trump’s rhetoric has unleashed the loonies in his base to follow his rhetoric to its logical conclusions.  So what if the guy had these thoughts prior to Trump, he acted to kill Mexicans/immigrants because Trump has made these groups less -than-human.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blaming trump for these 2 most recent shooting events is like blaming schtootzes cummings and lewis for the urban street violence that plagues black America.

they on the left are not going to buy their culpability any more than we will buy trump's

so screw off...

guns doan kill people. the chronic inaction of liberal politicians does.

they should stop using any event they can to go after the 2nd amendment and start getting behind the police the everyday protectors of civilization.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arturo said:

Trump’s rhetoric has unleashed the loonies in his base to follow his rhetoric to its logical conclusions.  So what if the guy had these thoughts prior to Trump, he acted to kill Mexicans/immigrants because Trump has made these groups less -than-human.  

This has always been a military tactic - make your opponent less than human.  It is why "unofficially" derogatory names have been used - hun, ****, ****, slope, ****, ad infinitum.

Not that it was ever the right thing to do, but it is one the nationalist, racist, Republicans and Trumpites have learned too well.

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arturo said:

Trump’s rhetoric has unleashed the loonies in his base to follow his rhetoric to its logical conclusions.  So what if the guy had these thoughts prior to Trump, he acted to kill Mexicans/immigrants because Trump has made these groups less -than-human.  

No one knows how much right-wing loonie violence would be occurring now IF Clinton was President.

E.g.  Clinton is President and this same loonie is watching Fox;  Fox shows the migrants living in nicely maintained detention centers, eating well, getting free stuff,  with some being released to relatives while awaiting their hearings.     All of those tax dollars spend on their foreigner!!!!       

The point being is that the loonies were already out there and that it is logical to assume they would have been even more angry and thus potentially more violence if their 'side' had lost.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

No one knows how much right-wing loonie violence would be occurring now IF Clinton was President.

E.g.  Clinton is President and this same loonie is watching Fox;  Fox shows the migrants living in nicely maintained detention centers, eating well, getting free stuff,  with some being released to relatives while awaiting their hearings.     All of those tax dollars spend on their foreigner!!!!       

The point being is that the loonies were already out there and that it is logical to assume they would have been even more angry and thus potentially more violence if their 'side' had lost.

 

Long since!

On August 1, 1966, Charles Whitman opened fire from the top of the University of Texas Tower, killing 15 people and wounding more than 30 others before police shot him dead.

university_of_texas_shooting.jpg?w=620&s

tower-documentary.jpg

sniper30a-6-web.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

No one knows how much right-wing loonie violence would be occurring now IF Clinton was President.

E.g.  Clinton is President and this same loonie is watching Fox;  Fox shows the migrants living in nicely maintained detention centers, eating well, getting free stuff,  with some being released to relatives while awaiting their hearings.     All of those tax dollars spend on their foreigner!!!!       

The point being is that the loonies were already out there and that it is logical to assume they would have been even more angry and thus potentially more violence if their 'side' had lost.

 

Have to disagree with this one.  While Fox News and other right wing internet and broadcast platforms bear blame also, Trump bears more than any other.  While the shooters were out there, Trump made it OK for them to carry through with their actions.  Just as the Nazis and others accept that Trump really in his heart supports them, but has to play the media game to denounce the actions.  When he gets around to it.

That is why it is happening so much more often - and will continue to.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that another Republican congressman (Kevin McCarthy of California) has gone on the Sunday morning spin shows to place the blame for the mass shootings on video games. 

<sigh>

Of course, the host failed to counter with the fact that the same video games are played in every other developed country in the world, and yet they don't have mass shootings like we do. Maybe it's comic books. Or rock and roll music. Or rap music. Or Dungeons & Dragons. Yeah, that's the ticket.

He also blamed it on lack of school prayer.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Have to disagree with this one.  While Fox News and other right wing internet and broadcast platforms bear blame also, Trump bears more than any other.  While the shooters were out there, Trump made it OK for them to carry through with their actions.  Just as the Nazis and others accept that Trump really in his heart supports them, but has to play the media game to denounce the actions.  When he gets around to it.

That is why it is happening so much more often - and will continue to.

Bogie is right in that you have difficulty understanding people.    Like I said NO ONE knows how Clinton becoming President would have impacted the minds of these loonies.    NO ONE.

You post 'so much more often';   Uh,  again,  NO ONE know how often these type of shooting would have occurred if Clinton had won.     I.e. maybe there would have been less,,,  maybe there would have been more.

 So to me I didn't post anything that one can agree OR disagree with.   (I posted 'potentially more violence' not that there would be more violence).

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Bogie is right in that you have difficulty understanding people.    Like I said NO ONE knows how Clinton becoming President would have impacted the minds of these loonies.    NO ONE.

You post 'so much more often';   Uh,  again,  NO ONE know how often these type of shooting would have occurred if Clinton had won.     I.e. maybe there would have been less,,,  maybe there would have been more.

 So to me I didn't post anything that one can agree OR disagree with. 

James originally said "The point being is that the loonies were already out there and that it is logical to assume they would have been even more angry and thus potentially more violence if their 'side' had lost." 

You clearly stated that if Clinton had won, there would be just as many or more mass shootings.  I clearly understood your post.  

The FACT is that mass shootings ARE happening more often and with more casualties under Trump than ever before.  Might add here that these "loonies" that you clearly state have always been out there did not engage in this many mass shootings under Obama in the same period of time, if at all.

So, you did post something that someone can disagree with.  You said that Trump has had no impact on the increase in mass shootings.

As for Bogie, yes he has difficulty in accepting a contradictory opinion to the many things he grabs from the internet and posts here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Texas Lieutenant Governor says it's not firearms or white supremacy that caused yesterday's massacre in El Paso,
 
it's that kids don't pray in school anymore
 
:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Shooting in Dayton, Ohio, kills at least 9 people and injures 27; suspect also dead

Reports from local media and eyewitness accounts to NBC News suggest the shooting took place outside of Ned Peppers Bar, in the heart of Dayton's Oregon District.
 

Any word on the motive?  Did he intentionally shoot his sister?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
What's sickening, is that tomorrow Christians will fill churches
 
and publicly lament the deaths in #ElPaso
 
—and then go right on applauding the vile, racist, incendiary filth this President produces,
 
while chanting "build that wall," hugging their guns,
 
and saying they love Jesus.
 
<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I see that another Republican congressman (Kevin McCarthy of California) has gone on the Sunday morning spin shows to place the blame for the mass shootings on video games. 

<sigh>

Of course, the host failed to counter with the fact that the same video games are played in every other developed country in the world, and yet they don't have mass shootings like we do. Maybe it's comic books. Or rock and roll music. Or rap music. Or Dungeons & Dragons. Yeah, that's the ticket.

He also blamed it on lack of school prayer.

It's parents not teaching right from wrong.  Things in life don't always go the way you want- deal with it. LIFE IS NOT FAIR!!  Devaluing human life - we'll no better than the animals that climbed out of the so called primordial ooze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hamradio said:

It's parents not teaching right from wrong.  Things in life don't always go the way you want- deal with it. LIFE IS NOT FAIR!!  Devaluing human life - we'll no better than the animals that climbed out of the so called primordial ooze.

So, if parents did their jobs, we would be able to abolish all law enforcement agencies?  Not to mention churches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheCid said:

So, if parents did their jobs, we would be able to abolish all law enforcement agencies?  Not to mention churches.

Now that's a silly response, the law will have less to contend with.  We will always have incorrigibles in any given society, no amount of teaching or punishment will ever change that. Had a couple of kids back during the 1960's like that, both eventually wound up dead from their  behaviour .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hamradio said:

It's parents not teaching right from wrong.  Things in life don't always go the way you want- deal with it. LIFE IS NOT FAIR!!  Devaluing human life - we'll no better than the animals that climbed out of the so called primordial ooze.

Parents might be teaching their kids right from wrong and they may be getting some good education in the schools.

But it looks like quite a few of these young white men who come from decent middle-class homes have been radicalized by the alt right extreme right-wing online white supremacy movement.

As trump takes more and more money away from the scrutinization of these alt right groups, it really does crippled the FBI,

it really does hamper the FBI,

It really does hurt the FBI

in trying to track down these people and reach them before they kill more Americans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Parents might be teaching their kids right from wrong and they may be getting some good education in the schools.

But it looks like quite a few of these young white men who come from decent middle-class homes have been radicalized by the alt right extreme right-wing online white supremacy movement.

As trump takes more and more money away from the scrutinization of these alt right groups, it really does crippled the FBI,

it really does hamper the FBI,

It really does hurt the FBI

in trying to track down these people and reach them before they kill more Americans.

When I was a young teenager, I knew about the far left and right.  No amount of their rhetoric would had me seeing it their way. My church, schools and parents taught me well.  Hate groups were quite active when I was young.

3112182_2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hamradio said:

When I was a young teenager, I knew about the far left and right.  No amount of their rhetoric would had me seeing it their way. My church, schools and parents taught me well.  Hate groups were quit active when I was young.

3112182_2.jpg

And when former Gov. Ronald Reagan of CA announced his run for the Republican nomination for president, he went to Philadelphia Mississippi to do it.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hamradio said:

When I was a young teenager, I knew about the far left and right.  No amount of their rhetoric would had me seeing it their way. My church, schools and parents taught me well.  Hate groups were quit active when I was yong.

3112182_2.jpg

The fruits of white supremacy :murder and violence is the name of a thread that I created which is dedicated to these three heroic civil rights workers.

I think the time period You're talking about is the Civil Rights Movement that was led by the Reverend Martin Luther King jr. In the 1960's. It was much opposed by the Ku Klux Klan. But the klan has been around a whole lot longer than our lifetimes.

 What has really helped alt right groups like The klan is the internet and the power of an anonymity and the power of mass truly mass communication in private.

The Charlottesville unite the right Riot/ rally was an example of what that alt-right internet movement is doing.

Charlottesville is the riot witch resulted in the death of a young woman.

That was the riot where these alt right young men got out of control and one of them murdered a young woman. That young man is serving life in prison.

Charlottesville will go down in history

as the public moment where a president refused to denounce neo-nazis and white supremacists.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shooter in Ohio has been shot dead by the police as he was in the act of murdering innocent victims.

The shooter was a young white man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What we know about the Dayton shooting

  • Nine people were killed and 27 others were injured early Sunday. The gunman was also killed.
  • The suspect was identified as 24-year-old Connor Betts, of Bellbrook, Ohio. Betts did not have a record with police.
  • Betts used an assault-style rifle, a .223 caliber weapon with high capacity magazines and wore body armor during the shooting.
  • Multiple law enforcement officials told CBS News there is not a hate crime nexus yet in the Dayton shooting, which occurred outside Ned Peppers bar in the Oregon District of Dayton.
  • Law enforcement officials confirmed the suspect's sister, Megan Betts, 22, was among the nine victims.

 

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/dayton-ohio-shooting-suspect-connor-betts-9-killed-mass-shooting-today-2019-08-04-live-updates/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

liberals wanna pretend there ain't no solution when there always has been...

until they started attacking it!

take dylann roof who sits in a cell with free room and board and food and medical coverage thanks to liberals who have weakened criminal justice and our sense of reasonable justice. it is they who will secure for this newest berserker free penal housing and not us on the right...

we conservatives think he oughta be executed after a prompt trial and sentencing.

it is the democrats and their enablers who will bleed for him and not the remaining contingent of sane americans.

we say give the families of the slain justice! murderous berserkerism deserves forfeiture of life.

it is the left who will oppose the above.

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7/29/2019 at 4:42 PM, mr6666 said:

Gilroy Garlic Festival gunman referred to 'Might is Right' manifesto before shooting

Santino William Legan used an AK-47-style rifle he bought legally in Nevada to kill three and wound a dozen more.

 

"The gunman who killed three people and wounded a dozen more at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in Northern California was an angry 19-year-old who had recently waded into the world of white supremacy.

Santino William Legan, who was shot dead by police Sunday before he could do more damage,

posted online about an 1890 racist manifesto, “Might is Right or The Survival of the Fittest,” NBC News confirmed.

 

“Read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard,” Legan posted on his Instagram page. He then used a slurs against mixed-race people and misogynistic descriptions of white Silicon Valley workers, complaining about "hordes" of them "overcrowding" towns.....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gilroy-garlic-festival-gunman-referenced-might-right-manifesto-shortly-shooting-n1035781

:(

 

On 7/29/2019 at 5:37 PM, mr6666 said:

" The Nevada gun shop that sold him the gun expressed remorse for the shooting, and questioned whether 19-year-olds should be allowed to purchase guns. "We feel so sorry for the Families of the CA shooting," the shop wrote on Facebook.

"May the POS rest in Hell. Maybe people need to be 21 to buy?" ......

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gilroy-garlic-festival-shooting-suspect-santiago-legan-posted-about-far-right-book-moments-before-shooting/

 

On 7/29/2019 at 6:49 PM, mr6666 said:

Santino William Legan -- the White Supremacist who murdered a 6-year-old boy and 13-year-old girl in Gilroy, CA -- was 19 years old.

 

He was able to cross state lines to Nevada to legally purchase an AK-47 to murder those children.

 

NONE OF THIS makes any sense.

================================

 

& why Assault Ban, FOR EXAMPLE,  has to be FEDERAL LAW !!

<_<

Mr 6:

Was it just a week ago that we were all talking about and upset about a mass shooting in Northern California at a food festival?

And today we are talking about and all upset about a mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso Texas.

Two young white men radicalized By online extreme right-wing hatred are the perpetrators in both crimes.

Americans need to think about some national leadership which will take them beyond all of this hatred and violence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us