Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

America's Gun Culture...

1,451 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

you guys have  some weird senses of humor........ <_<

giphy.gif

Yep, and just reminder to the MAGA wingnuts that you can't paint us all with the same brush.....

F2botZS.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hamradio said:

Could always move to Syria.

So you believe Syria is safer.    

19 hours ago, mr6666 said:

you guys have  some weird senses of humor........ <_<

giphy.gif

We'll try harder not to offend you or your church group.

• Confused 1

Don't expect McConnell or Trump to really do anything about gun violence, gun restrictions or anything related to it.  McConnell could care less about what the majority of people in America think - he is solely concerned with what the voters in KY will think in Nov. 2020.  Trump needs McConnell and he knows it, so he will pander to those same voters there and elsewhere.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Reasons to Be Skeptical About Trump’s Embrace of Gun Control

"..... Donald Trump said, on Twitter, “Serious discussions are taking place between House and Senate leadership on meaningful Background Checks. I have also been speaking to the NRA, and others, so that their very strong views can be fully represented and respected.” In a second tweet, Trump added, “I am the biggest Second Amendment person there is, but we all must work together for the good and safety of our Country. Common sense things can be done that are good for everyone!” .......

opinion polls show overwhelming public support for enhanced gun-control measures, including the elimination of loopholes in the current background-check system, which doesn’t apply to unlicensed gun sellers .....

The usual pattern, which the N.R.A. and other opponents of gun control rely on, is for the political momentum behind gun-control efforts to ebb as memories of the latest atrocity recede. Congress isn’t due back until September 9th, which is a full month away. ....

there is a possibility that Trump will try to tie any gun-control measures he endorses to immigration-law changes that Democrats oppose, .......

Trump has already passed on the most urgent need in the issue: a restoration of the Clinton-era ban on assault weapons, which mass shooters used, in the span of a week, ....

As other countries have demonstrated, by far the most effective way to keep assault weapons out of the hands of these individuals is to ban their sale in the first place. ......

That isn’t going to happen. "

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/some-reasons-to-be-skeptical-about-trumps-embrace-of-gun-control?utm_source=twitter&amp;utm_brand=tny&amp;utm_medium=social&amp;mbid=social_twitter&amp;utm_social-type=owned

<_<

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Nearly All Of Mexico's Gun Violence Is Committed With Illegal Firearms Coming From U.S., Officials Says

.......The underground trade of weapons to Mexico is worth hundreds of millions of dollars annually—with American guns used to kill tens of thousands of Mexicans each year.

In addition to weapons from the States working better, Mexico cartels view firearms as status symbols, retired DEA agent Jack Riley told The San Diego Union-Tribune: "It is really important to these criminal organizations, who stay in business by the threat of violence and through the use of violence; and the tools that they prefer to do that with are American-made guns."

Tijuana's Director of Public Safety, Marco Antonio Sotomayor, says most of the guns flowing into his city come from north of the border.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

Nearly All Of Mexico's Gun Violence Is Committed With Illegal Firearms Coming From U.S., Officials Says

.......The underground trade of weapons to Mexico is worth hundreds of millions of dollars annually—with American guns used to kill tens of thousands of Mexicans each year.

In addition to weapons from the States working better, Mexico cartels view firearms as status symbols, retired DEA agent Jack Riley told The San Diego Union-Tribune: "It is really important to these criminal organizations, who stay in business by the threat of violence and through the use of violence; and the tools that they prefer to do that with are American-made guns."

Tijuana's Director of Public Safety, Marco Antonio Sotomayor, says most of the guns flowing into his city come from north of the border.

It's a Gun Invasion!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Biden pens NYT op-ed calling for bringing back assault weapons ban

....."We have to get these weapons of war off our streets," Biden wrote. 

Biden said he helped lead the effort along with Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.) to get the bill passed in 1994, and said he "fought hard to extend" the ban in 2004. 

"The Republicans who allowed these laws to expire asserted that they were ineffective. But, almost 15 years after the bans expired, with the unfortunate benefit of hindsight, we now know that they did make a difference," Biden wrote. 

In his op-ed, Biden cites police departments reporting an increase in criminals using assault weapons since 2004.

" Shooters looking to inflict mass carnage choose assault weapons with high-capacity magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds. They choose them because they want to kill as many people as possible without having to stop and reload." ...........

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/457041-biden-pens-nyt-op-ed-calling-for-bringing-back-assault-weapons-ban

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

It's a Gun Invasion!

Maybe a secured border can work BOTH ways.

Merry Christmas and don't shoot your eye out.

ScottsdaleGunClub.jpg

And all Ralphie got was that crappy BB gun. :blink::lol:

xu3szhm3glpgao2vfhwd.jpg

PAY-Santa-with-Guns.jpg

Yes!!! I love it! Now just get out there and use them! I want those bodies stacked up like fire logs! The bullets will provide the red, and Mother Nature will provide the green, if given enough time! It'll be Christmas, America-style!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Maybe a secured border can work BOTH ways.

If employers like trump weren't hiring illegal immigrants, then they wouldn't be coming over here in droves.

They're coming to find jobs and to make a living to improve life for their families.

The people who hire them are the real criminals and are enjoying taking advantage of these people as if they were slaves.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Merry Christmas and don't shoot your eye out.

ScottsdaleGunClub.jpg

And all Ralphie got was that crappy BB gun. :blink::lol:

xu3szhm3glpgao2vfhwd.jpg

PAY-Santa-with-Guns.jpg

Ham, Looks like this is the true meaning of Christmas for you.

JOYEUX NOEL!

• Haha 1

Some Dems running for President (E.g. Warren) are calling for WalMart to stop selling guns.     Hopefully WalMart doesn't listen to them since Walmart is a responsible seller of guns;   E.g. the staff follows all of the state and Federal gun laws associated with the selling of firearms as well as self-imposed 'controls' (like not selling to anyone under 21 regardless if the state has such a law (like CA) or not).

If Walmart was to announce they were going to stop selling guns, gun sales from others would increase big-time (as part of a protest),  and there would be more sales at gun-shows and by dealers that cut corners. 

Until additional laws are passed to address how guns are sold (e.g. mandatory waiting period,  background checks, no out-of-state sales,  or mail-order,  etc...)   Walmart is a preferred seller.    

One thing that will NOT happen is LESS guns being sold if WalMart stopped selling them.

3 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Some Dems running for President (E.g. Warren) are calling for WalMart to stop selling guns.     Hopefully WalMart doesn't listen to them since Walmart is a responsible seller of guns;   E.g. the staff follows all of the state and Federal gun laws associated with the selling of firearms as well as self-imposed 'controls' (like not selling to anyone under 21 regardless if the state has such a law (like CA) or not).

If Walmart was to announce they were going to stop selling guns, gun sales from others would increase big-time (as part of a protest),  and there would be more sales at gun-shows and by dealers that cut corners. 

Until additional laws are passed to address how guns are sold (e.g. mandatory waiting period,  background checks, no out-of-state sales,  or mail-order,  etc...)   Walmart is a preferred seller.    

One thing that will NOT happen is LESS guns being sold if WalMart stopped selling them.

I'm not an expert on their business practices, but my local Wal-Mart doesn't sell assault or "assault-style" weapons, either. The gun section is rather small, considering the area I live in is very pro-gun and hunting a prevalent pastime. All I ever see there are shotguns and a few hunting rifles.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I'm not an expert on their business practices, but my local Wal-Mart doesn't sell assault or "assault-style" weapons, either. The gun section is rather small, considering the area I live in is very pro-gun and hunting a prevalent pastime. All I ever see there are shotguns and a few hunting rifles.

It is my understanding Wal-Mart stopped the selling of certain guns at all of their stores (around the same time they said they wouldn't sell to those under 21).    All post-Parkland? 

Warren actually called for a boycott of Wal-Mart until they change their policy.   Clearly Warren didn't give this latest 'plan' much though.     She wants people to go to the type of gun dealer as seen in Pulp Fiction!   

• Like 1

I don't understand why Dems would be asking Wal-Mart alone to stop selling guns.  How are they really different from all the other retail businesses that sell guns?  Cheaper maybe.

In reality, there are going to be no changes to how guns are sold in US.  Some liberal states may impose some minor changes above those they already have, but rest of states (and Congress) will continue to do business as usual.

8 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I don't understand why Dems would be asking Wal-Mart alone to stop selling guns.  How are they really different from all the other retail businesses that sell guns?  Cheaper maybe.

In reality, there are going to be no changes to how guns are sold in US.  Some liberal states may impose some minor changes above those they already have, but rest of states (and Congress) will continue to do business as usual.

Wal-Mart sells more guns than any other retailer and a few recent mass shooting have been at their stores. 

Those are the reasons some Dems have called out the retailer (a sound-bite that is easy to understand).       Yea,  these Dems are very misguided.

Just now, jamesjazzguitar said:

Wal-Mart sells more guns than any other retailer and a few recent mass shooting have been at their stores. 

Those are the reasons some Dems have called out the retailer.       Yea,  these Dems are very misguided.

I would imagine Wal-Mart sells more than any other retailer because they have far more locations than the other retailers that sell guns.  For example:  Academy Sports.  I don't get flyers for Wal-Mart in my daily paper, but I do get one once per week from Academy Sports and a couple of other "sports" business that sell a lot of guns.

It always amazes me the types of guns and other "equipment" they sell.  In Vietnam I carried either a 45 pistol or an M16 with maybe one extra magazine.  In the Gulf War I carried a 45 with two extra magazines.  All the protection I needed.