Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

America's Gun Culture...

1,463 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, riiiiight James. Yeah, MAYBE we'll even set a record in 2018 and get up to even 40 percent of eligible registered voters getting of their fat lazy "disenfranchised" butts and voting in this coming Mid-Term elections...MAYBE!

(...yep, sorry James, you superfluous-u user you, but you've got a LOT to learn about America and Americans, young sir, and the unfortunate tendency in this country to be apathetic)

You live in AZ.   Aren't the majority of people in your state against so called rational gun control?   So I don't know if increased voter turnout would help elect pro-gun-control Republicans but helping pro-gun-control politicians win office is the only practical way to move forward.     

As for people being apathetic;  I clearly understand that.   That was the main thrust behind what I posted;  stop crying and name calling,  and rally your fellow citizens for change!     If these fellow citizens are apathetic then blame them and NOT the NRA, the GOP,  Trump etc.......  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hamradio said:

Good timing on what just happened.  I am totally against the hunting of big cats.  Worst the snow leopards are an endangered species. :(

 

A petition has been launched to bring a US trophy hunter to justice after he shot a rare  snow leopard and was pictured grinning with the body.

 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/trophy-hunter-shot-rare-snow-leopard-photo-petition-hossein-golabchi-a8038821.html

That's good to hear. A little over a year ago last fall a picture was making the rounds on the boards of the two Trump boys posing  with their big guns  and their big prize of a dead leopard --that I"m assuming they shot some place in Africa.

I wonder if anybody else remembers that ugly photo with those two  grinning idiots and that Beautiful dead animal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunting wild beasts is a recreational practice and a sport going back thousands of years. you simply cannot assert that thousands of recreational hunters worldwide enjoying a timeless sport are fiends.

Image result for frank buck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Hunting wild beasts is a recreational practice and a sport going back thousands of years. you simply cannot assert that thousands of recreational hunters worldwide enjoying a timeless sport are fiends.

Image result for frank buck

Nip-- Did you read your own illustration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

You live in AZ.   Aren't the majority of people in your state against so called rational gun control?   So I don't know if increased voter turnout would help elect pro-gun-control Republicans but helping pro-gun-control politicians win office is the only practical way to move forward.     

As for people being apathetic;  I clearly understand that.   That was the main thrust behind what I posted;  stop crying and name calling,  and rally your fellow citizens for change!     If these fellow citizens are apathetic then blame them and NOT the NRA, the GOP,  Trump etc.......  

I'm not sure this could be said of the citizens located in larger cities such as Phoenix or Tucson, James. As is often the case and often regardless the state being examined, the more rural the citizen, the more likely they're to oppose gun control.

Also, in this state of Arizona, there are more "liberal spheres of influence" such as here in beautiful picturesque Sedona where people go to die, ahem, I mean retire, and just up Oak Creek Canyon from here in the college town of Flagstaff where Northern Arizona University is located.

(...but in general, yes, AZ is still pretty much a "red state", but with each passing election it seems to be turning a little more "purple") 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I'm not sure this could be said of the citizens located in larger cities such as Phoenix or Tucson, James. As is often the case and often regardless the state being examined, the more rural the citizen, the more likely they're to oppose gun control.

Also, in this state of Arizona, there are more "liberal spheres of influence" such as here in beautiful picturesque Sedona where people go to die, ahem, I mean retire, and just up Oak Creek Canyon from here in the college town of Flagstaff where Northern Arizona University is located.

(...but in general, yes, AZ is still pretty much a "red state", but with each passing election it seems to be turning a little more "purple") 

The best most open \ honest thing Obama ever said was 'they cling to their guns and religion'.    To me this sums up what is going on.    As a atheist,  non gun owner,  (non white) I don't have a lot of respect for those with that view,  but I understand that they are a majority in most states.     Therefore it is silly to ask questions like 'how could they pass that anti-gay law,  or not be for 'rational' gun control.   The force is strong in those folks! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

you simply cannot assert that thousands of recreational hunters worldwide enjoying a timeless sport are fiends.

Recreational hunters worldwide are fiends.

Wow, I managed to assert that after all. Amazing what one can do when they set their mind to it.

Didn't that circus just go out of business?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Daniel Boone was a fiend???:o

I can't really say, as I never met him. And I was never discussing the distant past. In all likelihood, Boone hunted what he needed for food, protection, furs and skins for clothing, etc. I doubt he spent a lot of time killing animals just for kicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Hunting wild beasts is a recreational practice and a sport going back thousands of years. you simply cannot assert that thousands of recreational hunters worldwide enjoying a timeless sport are fiends.

 

The snow leopard is an endangered species which increased the anger among people.  The only exception I would make in killing big cats, if they immediately threatens human life.  The number of big cats has dwindled significantly worldwide

Zimbabwe's Lion Guard program goes the extra mile to protect both humans and lions.

https://wtop.com/africa/2015/10/zimbabwes-lion-guard-program-helps-protect-rural-villages/

 

I have no problem with hunting wild animals i.e. deer, buffalo  long as there is no wanton waste which Alaska has the harshest penalties. 

 

In some parts of the country deer population is out of control, hunting them can solve 2 problems at the same time - car accidents and feeding the poor. (and you get the trophey as a bonus)

1-deer-200-meals-v2.png?345

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

historically the above is where the democrats always get it wrong...

 

instead of banning guns how about banning criminals and consigning them to jail for lengthy sentences which the democrats have not wanted to do since the 1960s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guns doan kill people rather criminals mollycoddled by a judicial system weakened by liberal democrats decades ago do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rush limbaugh is absolutely right. anti-societal misanthropy can be traced right back to the democrat party of the 1960s.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

rush limbaugh is absolutely right. anti-societal misanthropy can be traced right back to the democrat party of the 1960s.

 

Yeah --You can also trace opiod- Oxycontin addiction right back to Rush Limbaugh as well! But you can't blame Rush, he had too much money to buy crack cocaine.  LMREO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

If we can't beat them join them, no red blooded American male can resist this!

 

....she knows where she can put it.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

When Hollywood was great...

Is it true that Ladd was standing on a foot stool in that scene?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, darkblue said:

Is it true that Ladd was standing on a foot stool in that scene?

Jean Arthur was 5' 3" and Ladd 5' 6" so it looks like Ladd is on a half-foot stool.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us