Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

HOLLYWOOD NEWS

129 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Maybe the next sequel will do better...Jyn has a kid, "The Little Jedi".:P

jade-jedi-padawan-epic-child-photography

The next big civil rights struggle of our time. CNN: ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ Is ‘Inherently Sexist,’ Should Be ‘Retired

MQMAg6Zd?format=jpg&name=600x314

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/25/cnn-its-a-wonderful-life-inherently-sexist-should-be-retired/

Sad...not my father's country...nor mine...

On 12/25/2017 at 9:04 PM, JakeHolman said:

The next big civil rights struggle of our time. CNN: ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ Is ‘Inherently Sexist,’ Should Be ‘Retired

MQMAg6Zd?format=jpg&name=600x314

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/25/cnn-its-a-wonderful-life-inherently-sexist-should-be-retired/

Sad...not my father's country...nor mine...

The far-right considered this movie "communist propaganda" back in the day and it would have been banned if they had their way though I do agree that there aren't really sexist themes in it.

the great problem with liberalism. remember where we are going but first forget where we have been.

"you can't play with it like that, laura. soon, you don't know who you are." -burt lancaster, lawman

Image result for burt lancaster lawman

Regarding:  It's a Wonderful Life

Is this female that I'm sorry I share a gender with aware that there's another version of the story, It Happened One Christmas, that as the roles reversed?  Marlo Thomas is Mary but she is the one who saves her company and the town from Potter with loyal support from husband George (Wayne Rogers) and the townspeople.  I actually saw this one before the original which I'd never heard of before that.  After seeing and enjoying this new one for a couple of seasons I finally caught the first one and liked it too.  The central theme is the same regardless of the sex of the main character.     

I thought the battle was for equal rights for both men and women under the law.  This one sounds like she expects us to take over the world and men can just take it or roll over and die.  That's equal?    

On 12/24/2017 at 3:02 PM, hamradio said:

You thought the Death Star was destructive.:blink:

captain-phasma-gwendoline-christie-99870

Brunhilde ... updated.

On December 29, 2017 at 4:48 AM, JakeHolman said:

Surprise Surprise ...  a multi-multi-millionaire applauds Trump's new tax plan.  

What a bunch of maroons.

The latest 'oh, my,  this actress got less money than this man' with Wahlberg and Williams sounds like just more BS crying by women.

The real questions here are:  Why did Williams agent accept what appears to be very low pay?   Was it because her prior contract include re-shoots as part of the terms,   but Wahlberg's didn't?     

The question is NOT: why did they low ball Williams?    This re-shoot, due to removing Kevin Spacey from the film, cost the studio a lot of money;  the job of the producers and director is to keep cost as low as possible.    

When compensation is based on negotiation there is NO concept of too-little or too-much paid.  It is what one can negotiate.     So to me the only one at fault here is Williams' agent;  all the agent had to do was demand that Williams receives 80% of whatever Wahlberg gets for the re-shoot.   Especially in this case where to remove Williams from the film just wasn't an option.  I.e. ALL the ace cards were with Williams' agents:  the clown just didn't know how to play poker!!!!