Jlewis

A discrete discussion on "adult" films and their social impact

130 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jaragon said:

Yes in a gay love story written by Jerry Douglas who should be given credit for "Score" classic appeal.  Grant did play a bisexual man in Douglas'es "Both Ways" (1975)

There is one you should review for us all. Both that and Radley Metzger's Naked Came The Stranger were shot fairly close together in 1974 with both Gerald Grant and Darby Lloyd Rains.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rayban said:

I would guess that Radley Metzger was a bisexual man.

I saw Calvin Culver at a revival screening of "Score".

He was in the company of a really beautiful woman.

Not one person approached him and congratulated him.

Perhaps his beauty and allure was just too much.

score+2.JPG

Yeah, you mentioned that before. That must have been an interesting celebrity spotting even if you suggested he seemed unhappy. Read up that he died in Inverness, about an hour northwest of Orlando, Florida and his ashes were distributed in the ocean.

Apparently when the film was revived yet again in the nineties, Metzger himself discovered that Grant had recently died as well.

• Like 2

" Both Ways" seems hard to find- ( oh it's the tagline)  "Score" deserves the Criterion treatment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jlewis said:

There is one you should review for us all. Both that and Radley Metzger's Naked Came The Stranger were shot fairly close together in 1974 with both Gerald Grant and Darby Lloyd Rains.

1 minute ago, Jlewis said:

Yeah, you mentioned that before. That must have been an interesting celebrity spotting even if you suggested he seemed unhappy. Read up that he died in Inverness, about an hour northwest of Orlando, Florida and his ashes were distributed in the ocean.

Apparently when the film was revived yet again in the nineties, Metzger himself discovered that Grant had recently died as well.

Grant and Culver were good performers- but Culver I think really had mainstream star potential- is it possible that his open sexuality stood in the way of a Hollywood career?

• Like 1

I actually saw Ingrid Bergman and Calvin Culver on Broadway in "Captain Brassbound's Conversion".

• Like 2