Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Another man behaving badly in Hollywood — this time, Harvey Weinstein. What a shocker

510 posts in this topic

UcpfGkHu_bigger.jpg CafeNetAmerica @cafenetamerica 4h4 hours ago

Trump responds to Harvey Weinstein sex abuse as Hillary and Hollywood hypocrites remain mum http://dlvr.it/Pt9QZj  #tcot

Last time I checked it was Trump who bragged about molesting women, not Hillary. Talk about hypocrites, including a poster like Jake who refuses to address the issue of his Emperror trying to out his fingers under womens' clothes. Yet Jake is oh so busy pointing his fingers at others for doing the same thing.

Last time I checked it was Trump who bragged about molesting women, not Hillary. Talk about hypocrites, including a poster like Jake who refuses to address the issue of his Emperror trying to out his fingers under womens' clothes. Yet Jake is oh so busy pointing his fingers at others for doing the same thing.

your side cannot hope to highlight anybody's hypocrisy while your side's hollywood sympathizers to the exact same thing.

:P  :lol: 

"won't wash." -gregory peck, marooned

your side cannot hope to highlight anybody's hypocrisy while your side's hollywood sympathizers to the exact same thing.

:P  :lol: 

You're always busy declaring "sides," Nip. I'm saying that ANY Trump supporter pointing fingers at loose Hollywood morals is a hypocrite since they know the man they elected President did the same thing.

You, Jake, Movie Madness, all with your feigned "outrage" over Hollywood - you're all a bunch of two faced PHONIES!!!

Can you please post some quotes, with links, of politicians or people in Hollywood defending Weinstein after these accusations came to light? Thanks.

• Like 1

You're always busy declaring "sides," Nip. I'm saying that ANY Trump supporter pointing fingers at loose Hollywood morals is a hypocrite since they know the man they elected President did the same thing.

You, Jake, Movie Madness, all with your feigned "outrage" over Hollywood - you're all a bunch of two faced PHONIES!!!

I'm not outraged about weinstein but a lot of liberals seem to be. so is your msm. I'm curious just how many films with liberal perspectives and starring notable liberal actors and actresses have been greenlighted and subsidized by this pervert.

I'm not outraged about weinstein but a lot of liberals seem to be. so is your msm. I'm curious just how many films with liberal perspectives and starring notable liberal actors and actresses have been greenlighted and subsidized by this pervert.

Trump bragged about grabbing a woman in her private parts, saying he could get away with it because he was a celebrity. If he did that, does that make him a pervert in your opinion?

Can you please post some quotes, with links, of politicians or people in Hollywood defending Weinstein after these accusations came to light? Thanks.

the democrats are trying to softpeddle this pervert. shouldn't that be important to liberal hollywood celebs who routinely mock trump for the same type of behavior?

hey, it's their call. if they are so angry over our tolerance of trump's foibles then by all means they can keep weinstein the pervert in their midst. :D

Trump bragged about grabbing a woman in her private parts. If he did that, does that make him a pervert in your opinion?

yes, but I'm happy if he ain't done it lately. :lol:

the democrats are trying to softpeddle this pervert. 

That's nice. Now could you provide some quotes, with links, that support that assertion? I'm just trying to determine if you're completely full of **** like usual.

yes, but I'm happy if he ain't done it lately. :lol:

So then why are so so happy that the President of the United States is a pervert? To say that he hasn't done it recently - how do you know?

So then why are so so happy that the President of the United States is a pervert? To say that he hasn't done it recently - how do you know?

I'm not happy he might be a groper. I just doan obsess about it...the same way the democrats never obsessed on bill clinton having oral sex underneath his oval office desk courtesy of monica lewinsky.

:lol: 

I'm not happy he might be a groper. I just doan obsess about it...the same way the democrats never obsessed on bill clinton having oral sex underneath his oval office desk courtesy of monica lewinsky.

:lol: 

doan you people on the other side get it??? how on earth can you exhibit moral outrage in regards to trump when the democrats were as cool as can be in regards to bill clinton's hillbilly love? the democrat party has total zero credibility on complaining about immoral behavior.

I'd call Trump and Weinstein birds of a feather. Women have

also made complaints of sexual harassment against Donny. 

"A Democratic senator says it “probably makes sense” for all arms of the party that have received contributions from disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein to return it or donate it to charity.

Some congressional Democrats have started to give charities thousands of dollars in donations from Weinstein — after a New York Times report detailed he settled sexual harassment lawsuits with at least eight women....

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/democratic-senator-says-makes-sense-reject-weinstein-contributions/

I'd call Trump and Weinstein birds of a feather. Women have

also made complaints of sexual harassment against Donny.

It's not just sexual harassment that brings these two together --tacky trump and Hollywood Harvey - - they both act like they're uncivilized.

They have no respect for others and don't know how to treat people.

They both feel like they're rich white men who are entitled and they can do anything they want to people who don't have as much power.

It's a whole sick culture that has to be wiped out and these two guys are the leaders.

What makes trump so much dangerous is that he's not just around making some movies - - he's actually in control of nuclear weapons and he's irresponsible.

• Like 1

It's not just sexual harassment that brings these two together --tacky trump and Hollywood Harvey - - they both act like they're uncivilized.

They have no respect for others and don't know how to treat people.

They both feel like they're rich white men who are entitled and they can do anything they want to people who don't have as much power.

It's a whole sick culture that has to be wiped out and these two guys are the leaders.

What makes trump so much dangerous is that he's not just around making some movies - - he's actually in control of nuclear weapons and he's irresponsible.

I don't know all that much about Weinstein, but he sounds like your

typical rich guy who enjoys abusing his money and power to exploit

other people, just like Trump. Truly sad.

The Weinsteins grew up poor, unlike the Trumps. Harvey and his brother Bob started out as concert promoters in the 70's before starting the film distribution company Miramax, named after their parents. They specialized in releasing music films, foreign titles and documentaries. They also started releasing independent films, and were ground zero for the indie film boom of the 1990s. Harvey oversaw the Miramax division, which released "Oscar bait" arthouse and indie films, while brother Bob headed Dimension films, which specialized in genre and exploitation films. They sold the companies to Disney but continued to head their respective branches. They probably reached their peak in 1996/1997, when Harvey's The English Patient won all the Oscars and Bob's Scream ruled the box office. 

They became notorious for their expensive, elaborate Oscar campaigning, which translated into a lot of Oscar wins from the 90's to now. The Weinsteins left Disney in 2005 and started their eponymous company, which, while having a much smaller bank roll to work with, still managed to release quite a few critically acclaimed films. I would argue, though, that their clout in Hollywood, so high in the 1990s, was probably already at its lowest ebb since the 1980s before the scandal broke.

Harvey has been rumored to be a horrible sexist pig for decades, as well as foul-mouthed and overly aggressive. Bob Weinstein is said to be easily enraged, resorting to verbal and physical violence at the drop of a hat. However, I've never read anything of a sexist nature about Bob; he's just a general misanthrope.

Peter Biskind, who wrote the excellent look at 70's films Easy Riders Raging Bulls, also wrote a long but very good book about the independent film boom of the 1990s, and it was also a de facto biography on the Weinsteins. It's entitled Down and Dirty Pictures

• Like 1

Harvey Weinstein Is Fired After Sexual Harassment Reports

The Weinstein Company fired its co-founder Harvey Weinstein on Sunday, after a New York Times investigation uncovered allegations that he had engaged in rampant sexual harassment, dealing a stunning blow to a producer known for shaping American film and championing liberal causes.

The statement announcing the firing said the decision had been made “in light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days.” In an interview, Lance Maerov, one of the company’s four board members, said it had been brought to their attention that Mr. Weinstein had violated the company’s code of conduct at some point in the past week, but he would not specify what the violation was.

Mr. Maerov said Mr. Weinstein had been notified of his termination by email Sunday evening. The action was taken by Mr. Maerov, Bob Weinstein (Mr. Weinstein’s brother), Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar. A fifth board member, Paul Tudor Jones, resigned on Saturday.

Trump was never fired for any misconduct so there is no comparison, even though some desperate people are trying to make one.

• Like 1

45]YF0CXHte_bigger.jpgDavid Perkins@capdlp01

More

As always, they omit something important from the record...

DLd45gIU8AIPrqh.jpg

On more than one occasion...

DLd5A2YVAAAeJKF.jpg

2b07.png

45]y6yTzWn6_bigger.pngPOLITICOVerified account @politico

More

Trump: I'm 'not surprised' by Weinstein sexual harassment allegations http://politi.co/2fThAUZ

DLkg2IMW0AILhWF.jpg

Birds of a feather flock together and generally know what the other one's doing because they're both doing the same thing.

One firing down and one to go...

I'm not happy he might be a groper. I just doan obsess about it.

Nothing wrong with being a "groper" anyway, as long as a woman is permitting you to do it (her reasons for allowing it are hers - who knows exactly why? - gold-digging?, career advancement?, sexual attraction to the "groper"?, maybe she likes it?).

It's sex.

And sex is what people (men, anyway) are about. For men, hunger may be the primary drive to surviving, but sex is the primary drive in wanting to survive.

If a woman is unwilling to be touched in a private area, she will always let you know right then and there. If they make some kind of flap about it later (sometimes much later), it's because they're ****** off that they didn't get what they expected to get out of it.

Visitor Records: Harvey Weinstein Visited Obama White House 13 Times

Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein had a close relationship with President Barack Obama, visiting the White House complex on 13 occasions during the Obama presidency, according to visitor records.

Nine of his visits were with President Obama himself, including some events together with first lady Michelle Obama.

Other visits were with high-level staffers Valerie Jarrett, Michelle Obama’s aide Melissa Winter, and Jeremy Weinstein, who served on the National Security Council between 2009 and 2011.

The New York Times reported that Weinstein has been accused of numerous sexual harassment incidents throughout his career as a movie producer.

The Obamas routinely visited with Weinstein at fundraisers, some of them hosted by Weinstein and his wife Georgina Chapman.

No wonder Obama has been so silent about this scandal, they want to quickly sweep this one under the rug.